Game Promotion

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rapture

Game Promotion

Post by Rapture »

Please post you ideas on how to increase the free wesnoth online gaming community and
let newcomers experience the the great design, concept and strategical game play which
the game has to offer which everyone has made possible. Currently the game is promoted
on such sites as; mackintosh related free games, wikipedia and possible more, I would like
to organize a promotional team which in their free time will promote the game on various
respectable websites and raise the reputation for the excellent free online game.
- Rapture -
Zachron

Re: Game Promotion

Post by Zachron »

I just word of mouth it to peeps I think might be interested... Been a while since I had the time...and it not be consumed by Minecraft. :\
Project Battlescar: An rpg engine of my own design.
http://battlescar.wikispaces.com/
Raliven

Post by Raliven »

I would suggest gathering all the college students on the forums and making a flyer that they can download, print out, and post on their college campus.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Or you know..any other students on any other campus...
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Post by SigurdFireDragon »

One fairly easy thing (if you have facebook) is adding this Wesnoth Page as an interest on your facebook.
Co-Author of Winds of Fate
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
Erfworld: The comic that lead me to find Wesnoth.
Viliam
Translator

Post by Viliam »

A flyer (available for download at Wesnoth home page, in different formats) would be great. You can also make a micro-flyer containing a name, description and URL.

You can subscribe to the Facebook page, or add the YouTube trailer to your favourite videos. You can link these from your web page. (Somewhere in this forum, there were Wesnoth banners, too.)

If you have more time, you can organize a Wesnoth multiplayer competition in your local school.
perseo

Post by perseo »

Of course I think the wikipedia article of wesnoth can be a great help for promoting it. In fact the articles of spanish, italian and other are quite old with the old graphics (it's incredible realize how wesnoth graphics have evolved). We can made a post to make a wikipedia article all together and then translate it to other languages. It's just an idea.
"I was pulling a barrow, when I saw a stalking horse
what a beautiful day!- he said- for visiting a red herring
and getting hoarse."
Working on this campaign: The septentrional tower
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

I'm not saying it's not a good idea to write Wikipedia articles on Wesnoth in as many languages as possible, or to have a strong, detailed Wikipedia article, but keep in mind that Wikipedia has a policy about this :)
cookie

Post by cookie »

you could go on other games then constantly game URL's or links to wesnoth ^^
Not to be taken seriously^
Bye says the cookie.
perseo

Post by perseo »

Don't missunderstand me please. I'm not saying that we must make open publicity in wikipedia. I'm just thinking about having complete information of the game on wikipedia for all the people who want to know what's wesnoth can read a good article. It's not the same, there are matices. :wink:
"I was pulling a barrow, when I saw a stalking horse
what a beautiful day!- he said- for visiting a red herring
and getting hoarse."
Working on this campaign: The septentrional tower
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

I didn't think you meant that, but I've seen other games end up in trouble because fans misused Wikipedia, so I thought it'd be better to say something, just to be safe :)
Deukalion

Post by Deukalion »

I think its a great idea to promote the game if you enjoy it. I will be sure to do so even more than the friends that I have already gotten to try it.

Its a pretty cool phenomenon. If everyone gets a couple people to try, and they in turn get a couple to try, it could balloon very quickly.
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

Deukalion wrote:If everyone gets a couple people to try, and they in turn get a couple to try, it could balloon very quickly.
Is that legal?
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Why would it not be? That's called "word of mouth"...
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
Deukalion

Post by Deukalion »

I think it might have been a drug joke, maybe?