Easiest Campaign?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

RaustBD

Easiest Campaign?

Post by RaustBD »

Hey, I've got this problem: I can play this game just fine during the day, but around night time, I tend to have difficulty concentrating, I get easily discouraged/bored/sidetracked, and i just generally have a hard time playing the game.

Is there, like, a REALLY easy, yet still fun, campaign I could play when I'm in one of those moods?

Any recommendations?
averyimaginativename

Re: Easiest Campaign?

Post by averyimaginativename »

Inky's Quest.

It's light hearted, fun, and incredibly easy until the last scenario (though there's been a couple of new ones added recently I haven't played).
UMC Story Images web gallery

On an indefinite Wesbreak for health reasons - please only try to get my attention for UMC story images website issues.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Story of Two Brothers, shipped within the mainline campaigns (I think it's the second in the list).
Except from the last scenario, you don't have to pay too much attention to what you're doing (on easy difficulty, of course).

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I made Salt Wars for a first time player and she beat it on normal with a bit of difficulty. She is a fast learner, but you still shouldn't find it too much of a challenge.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
powershot

Post by powershot »

My campaign, SOS, is made easy.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
ayearhasgone

Post by ayearhasgone »

Tale of Two Brothers.
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Son of the Black Eye. Beat it pretty quick. Either that or Rise of Wesnoth. I found neither one to be too much of a challenge.
powershot

Post by powershot »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote:Son of the Black Eye. Beat it pretty quick. Either that or Rise of Wesnoth. I found neither one to be too much of a challenge.
:shock:
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Great_Mage_Atari

Though I don't recommend SotBE or RoW to beginners, of course.
uncleshelby

Post by uncleshelby »

An Orcish Incursion is pretty easy, if you're not a complete beginner.
Timshel
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

OP wrote: Is there, like, a REALLY easy, yet still fun, campaign I could play when I'm in one of those moods?
Great_Mage_Atari wrote:Son of the Black Eye. Beat it pretty quick. Either that or Rise of Wesnoth. I found neither one to be too much of a challenge.

Worst.Recommendation.Ever.

AOI.
Easy, quick, smooth sailing if your using your shamans.

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
ayearhasgone

Post by ayearhasgone »

I couldn't get past the second scenario of AOI for the longest time. Smooth sailing after that. Until Troll Valley anyway...
uncleshelby

Post by uncleshelby »

Troll Valley was the easiest, excepting the first scenario, of course.
Timshel
Great_Mage_Atari

HomerJ wrote: Worst.Recommendation.Ever.

AOI.
Easy, quick, smooth sailing if your using your shamans.

Greetz
HomerJ
Which, of course, is why I put not recommended for beginners in my last post.
But I did think The South Guard on all difficulties was a piece of cake.
Last edited by Great_Mage_Atari on September 9th, 2011, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

The whole point of this thread was to recommend the easiest campaigns (which would presumably also be the best for beginners as well).

If you wouldn't recommend it to beginners, then you shouldn't have posted it in this thread anyway.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."