Ruin A Wish

This is the place for forum games, not discussing games (Off-Topic), games development (Games Development), or Wesnoth (all other forums above).

Moderator: Forum Moderators

johndh

Re: Ruin A Wish

Post by johndh »

Granted. "One man's trash is another man's treasure." Enjoy your rusty spring.

I wish that onions wouldn't burn my eyes.
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Granted. Now they burn your hands instead.

I wish this post to be the last post in this thread ever.

(Sorry, I just had to try it again!)
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

Invalid.
First post wrote:... don't wish for the thread to end!
I wish I had the power to increment or decrement the temperature of up to one cubic meter of matter by half a Kelvin at will.
Finrod

Post by Finrod »

Granted, your head is stuck in a giant ice cube and you suffocate.

I wish to have two wishes instead of just one.
Semper Fidelis! USMC all the way.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Granted. However, you did not wish that second wish, so nothing happens.

:twisted: I wish I was a Mad Scientist Criminal Mastermind Supervillain whose powers include superstrength, superintelligence, invulnerability, supersenses, shapeshifting, immortality, regeneration, reality warping, telepotation, swordsmanship, time travel, flight, telekinesis, psychometry, souleating, encyclic knowledge, capability of holding breath, luck, energy projection, invincibility and godhood, all of which to a great degree and under perfect controll. I will however not suffer any bad side effects, including psychological ones, and I will always have enough energy avaible for my actions and survival. :twisted:

Colouredbox wrote:
Drakefriend wrote:Granted, but ou have to do slave labour for me.
I've always wanted to be a sexslave.
:augh: Who said something about sexual slavery?????
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Colouredbox

Post by Colouredbox »

Drakefriend wrote: :twisted: I wish I was a Mad Scientist Criminal Mastermind Supervillain whose powers include superstrength, superintelligence, invulnerability, supersenses, shapeshifting, immortality, regeneration, reality warping, telepotation, swordsmanship, time travel, flight, telekinesis, psychometry, souleating, encyclic knowledge, capability of holding breath, luck, energy projection, invincibility and godhood, all of which to a great degree and under perfect controll. I will however not suffer any bad side effects, including psychological ones, and I will always have enough energy avaible for my actions and survival. :twisted:
Granted, but everyone just keep spamming UMAD? at you.
Drakefriend wrote:
Colouredbox wrote: I've always wanted to be a sexslave.
:augh: Who said something about sexual slavery?????
edit: I wish I don't wish
Last edited by Colouredbox on July 6th, 2011, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting for cheesedwarfs to be added to ageless.
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

Ummmm... :shock: :? :annoyed:

I wish that people would remember to make their wish as well as grant the previous one.
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

let's keep this clean folks.
granted, but their fulfillments are all really lame.

I wish that I will be able to eat pie when ever I want.
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
enchilado

Post by enchilado »

Granted, but it's mud pie.

I wish I could think of a wish.
johndh

Post by johndh »

Granted, but you forget to ask it so it doesn't do any good.

I wish that this banana bread I'm baking will turn out to be really good.
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Granted. It is so good it is intermediatly stolen.

I wish no one wanted to see "You have been playing Wesnoth too long when..." dead.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

granted. the thread is attacked by a group of maniac trolls who post pointless stuff here until shadowmaster loses it and locks the thread.

I wish that I could own a thousand turtles.
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
dipseydoodle

Post by dipseydoodle »

Granted but there all hostile snapping turtles.

I wish I could own a private solar system.
Xalzar

Post by Xalzar »

Granted but the local star(s) is/are collapsing and soon your solar system is destroyed. Nice fireworks, btw.

I wish I could make Wesnoth campaigns through thought only, and so have them immediately ready, complete, not warped, in the add-on list as soon as I think the storyline... and everyone will download and appreciate them. :D Ah, I have infinite fantasy also... ^^
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

The genie grants your wish with a devilish grin, and vanishes into the aether.

The next day, you find hooked up to your computer a strange device equipped with a tube, pulsing with green light. Approaching carefully, you discover that it seems to be a human brain, fused with wires of all sorts inside the life-support tube.

Slightly unnerved, you reassure yourself that the brain must be a joke, a well-made replica- and turn on your computer.

A few minutes later, a new folder manifests in your documents file, and inside it is a perfect campaign. You immediately install it with glee, seeing your wish come true.

Then a few minutes later, another campaign of fantastic storytelling and programming. And another. And another. You soon find yourself inundated by the creative power of your own subconscious mind, and it's all you can do to keep uploading the campaigns to the addons server.

Your campaigns are received with accolades, and you're propelled instantly into a league of wesnothian legends, on par with all the WML pioneers of the past. You become a developer, then soar past them in productivity, and soon all the mainline campaigns are replaced by yours. Even the tutorial. Somehow.

This steady flow of campaign-making slows within a few weeks; you notice the brain-jar device that's been generating your prestige has been dimming in light, and one night it turns off entirely. In the morning, you see that the brain has shriveled away as the fluids of the jar turned to naught. After initial panic, you convinced your online friends that you've gotten tired of WML for now- and besides, 'you' already made enough campaigns for years of playing Wesnoth day and night, haven't you?

And so it goes- your activity on the forum diminishes, bit by bit, until you recede into legend, as the ultimate WML wizard, the master of code that all WML dabblers look up to. Eventually, you stop visiting or playing Wesnoth at all, having reached a sort of ennui of creation, your own skills unable to match the mystifying yet now useless device still hooked to your computer-

Nobody notices that on the same day that you posted your first campaign that 'you' made, all the WML wizards and WML pioneers stopped posting. And not only that- pixelartists and portrait painters, art developers and contributors, musicians and writers alike all stopped activity on the one same day.

And on that same day, newspapers around the country advertised a strange phenomenon, of young men who were found dead at their computer from cerebral hemmorrages all at the same time, a chunk of their gray matter missing entirely, vanished to an unknown place. Conspiracy theorists wondered if the government was building a new superhuman, or if the aliens were really here and sucking up brains in secret after all.

People attributed the lack of activity of the campaign makers to the commonplace, unannounced wesbreak. Nobody paid the phenomenon much attention, and nobody ever connected the dots.

Within half a year, Wesnoth.org's income from advertisements lowered drastically enough to force its closure. With its developers vanished, the prime of its community decapitated, a website starving for lack of new content could not continue.

But that was okay- it's not like you were still playing that old game, after all. You'd moved on- to a new game that'd been released. You heard it was called Frogatto or something-

And as you began to download the game, in some far, distant realm, an arcane plane of sin and avarice, one genie grinned at the idea of another wish to be made and another microcosm to be ruined.
Spoiler: