[Complete] TOURNAMENT: Conquest

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Nauzhror

Re: TOURNAMENT: Conquest

Post by Nauzhror »

SlowThinker wrote:"lotr" is the beginning of "lotrando". That map is very classic.

Do you have any problem with the idea that "if both players can agree on a map, then they can play it"?
Well I suppose we can give it a try.
Ikerpeta

Post by Ikerpeta »

Nice idea, Im in. Im Ikerpeta on MP server too so add me :D.
I wouldnt want to play conquest with timer, but for example I tried several times to play a game with slowthinker but I just cant. I mean he takes 20 min to make turn 1 xDD
u have 13 damn gold buy something and end damn it! So... I dont know how to solve this. Anyway I allways play without timer cause some turns u need much more time (specialy on the last turns), but, as I said, dont make me play vs Slowthinker, at least not in round 1 please :twisted:
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

That's easy: if you get me as the opponent then just resign. :D

BTW you don't have to watch turns of other players carefully: just pause the game (by opening any dialog, for example alt-s), and after 5-10 min come back and look what happened.
Also I use speed 16 with my turns, but a low speed during turns of the enemy - in order that I don't miss something.
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
Nauzhror

Post by Nauzhror »

If you wish you can start some startup rounds, after those post the link of the replay download here. Ill add it as a guide to newer players somewhere. Been busy. Will be out this weekend as well.
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

:hmm: What do you mean by the "startup rounds"?
we can't play the tourney games, players are not alloted, possibly seeded...

(btw I PMed to Lich, Zhurgon and kud, I think they might want to participate too)
wtf_is_this

Post by wtf_is_this »

Sadly ST but kud,would not play coqnuest anymore(he said it at least).Yeah very sad i know he was your teacher and was aslo very cool person.Zhurgon i played before not much,but in creep wars.Idk anything about lich,but he havent been in THE MP SERVER,while i m on from months(we have somewhere 8 hours diference in our time zones but sitl...)
Nauzhror

Post by Nauzhror »

I meant by normal conquest game actually. Just that you would give us a full replay of a 1vs1 game finished from the start till the end.
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

all the replays are here:
http://replays.wesnoth.org/1.8/
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
Nauzhror

Post by Nauzhror »

Would be rather nice if you give me the replays yourself, hardly takes up time to load them, I don't like watching or actually trying to find conquest games in all of that mess.
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

1. It is not a mess, just search the list for "Conquest-" (or "Conquest" in case you want to see games of all Conquest variants)
2. In past I tried to post interesting saves of my games, but I ran into problems: Conquest Replays
Lich_Lord

Count me in!

Post by Lich_Lord »

Count me in!

I agree with no timer and the suggestion by some that the rounds should best two out of three or even more later on. Spawns decide a lot, especially on maps without teleports.

I think we should allow any conquest map as long as both players agree on it. It makes happier people :D

SlowThinker wrote:(btw I PMed to Lich, Zhurgon and kud, I think they might want to participate too)
Thanks for the PM slow, I wouldn't have heard of the tourney otherwise. I've been a little out of conquest news for awhile, so just PM me when the tournament will start.
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

Lich, and anybody else, I suggest you subscribe to this thread

Since Nauzhror, the boss, seems to be willing to take wishes of players into account 8) , I think players should answer these questions:
A poll:
  1. For 1st round, do you prefer 1 vs 1, or bigger groups (for example 4-player groups, 2 people advance)?
  2. Shall some people be seeded? (I guess the only way how to seed people would be by voting)
  3. Which map(s) shall be the default one? (i.e. the map which is played if players are unable to agree on their map)
  4. Shall we put an effort into a creation of balanced starts? If so, how?
my answers:
Nauzhror

Post by Nauzhror »

I'm still actually waiting for everyone to sing up, though I suppose there should be a date set for everything to be released. How about next Monday/Friday? (European time).
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

The tournament can't start and be paired with 13 players, we need 14 or 16 participants (and I believe they will come).

Once tournament games will appear on the server more players will want to register, and I believe it is possible to allow such late registrations - new people can play one another.
Nauzhror

Post by Nauzhror »

Well, I suppose I can drop out. Then it would be equal. I barely have time to play in it either wise.