WesCamp problems

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lipk

WesCamp problems

Post by lipk »

I want to make my campaign translatable. The wiki told to 1, use underlines and textdomain directives (what I have been doing right from the start), 2, add a translate="true" line in the pbl file (what I did then). After that, I updated the campaign on the add-on server.

I found out that synchronizing the add-on server with WesCamp takes some time. So I waited. Now I have been waiting for three days. Are WesCamp updates so occasional or I should start to search the problem elsewhere?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: WesCamp problems

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Translating takes a lot of time, so I suggest you to wait at least a week or two.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

lipk wrote:I want to make my campaign translatable. The wiki told to 1, use underlines and textdomain directives (what I have been doing right from the start), 2, add a translate="true" line in the pbl file (what I did then).
Also you should definitely run wmllint on whatever shall be translated since it performs many checks to get things into translatable form. Missing underscores, macro references in translatable strings, empty translatable strings breaking wmlxgettext, maybe more.
Afaik the wescamp scripts are currently broken. Just looked and "A simple campaign" also isn't available there, even though it's at least several weeks since I uploaded it to the addon server with translate=true.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

The addon server->wescamp scripts are run manually. Poking some people on IRC should get that done. They wil also be able to tell you any errors that the script complains about.
lipk

Post by lipk »

Alright, thanks!