SXRPG Replays

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mabuse

SXRPG Replays

Post by Mabuse »

ok. since now there got some serious bugs fixed, its time to open the hall of fame

Post here your SXRPG replays.

only difficulty settings of EXPIERIENCED or EXPERT are allowed
version number must be 3.9.1a or higher

if you win a map your nickname will be displayed/included in a hall of fame that is displayed in the Scenario Instructions.

also this first post will be updated regularly
i hope i can find my name as soon as possible here :)

HALL OF FAME:
---------------

MCP Castle of Cantar: EXPIERIENCED
MCP Evil Dead: EXPIERIENCED
ZEUS Evil Dead: EXPIERIENCED
MCP WIZARD OF WAR II: EXPIERIENCED
BuBu WIZARD OF WAR II: EXPIERIENCED

MCP Castle of Cantar: EXPERT
MCP Evil Dead: EXPERT
MCP WIZARD OF WAR II: EXPERT
Last edited by Mabuse on July 18th, 2011, 6:37 pm, edited 8 times in total.
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
MCP

Re: SXRPG Replays

Post by MCP »

Any Era restrictions?
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

don't give him bad ideas xD
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

MCP wrote:Any Era restrictions?
i'd say EVERY replay that doesnt use the SXADDON ERA might be subject of a revision ;)

on this point i'd like to know if there are OP abilites that you are aware of. i think there is an "soultaker" ability, which give +1 dam per killed units. of course this will get restricted (ingame via sx trait), since it is OP in any SX game

also, you could simply create your own era with units that have 100% resist in every category.
that something like this is not accepted is clear.

but beside this, im open that people use any era they like, of course other eras may have more powerful units, but as long this is within a certain boundary it is ok.

for the "bonus items" that can get "earned" on completing levels:
i dont think im going to include a check wether you used "the right" units.
so these bonus items can be gotten by using OP units.
but in the end im also pretty sure that there wil be some possibility to "hack" these items, so its not that important. its just a gimmick.

bonusses will be like discounts of 7 gold (expierienced) or 10 gold (expert) for the options that have discount (cantar map)

some small items that give +5% armor in a certain category
(gauntlet, fire ring, ice ring, ...)

more potions, there might a a +50% HP potion for 20 gold.
(potion restocks only 50% health, but cost also only half)

mana potion (restocks mana to 100%)
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

rogue isnt bad on solo (cantar).
thunderer: torch, berserkersword+energywave as additional weapons :)
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

cantar you say? well if you want it so badly
how about have a system of achievements for which to give those bonuses? i could propose some like: lord of the rings - find and take all rings on the map, reward: in future games whoever takes a ring you also get the bonuses from it
Attachments
SXRPG_CastleOfCantar_powtórka.gz
(349.37 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

thx for replay, will be revisited now :)
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

StDrake wrote:cantar you say? well if you want it so badly
how about have a system of achievements for which to give those bonuses? i could propose some like: lord of the rings - find and take all rings on the map, reward: in future games whoever takes a ring you also get the bonuses from it
ok, replay revisited and rejected to be a candidate for HALL OF FAME. titan with 340% default armor (+50% from the intital 5 slots that you get on lvl1 (=390%)) is considered as OP.
MCP

Post by MCP »

Solo Castle Cantar, SX RPG era, on Experienced/Death Mode, 2nd most difficult setting, Hurricane Drake (started at level 1 Drake Glider), latest version from today (3.9.2?)

Notes:
1. Did it in one sitting, only took about 2.5 hours + about 1/2 an hour to figure out my initial setup with some testing.
2. Reloaded once when attacking a fire dragon boss during point 6 (see below). Was unsure of odds because it said 89% CTK and 11% CTD, but it was in no luck mode so I just shrugged my shoulders. Upon reloading I just used a red potion and avoided the problem.

Strategy:
Start/Build: Ranger, Chaotic, Fearless, +2 armor is nice for resists. Get mega regen, ranged cold, arcane focus, net, shield, 'fix' some or all of the bad resistances, terrain train cave/fungus, upgrade +2 moves, upgrade HP and damage/strikes as appropriate. Later get precision/focus and eventually slow on arcane and cold attacks, also buy magical/slow for the net eventually. 60% resists for fire/ice/arcane. Steadfast/Dauntless with 25% resists on blade/pierce/impact. Agility for cave defenses. Considered adding slow to the marksman fire.
1. Get to the first two caves early.
2. Kill the Orc bosses.
3. Try to get into the west cave, get items, and kill the second AI. What ended up happening is too many mobile bosses stopped me just short of reaching the boss, so I worked my way back, regrouped, and set out again, killing all in my path.
4. Kill the second AI with ease, work my way out to the shop north of the Orc AI leader camp and head all the way south.
5. Head south, shop, enter the cave, get the ring, get out of the cave on the north side and shop.
6. Kill my way into the third AI leader and kill the third AI leader. Go to the shop in the south first and then get the two rings (delay shroud update so as not to land on the fire).
7. Head south/west a little bit to the shop, get some gold, get some yellow potions, head to the drake lair and get to the shop.
8. Fight my way to the last AI and kill it with ease.
Attachments
SXRPG_CastleOfCantar-Auto-Save104.gz
(681.84 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
SXRPG_CastleOfCantar_HurricaneDrake.gz
Replay of Castle of Cantar, SX RPG v 3.9.2
(384.4 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
MCP

Post by MCP »

Solo Evil Dead, SX RPG era, Death Mode, Experienced (2nd hardest difficulty), Drake Glider, latest version 3.9.2.

Same basic strategy as Castle of Cantar, same basic time table as Castle Cantar. I reloaded once when I was careless and I ended turn in range of a berserker wolf. But a reload and I get the jump on the zerker, slitting its throat.

Getting started is easy. The +200 gold for experienced difficultly allows for soulstealer and mega-regen on first turn, along with all of the weapons, damage, etc required to get through the first cave. In fact it's enough to get very far in the map, as you'll see in the replay. My plan is a little bit sloppy, but it works for this difficulty. I can't really explain my strategy very well, it was about as intelligent as, "Go and kill them all, oh and get that ring and maybe some chests over there... shiny!"
Attachments
SXRPG_EvilDead-Auto-Save94.gz
(641.87 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
SXRPG_EvilDead_HurricaneDrake_Experienced.gz
(372.69 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
MCP

Post by MCP »

A reply on Wizard of War 2, experienced mode (not expert/mad mode).

1. It seems to work correctly.
2. I landed myself in hot water when I left my hurricane drake in range of a zerker. As Warfall was saying something like, 'berserkers are a quick way to end a game.' :D

Lessons learned for WoW2 versus castle cantar and Evil Dead:
1. Buy arcane, fire, cold, AND impact for precision focus, and buy a net for slow/precision(200 gold to add precision, totally worth it for defensive damage). Drake comes with fire so I only have to buy four of those, but still very expensive to build this unit. I already knew I needed arcane, fire, and cold, but I also need impact with precision/focus or else vampires and bonedevils, for instance, are too resistant to the damage I deal.
2. Precision/Focus is required for Fire damage type. In Castle Cantar and Evil Dead, I only needed to upgrade arcane and cold to precision/focus/slow.

ps I think Warfall might have a 'bug report' about how expert mode is literally 'impossible.' ;p.
MCP

Post by MCP »

SX Evil Dead Experienced with players Zeus, aka Rabble, and MCP using the standard Ghost as a unit.

Turns out two ghosts is not a good team because ghosts are weak to arcane and fire.

All I can say is Cleric summon Ice Demon is amazing!

