Five Fates 1.11, Dungeon crawler

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Boldek

Re: Five Fates

Post by Boldek »

wait, (Boldeks ever present question) what server will this be on? 1.9? 1.8?
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
Jaume

Post by Jaume »

A couple glitches I found today (playing the 1.8 version) --

(1) When she gets the Golden Shot advance, the Bow Maid also gets an extra (and redundant) "new" Holy Arrows attack as well. Removing the [effect] bloc starting at line 2388 in units/you.cfg should fix that.

(2) Resistances (whether you gain them from shields or from AMLA's) don't work as expected. The code you typically use -- such as:

Code: Select all

[effect]
apply_to=resistance
replace=no
[resistance]
blade=-5
[/resistance]
[resistance]
pierce=-5
[/resistance]
[resistance]
impact=-5
[/resistance]
[resistance]
fire=+10
[/resistance]
[/effect]
only affects the first resistance type listed. I changed that to:

Code: Select all

[effect]
	apply_to=resistance
	replace=false
	[resistance]
		blade=-5
		pierce=-5
		impact=-5
		fire=+10
	[/resistance]
[/effect]
which works as intended.

Similarly, in units/you.cfg, the advancement 'hardinesspath0' doesn't give any resistance to the bandit, since the whole [effect] tag bloc is missing.

(Of course, this could be perfectly legit WML for 1.9 for what I know - if that's the case, just forget this post :wink:)
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Jaume: Thanks again! Well I got to correct that. But I think I will fix this tomorrow evening after work and training. I will also make something like a status abbility where you can check your resistance your equipment and so on. But that will be in a faraway future.

Blodek: I design my campaigns on both 1.8 and 1.9.
The version 1.8 version is 1.8.4 and my 1.9 version is 1.9.7.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Version 0.152 is now released: for both 1.8 and 1.9

The shields has been changed in some way, as Jaume suggested, also the Resistance should now work as intended. But I couldn't resist to add more.

changes:

- bugfix shield and resistance
- increased resistance gain by the shields
- added abilities:
darken (vampire - vampirepath),
time manipulation (vampire - magicpath),
improve bite (vampire vampirepath max required)
presence of fear (bandit - thiefspath),
poison all melee weapons (bandit weaponspath),
hire druids - (bow maid - elven and befriend path max),
Berserker Aspect (dwarven - weaponpath),
Hire Thunderguard (dwarven - dwarvenpath),
Aura of Defence (paladin - aurapath)
Hire Mages and Red Mages (paladin: mages=magicpath, red mages=supplypath and magicpath max)

While darken increases the damage of chaotic units nearby your hero, the time manipulation and the presence of fear simply decreases the damage of the enemy units around your leader by 25%. The aura of defence is tricky, I used the original steadfast ability and than changed it: it is intended to twice the resistance of all units around your hero, up to a max of 60%. Each unit that has resistances beyond 30% is not affected. I want to make this an activateable aura. You can decide to shift between different useful auras, but just one can be activated.

The Berserker Aspect however will not only result in a very strong attack for the dwarven, but will also allow him to recruit dwarvish berserkers, to upgrade his troop strength - maybe this berserk attack is too strong, but after all the dwarf should be easy to play. The rest should be clear.

- amla standard advance, each hero has now an extra standard advance.
bandit (adds resistance), dwarf (adds damage to melee weapon), paladin (adds damage to primary weapon), vampire (adds damage to fist), maid (adds damage to ranged)
- changed abilities: Blood Strength will now give you additional hit points
- changed traits: vampires undead trait has been replaced, but you will later have the option to get this trait.
- check equipment: talk to the leader about your equipment, he will tell you your actual resistance/equipment - as said above, this will be part of a status report, that can be opened by a special menu, later.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

I just finished playing through this on easiest, and boy howdy, that dwarf is good! He was upgrading so fast the mooks couldn't kill him :D . I only had two problems: The steampunk scenario was a little easy, and it was a little tedious turning on steamgate after gate. I would leave a little message warning the player to turn off turn sound in case the player gets tired of the owl hooting.

I loved the boss fights and nethack 'off for the amulet' story, but here was a problem: The elven boss was making units faster than I could kill them, and I was stuck in a corner being attacked by an endless stream of elves. If you could up the price that would help the player move along.

Over all, I loved this campaign, and I can't wait for the next installment! Keep it up!
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes the third and the fourth level need a little bit more charm and balancing. Also there needs to be slighter changes to level 1-2. The level design and story hasn't been finished yet and there is still work to do - the charming and also complicated thing is to design the story for 5 different characters - this is far more work than I expected in first place, also the shop needs an upgrade.

There will be for several changes such as traps, random encounters, random loots, activateable abilities, additional story parts and finally an ingame helpmenu as in Strange Legacy. Unfortunately the last level is a little bit tricky to code, I will see what I can do - but it eats time! The next upload will take place around christmas when I'm finished with Trapped 0.7.
freeman12

Post by freeman12 »

Where is the exit of the light when least expected map?
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

freeman12 wrote:Where is the exit of the light when least expected map?
I believe that it is somewhere above the elven keep, just look for the cobblestones.
Gwynnedrion

Post by Gwynnedrion »

I'm liking this a lot even though I just started. But can someone please tell me how to kill the Guard when playing as a bow maid? I'd figure arcane weapons but the shops don't have them. And the two ghosts that guard him + his soul drain ability own my character each time...
”Rise, adept, and tell me about the enemy.”

