Post your favorite UNITS/FACTION!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: Post your favorite UNITS/FACTION!

Post by Velensk »

You are coming off as yet another newbie with boundless enthusiasm posting things apparently for the sake of doing so. This may not be a problem for you but in any case refrain from calling people names just because they don't share in it nor apprecaite it. As a side note, you might want to find a project to work on to turn that enthusaism into something useful and/or give yourself a purpose for being on the forum. The primary purpose of the forum is in general the development of the game and content for the game with secondary functions such as giving advice to new players and giving a place for people to post questions and the like. Not that one cannot use it for more social purposes but if so we encourage that to be done in the off topic area.

For the purpose of being on topic, I'm rather fond of the knalgans and drakes.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Thank you for your mildly constructive criticism. Being new to the forums does not mean being new to the Wesnoth community. I hope nobody holds that against people here, and wont call them "newbies" just because they just joined. Isn't the point of forums supposed to be having discussions on the topics of Wesnoth? Please people, don't put criticism on a page that is not for that topic. Thanks
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

It's not the being a newbie thats a problem, (in fact, being a newbie looking for advice is one of the good reasons to be here) it's the enthusastic but purposeless "hey! let's talk about the game because we like to talk about it! I don't care that you've already generally talked about it and that this particular discussion won't get anyone anywhere I want you to post in my thread anyway dammit!" that you're doing. It dosn't rub the right way with many people here, especially those focused on the practical.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Great_Mage_Atari

Ok. I don't see how a discussion about peoples favorite factions is a bad idea. Maybe if people get to learn about others favorite factions they will be more inclined to try out the others.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Almost all competitive wesnoth players play random. Others will either experiment or they won't and I don't see how hearing that other factions are peoples favorites will change this. Every faction is someones favorite and does it really matter who happens to prefer what to anyone?

EDIT: I should say, almost all good compeditive wesnoth players.
Great_Mage_Atari

Thats not the point of the thread
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Criticism of users (except by moderators' discretion) should be done in PMs.

I know that this thread's topic has been done to death - over and over and over and over again- and a lot of you veteran forum users are sick of seeing it, but think about this for a second: what is someone who wants to talk about it supposed to do? Necro-post?

So cut him some slack. Please.
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

Don't play MP much, only local games with myself to see how units in an era/faction work/play.

If I had to pick a favorite unit, it would probably have to be the Dwarvish Runesmith line. They're awesome. :D

Dwarves in general are pretty cool too.

Best Regards,
Mountain_King
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
powershot

Post by powershot »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote:Thank you for your mildly constructive criticism. Being new to the forums does not mean being new to the Wesnoth community. I hope nobody holds that against people here, and wont call them "newbies" just because they just joined.
Being a newbie is great! You don't get punished for accidently braking rules. :D
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

powershot... just...

I suppose that mentality would explain your behavior in the past, though I suppose you know just as well that you're not much of a 'newbie' anymore.

Anyways- favorite faction has probably got to be the Rebels, for their multipurpose usage and neutral alignment. The only real drawback is that sometimes I forget the Wose/Mage exists, which puts a crutch in going up against Undead!Random.

Favorite unit though has to be the Fire Dragon. That amazing sprite. Amazingly amazing sprite.
powershot

Post by powershot »

It's not like I purposely break rules. :annoyed:
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Seeing as powershot has been banned from the art forums, you might want to take what he said as absolute truth.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Great_Mage_Atari

Fire dragon is pretty cool.

By the way Pentarctagon, i love your avatar! :lol2:
powershot

Post by powershot »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote:Fire dragon is pretty cool.

By the way Pentarctagon, i love your avatar! :lol2:
Hehe, classic Calvin and Hobbes. Good times.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Powershot: I feel as though that had nothing to do with the actual point of the thread. :|

Anyway, my favorite faction is the Kharos from the Era of Magic and my favorite unit would be the Outlaw's Shadow Lord.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!