Don't really care if this makes the hall of fame or the hall of shame or nothing at all, since they're ghosts after all.
Attachments
SXRPG_EvilDead_Zeus_and_MCP_ghosts_replay.gz
(330.91 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

ghosts are ok :)

after all they only get 230% total DEFAULT armor, from lvl 1 on, which means they only ge 1 armor slot (to a max of 240%) (or 3 armor slots if you take a warrior or ranger)

which is ok.
tbh, i already thought about putting ghosts back into the SXRPG era.

so gosts have high default armor, but cannot distribute muyh, also the have good terrain def and great movement - as said biggest downfall is theat they cannot distribute much armor.

you cannot compare this with a titan, the lvl1 unit has low armor so it can distribute 5 slots, and then it gets 340 default armor on lvl2 - which makes a total of 390%. this is OP.
i would even ACCEPT a titan-like unit if it wouldnt be able to get 5 slots from start, but as it is iss just OP.

the ghost looks clearly much weaker in comparison :)
since it still has its weaknessess
MCP

Post by MCP »

SUCK IT DARTH SAUL!

Once I got angry enough, properly pissed off, I was able to F*** this map up. This has occurred few times when playing games of the non-competitive nature because most single player games are easy. There is no escape, you have to kill everything. My rage is unstoppable.

RAGE-O-SAURUS

Defeated Wizard of War 2, Experienced, Solo, Hurricane Drake, Death Mode, despite no luck bugs, Ranger, version 3.9.2. (edit: I am unable to watch the replay... Although I've never been able to watch replays on my computer so I wasn't surprised) (edit2: This is the first time I beat WoW2 ever)

As you saw earlier, I had to reload a few times because of accidentally leaving myself in range of a zerker I should have seen. It gets really tough near the last few bosses. I had to have 4 blue potions in order to make it to Darth Saul and kill it using two blue potions. I had to reload so I had all four places loaded with blue pots instead of 3 blue pots plus a red pot back on turn 133 iirc. Also I was forced to kill Darth Saul in one turn because the guards in his inner castle would kill my hero with ease. I went straight to Darth Saul, no side trips, no wasting turns, the way SX should be played. I couldn't kill the fire titan guards to get any of the potions in one turn, besides them reducing my current HP to max HP because of the death aura.

The second to last boss wasn't too bad because I could one-turn the guards that are not fire titans.

The third to last boss and AI 8 pissed me off the most because of the Ghost Reapers. I f****** hate those ghost reaper guards.

I couldn't even attack the spiders in the last area, for some reason all of my attacks except the net did 1 damage per strike, clearly a bug in something. Didn't matter anyways, I just flipped them off and killed Darth Saul.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I had over max HP from a yellow potion plus blue potions, but if I stay in range of a death aura (Fire Titan in darth saul area), it resets my current HP to max HP, rather than reducing my current HP. This is also the same for Darth Saul's death aura.

Aside:
Mabuse wrote:ghosts are ok :)

after all they only get 230% total DEFAULT armor, from lvl 1 on, which means they only ge 1 armor slot (to a max of 240%) (or 3 armor slots if you take a warrior or ranger)

which is ok.
Well, at level one you get +5 armor, so always buy armor for a ghost before reaching max level and you will be able to get decent fire/arcane resists with steadfast/dauntless. I didn't do this, I only got the three because I was a warrior, but it was close.
Attachments
SXRPG_WizardOfWar2-Auto-Save135.gz
(982.48 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
SXRPG_WizardOfWar2_Replay_Hurricane_Drake_Experienced.gz
Replay.
(580.62 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
Last edited by MCP on April 7th, 2011, 1:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

MCP wrote: Aside:
Mabuse wrote:ghosts are ok :)

which is ok.
Well, at level one you get +5 armor, so always buy armor for a ghost before reaching max level and you will be able to get decent fire/arcane resists with steadfast/dauntless. I didn't do this, I only got the three because I was a warrior, but it was close.
LIES ! :)

you wont get 5 slost. there is stil a calculation for the lvl1 slosts (not just 5 slots and thats it), you get at MAX 5 slosts, to deal possible higher default resistances on higher lvls.

a lvl1 "warrior" ghost has just 3 slots (240 - 230 default armor = 10 (1 slot) +2 slot from being a warrior), for example

but anyway, I CANT WAIT TO WATCH THE REPLAY of WOWII :D:D:D:D:D:D