Bad Moon Rising & Trinity

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Valinor

Re: Bad Moon Rising & Trinity

Post by Valinor »

(1) What difficulty levels and game (& campaign) versions have you played the scenario/campaign on?
If reviewing a specific scenario, please specify.

Once on easy, once and medium.

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario/campaign? (1-10)

Easy = 4; medium = 8

(3) How clear did you find the scenario/campaign objectives?

Crystal

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline?

Great, one of the best I have run into.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario/campaign?

Beating the scenario "The Camp" :wink:

(6) How fun do you think the campaign is? (1-10)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the campaign to make it more fun?

I would have to agree with bigkahuna about Echnidia's portrait, that is the only thing that really detracts from my enjoyment of the campaign, is having to look at it every time she says something.

(8) Any grammatical mistakes in dialogue/story text?

I don't recall noticing any.
Rowanthepreacher

Post by Rowanthepreacher »

I'm just posting here to ask for advice on, of all things, the very first mission of act 1. It's plain impossible. by turn two, either I've moved north along the road and died to trolls, or moved north east along the cave and died to trolls. At least 4 troll whelps are present, no matter where I go. I've tried going one way to lure the trolls, then running back the other way, but they invariable catch up and slaughter me.

I really don't see how it's even possible, anyone care to enlighten me?

EDIT: Never mind. What a surprise, after all the dialogue about going north, it's the south passage that you have to take.
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

As some other people have mentioned I have the "missing-reanna" problem, since I did one of the first missions too quickly. Since I've never had Reanna on my team I now have a problem in "trouble with elves", where you are supposed to move all heroes to the northern edge of the map. However, since I haven't got reanna I cannot move her to the edge and hence I cannot complete the mission.....

is there a way of getting Reanna into the game, somehow? Without going back to map2?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hrm, I didn't think it was still possible to do that. :hmm: I'm assuming this is the 1.9 version, since it sounds like you are starting part 3 and don't have her because of global variables. Off the top of my head, I can think of two possible things, though I'd need to test them myself to be sure they work.

1. There is a folder somewhere in your userdata folder called "variables" or "global_variables" or something like that. In that folder is a file with "Bad_Moon_Rising" in its name. Move that somewhere else, so it is not in that folder. After you do that, you will start Part 3 without the recall list from Part 2, but Raenna will exist and the enemies should be a little weaker.

2. If you open the file in add-ons/Bad_Moon_Rising/scenarios3/2_01_Trouble.cfg, and paste this in the side 1 definition (just above the "[/side]" of line 174 should be safe), it should also work
Spoiler:
Then restart Part 3
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

Sorry forgot to mention it. Yes, playing 1.9.3.

Will try your advise later on today. Will report in how it goes. Though I'd hate to lose my nice recall list :) Wouldn't it be possible to rename the old, generate a new one, and copy-paste the Raenna section into the old file? Anyway, will see how it goes.
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

tried the second option you outlined. works, restarted the map now with Reanna :)

Thanks for the quick response.
Rowanthepreacher

Post by Rowanthepreacher »

Just looking for a little advice on the prologue now :D

it the mission in which you lead a small band down into the caves, rolling boulders into holes through which the undead pour. How do you complete this mission? I've gotten down to the fortified area on the west, but blue undead rush out and prevent me from going any further. By the time I've cleared a path for one of my units, the greens have already poured forth from a hole I couldn't reach, and it's just a slog until they overwhelm and destroy all my units. What am I doing wrong? I've tried rushing, but the blue horde prevents me. I've tried sending my leader first, but he's too slow. I've tried using all of my units as an effective team by taking all the best terrain and mashing enough blues to grant me passage, but the greens escape. I see no alternative direction nor strategy.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

It sounds like you have the right idea, there is no secret path or anything like that. I was able to get through without getting bogged down when I last tested it, though I always took casualties. I'd suggest being very aggressive and get to the bottom as fast as possible. Were you playing at the hardest level? It's possible it is too hard, I tested with medium.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

in Heavens Gate, after the orc leader has seen the flaming arrows, I am struggling. Eventually he dies (naturally) and I lose. what is the final objective? I thought that you were only suppose to kill as many as possible....?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

You saw the flaming arrow dialogue but still lose? That's not supposed to happen. If you could post a save-game of that (not a replay), I'll try to fix it. In the mean-time, before the orc dies, it should be safe to skip to the next scenario by typing
:debug
:n

Such debug commands are not always safe to use, but in this case I think it's OK.
------------------
As you can tell, there are still some bugs in this campaign. There's only so much testing I can do. Thanks for letting me know of the problems you find.
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

On the next tick you'll get the flaming arrow. i've played up to 3 more rounds and still i lose when the orc leader dies.
Attachments
BMR3-Heavens_Gate-Auto-Save13.gz
(79.04 KiB) Downloaded 550 times
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

bug in All Dreams Die:

if you place Reanna in 64,29 prior to placing belleros on 64,30, you lose the game (since someone else will then occupy 64,29......)

Anyway, I guess this is a bug.
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

i've got the game crashing in round 32, same scenario. Crashes Wesnoth. version 1.9.3
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Once upon a time, this scenario did work... Could you post a save-game from before the crash?
Thanks.
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

this one should do it.
Attachments
BMR3-All_Dreams_Die_-_II_Turn_32.gz
(94.98 KiB) Downloaded 536 times