WesCamp question

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mountain_King
Translator

WesCamp question

Post by Mountain_King »

So, after you mark your campaign as "translate=true" in the .pbl file, and your campaign is in WesCamp for a month or so, do you need to create the .po files yourself or is it done automatically?
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Re: WesCamp question

Post by Anonymissimus »

Afaik there is something broken about their scripts currently.
However, I created a German translation for ASC in sole responsibility. One can use data/tools/wmlxgettext to create the .po (no big deal if you can cope with wmllint) and poedit to create the translation and the .mo and then adjust file names and directory structure. Should even work on windows.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

Okay, I understand all of that except the first part, where I run wmlxgettext. I found it in data/tools, just like it should be, but I'm not exactly sure where to go from there. Should it be run by another program? The only time I've used wmllint was through the IDE editor made by timotei, which makes things a lot easier.
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Here is an example of a resulting commandline for wmlxgettext which seems to work on win for me.
->Then it is likely to work on the other OSes too, in adapted form. Replace \\ by / if on *nix etc. In eclipse there is usually a feature where you can see the resulting command line (no idea whether that's available for the way the eclipse wml plugin invokes wmllint though...)

Code: Select all

E:\\Python26\\python.exe C:\\wesnoth\\data\\tools\\wmlxgettext -d C:\\wesnoth\\userdata\\data\\add-ons\\A_Simple_Campaign 1>C:\\wesnoth\\userdata\\data\\add-ons\\A_Simple_Campaign\\po\\wesnoth-A_Simple_Campaign\\de.po 
(Only problem I noticed is that poedit chokes on the resulting file if there are duplicate strings, so you may need to delete duplicate strings manually in the .po if you happen to have them.)

(What do you do with the resulting .po to get more translations then ? In the first place we can only translate our addons to the few languages we know anyway of course...)
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Note that’s not the wmlxgettext version used by Ivanovic in mainline — it should be the Perl one under utils/ in the source distribution.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.