The Humble Frozenbyte Bundle

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

timotei
Inactive Developer

The Humble Frozenbyte Bundle

Post by timotei »

Hi everyone!

In case you are interested the Wolfire guys just released another humble indie bundle:
http://www.humblebundle.com/

Have fun playing!
Wesnoth User Made Content IDE/Plugin - an easier way of developing new content for Wesnoth.
bigkahuna

Re: The Humble Frozenbyte Bundle

Post by bigkahuna »

Definitely :)
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
Kalajel

Post by Kalajel »

Yeah, I received an email about it yesterday.
johndh

Post by johndh »

It should be noted that (apparently all) of the games have serious problems with Intel graphics. This isn't advertised anywhere in the manual or the download page, so I just wasted $15 and a lot of download time for a whole lot of nothing. :|
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

johndh wrote:It should be noted that (apparently all) of the games have serious problems with Intel graphics. This isn't advertised anywhere in the manual or the download page, so I just wasted $15 and a lot of download time for a whole lot of nothing. :|
System requirements (including the fact that they won't work with integrated graphics) are mentioned for Trine and both Shadowgrounds games on their own websites, but not for Jack Claw and Splot, it seems.

Still, it's true that they should have mentioned the requirements for a system which can play all of the games.
Kalajel

Post by Kalajel »

johndh wrote:It should be noted that (apparently all) of the games have serious problems with Intel graphics. This isn't advertised anywhere in the manual or the download page, so I just wasted $15 and a lot of download time for a whole lot of nothing. :|
Hmm, that's odd, they work on my Intel Mac. Though I'll admit that Shadowgrounds has a few annoying lag spikes and that at some point the cinematics no longer have sound, but aside from that the games work well.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

johndh wrote:It should be noted that (apparently all) of the games have serious problems with Intel graphics.
Yeah, I noticed this. Fail on my part, as I should've checked. However, I still feel Humble should've mentioned this... On the last two bundles all but one or two of the games (out of all 11) worked fine on my comp.

EDIT: Via the Humble Bundle FAQ. Johndh, there's still hope for your $15.
http://frozenbyte.com/help_humble/ wrote:Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor, Trine and Jack Claw require an ATI/AMD or NVIDIA graphics card.
Unfortunately integrated Intel chipsets will not be able to run the games. (Please email contact@humblebundle.com for a refund for your purchase in this case.)
Note it didn't mention Splot (the game coming out). Maybe there will be hope for it.
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!