Era of 4 worlds, almost 4500 downloads + new portrait.

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

powershot

Era of 4 worlds, almost 4500 downloads + new portrait.

Post by powershot »

Era of Three worlds 0.7.2

ERA of NINE WORLDS -Megatide-(9) -Dark nations-(7) and -the Unwakend-(3)

Will eventaully be made with Nine original factions that aren't in any other eras!
Era of TechnMechs.png
Factions

-Unwakend-

-Theives and Gunners-
A faction composed of Theives, and also some armed Gunners! Very agile faction, and fun to play with. Completed

-Ghost and Shapeshifters:-
Made of the two races, Ghosts and Shapeshifters. Completed

Ghost: a.k.a. Wind riders. These are humans who were in isolation for years and learned wind magic, making them ghost-like.

Shapeshifters: These are outlaws and mages who have used dark magic to shapeshift. Allied with Wind riders.

Techs:

A faction of people who use technology to empower them.(includes robots)(only preview available.)
--------------------------------------------(original post)------------------------:
Last edited by powershot on August 12th, 2012, 9:15 pm, edited 63 times in total.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Ceres
Forum Regular

Re: New Faction

Post by Ceres »

Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Moved to the correct forum.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
powershot

Post by powershot »

Pentarctagon wrote:Moved to the correct forum.
Thanks Pentarctagon.

I would like some people to comment on my creatures, although they are slightly unbalanced(yet the most balanced I've made yet). I'm starting to make a new race called cavers. They get -75% damage in the day and +75% and -25% at dawn and dusk. Their other abilities make them balanced.Edit:
Power is Eras!.png
Last edited by powershot on October 20th, 2011, 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

powershot wrote:I would like some people to comment on my creatures, although they are slightly unbalanced(yet the most balanced I've made yet). I'm starting to make a new race called cavers. They get -75% damage in the day and +75% and -25% at dawn and dusk. Their other abilities make them balanced.
Please find out how to code them! That would be awesome.

@ your units: They probably could keep those stats and still be balanced if you want. It depends how expensive they are.
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
powershot

Post by powershot »

Reepurr wrote:
powershot wrote:I would like some people to comment on my creatures, although they are slightly unbalanced(yet the most balanced I've made yet). I'm starting to make a new race called cavers. They get -75% damage in the day and +75% and -25% at dawn and dusk. Their other abilities make them balanced.
Please find out how to code them! That would be awesome.

@ your units: They probably could keep those stats and still be balanced if you want. It depends how expensive they are.
I think that the cavers are (or will be) quite balanced. They have resistances like this "pierce 100% blade 105% impact 110% arcane 150% fire 125% and cold 0%. They also have higher damage than average units, more speed, and moderate health, they seem balanced to me.

Cave Rouge

They are not to hard to program if you just change the liminal alignment.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Araja

Post by Araja »

Oh no, they're attacking us with beauty products :lol2:

It's spelled "Rogue". :)
Rozard

Post by Rozard »

Oh wow... seems really costly army...
Btw, why Valkyrie warrior and Valkyrie Champion have slash blade if they have melee blade?
Melee blade seem have more damage, more hits AND is magical (slash is only marksman)...
So why have that weak never-to-use-attack?

also, do you hate dodgers? units every attack seem either magical or marksmaned...
~We go with night to harvest of life~
Creator and maintenancer of A.N.O cult faction,here.
(balacing state)
A.N.O operate in Beyond Southern Hells era,here
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Not necessary, but if you can keep the sword-name as Greenwood Blade or Sword, I will appreciate it.:wink:
(the first one is just fine because you changed the color.:) )
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
powershot

Post by powershot »

Rozard wrote:Oh wow... seems really costly army...
Btw, why Valkyrie warrior and Valkyrie Champion have slash blade if they have melee blade?
Melee blade seem have more damage, more hits AND is magical (slash is only marksman)...
So why have that weak never-to-use-attack?

also, do you hate dodgers? units every attack seem either magical or marksmaned...
Well as I said these are kinda unbalanced and cost the same, and the magical and marksman is purely to make them superior, and the slash attack is use because it's not melee or ranged therefore nobody can counter that attack. It's very useful. :mrgreen:
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
powershot

Post by powershot »

SkyOne wrote:Not necessary, but if you can keep the sword-name as Greenwood Blade or Sword, I will appreciate it.:wink:
(the first one is just fine because you changed the color.:) )
The sword is not named in the Valkyrie stats, but if you would like, and if I am able to put Valkyries online as a faction, I might change it to greenwood sword(it is a really COOL great sword). The fighter one is a different color because I inverted the colors in paint, That's pretty cool too.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
powershot

Post by powershot »

Araja wrote:Oh no, they're attacking us with beauty products :lol2:

It's spelled "Rogue". :)
Oh, :oops: I'm sorry for spelling it wrong, but I don't know of anything called rouge... :|
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rouge_%28cosmetics%29

Crend

PS: Why do you double post, by the way? ;)
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
powershot

Post by powershot »

powershot wrote:
Reepurr wrote: Please find out how to code them! That would be awesome.

I think that the cavers are (or will be) quite balanced. They have resistances like this "pierce 100% blade 105% impact 110% arcane 150% fire 125% and cold 0%. They also have higher damage than average units, more speed, and moderate health, they seem balanced to me.

Cave Rogue

They are not to hard to program if you just change the liminal alignment.
I changed it now to the correct spelling.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
francophone

Post by francophone »

I do not know the idea, the story of these factions. So perhaps it is justified, but why your Valkyrie fighter has HP + speed + attack + large resistance + average with chance to hit?
Is it necessary for the Valkyries have everything for them? Apparently they fly and will probably go on mountains and over water without slowing down.
Maybe they are slowed in caves and forests, and with a very bad defense on all terrains?
Even so, they may be expensive. (note I develop a faction which all Levels 1 cost 21).

"the slash attack is use because it's not melee or ranged therefore nobody can counter that attack. It's very useful."
The name and icon of attack suggest a melee attack. I plan an similar attack on another new project. It is a psychic attack (with the characteristic magical). But "slash blade ", I do not understand how can be the range for not being able to strike back against either melee or remotely.
Marksman and why? If it is a particular form of magic, the attack should be "magical". If it's like a sword, is the range should be melee. Finally, the answer may be in defining the range.

"pierce 100% blade 105% impact 110%"
A difference of 5% seems symbolic. It makes 1 for an attack by 20 damage (20 is enormous). In many cases, it will make no difference in the game. After, if it voluntarily symbolic ...