You are a Horseman: you charge ahead without thinking of the consequences.(80%)
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Please note that this game is just available in an alpha version so you might need to replay it, after the update.

I will add arcane weapon in the next add on - or at least some kind of method to get an arcane weapon in the shop.

You can get an arance weapon if you advance and concentrate on your bow path. You will than get a Bow Attack (2): Holy Arrows, which is an arance attack.
To get enough experience you can enter the training room which is located east of the entrance - the positive side effect if you enter the training room the level will be reset and you can start from the start. You should also reconsider to buy a healing fluid - its expensive but it will revive you if you if you loose all hp - which is some kind reincarnation.

Solution for the First Guardian:
Spoiler:
Heindal

0.16 released

Post by Heindal »

version 0.16 of Five Fates is now available for 1.8 Battle for Wesnoth,
1.9 and 1.10 version will follow: uploaded after some minor changes

- changed maps
- two additonal levels and 6 different endings
- additional portraits for death elven fraction and machine guard (morphed and changed original portraits)
- added animations, backgrounds, sprites from UMC and some selfmade stuff (airship, assassinate animation, shovel ...)
- new campaign images
- four different traps and secret passages
- different spells that can be activated by right click:

Vampire: assassinate, teleport, slowdown, summon zombie
Bowmaid: sharpshoot, howl (summon wolf), slow, heal
Paladin: heal, restsoul, last stand (summon spearman)
Bandit: poison, assassinate, send scouts
Dwarf: sharpshoot, grenade

(took me long to develop them, thanks to dixies thread i managed to get some information about how filter work and how to use them for right click abilities, the problem however is that I have to use delay for showing animations - thats seems a little bit to complicated)

- upgraded/changed shop: buy and sellable equipment: 3 different armors, 3 different shields, around 20 melee and ranged weapons and mana/healpoiton and bomb as consumable items
- character story parts (for example: the bowmaid will refuse to kill the couple in level 2 so the 'story' is slightly different)
- changed random loot: chance to find a reincarnate potion, chance to get poisoned when drinking a poiton, 4 secret weapons, chance to find tools (a chances for the vampire)
- consumables will now disappear when the amount is 0
- a to be extended hall of fame of the alphatesters so far, i just mentioned some ...
Last edited by Heindal on February 24th, 2012, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Heindal wrote:version 0.16 of Five Fates is now available for 1.8 Battle for Wesnoth,
1.9 and 1.10 version will follow, after testing.
You do know that 1.8 is obsolete now, right? :wink: There's not much point in developing for that version anymore, since most players have moved or are/will be moving to 1.10. :)
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi artisticdue, or should I say "The Foreseer" :P?

Yeah, I know about 1.10. This was my one and only campaign that was designed for 1.8 so I wanted to be loyal. After around 3 month of work (during that period 1.10 has been released), I wanted to keep this 1.8 compatible code, as it should work in 1.9 and 1.10 as well. I had to test it before uploading to 1.8. By the way - the three month can be reduced to several hours of coding and drawing due to constant lack of time :annoyed:.

Uploaded 1.10.
Heindal

Re: Five Fates - Beta

Post by Heindal »

Finally I finished the beta version.

Why beta?

I coded almost everything that I wanted. I realized a real inventory system allowing to equip and unequip a variety of equipment.
The skilltrees are also available - you can see them in the first post or later in the game.

All features are now available in one menu: the so called heromenu. It can be accessed by rightclicking on your hero.
It allows you to manage your consumables, review your status and skilltree, call mercenaries and equip and unequip weapons, shields, helmets, amulets, rings, shoes.

New consumables are available in the misc store (the footpad):

- portalscrolls will allow you to teleport back to the traders
- weeds give one mana
- herbs give 30 HP back
- antidote unpoisons

Other changes:

- every dungeon now offers a store.
- graphics have been added
- armorracks and weaponracks allow you to find random weapons - annother way to get income
- surprise at the end
Heindal

Re: Five Fates - Beta

Post by Heindal »

version 0.21 uploaded

- new abilities (Bodyguard - Dwarven, Splashdrain - for Vampire, Weapon Poison/Splashslow - Bandit)
- inventory shows the equipped slot and the slots that are empty (its not perfect but at least a dynamic picture)
- splash added to shotgun, simple blast and rain of arrows
- new enemies (Bloodelven Mage, Flame Mechanical Guard, Epical Monsters)
- death elven sprites and portraits for all four units
- changed wolfghost sprites - just coloured an existing wolf
- changed sprites for mechanical guards, using clockwork area
- new armors with armorabilities (armors might grant a special ability)
- many new rings and amulets
- new boots that grant trap immunity
- new weapons, abilities and specials: charge, splash, splashpoison, splashdrain, splasgslow, splash, knockout (slow and stun), invisible
- some weapon changes such as halberd
- extended surprise (encounters, taverns, epic fights, missions)
- mapchanges adding several villages to maps or improving maps
- difficulty changes - more dangerous types of enemies/more gold for enemies

Known Bugs

- don't step on the "leave" field when using cheat and jumping to a level - it will respawned in the world map
- portalscrolls just teleport you in additional missions ... you might encounter beeing teleported to a spot, that is not existing :whistle: so please don't
- I encountered some problems when loading a game. During my last test it worked fine, but if you encounter this problem, please report it asap, so I can fix it!