Conquest 2.0 - on 1.8 server

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lich_Lord

Re: Conquest 2.0 - on 1.8 server

Post by Lich_Lord »

Yeah, I don't really think I'd be a big fan of using leaders anyways, but somebody like Gwledig might want to give it a try, so I was just posting a possible addition, maybe to be used in conquest +.
Amangon

Post by Amangon »

Hi I just got back ;-)
I dont think ffa would be that much luck based (exept we play cap ofcause), since you can allways win
no matter what your spawn is (or at least get a draw).
In my eyes the problem consists more of leaver (they usualy kill the game) and maybe a bit in the fact that people migth hold grudges, if they have no chancse of advancing anymore, and try to kill people(I dotn mean things like attacking someone in turn 1 knowing you will lose(if you have other chancses))/the game (there its based on how we do things)
but we should postpone ffa for now since it holds much more problems (it takes more time, the enemy composition matters etc.)

Amangon

PS: regarding the leader idea:
I afraid it will end in a few leaders being only choosen since they are significant more usefull and I dont think we have the need for those leaders anyway (I mean what new strategys would it create?)
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Been a bit busy lately with life sh*it and so forth
I also like the idea of a tournament, question is does it get its own special game mode or can we just go do it with the existing game?
Maintainer of Conquest (Original Gameplay), Conquest+, Conquest+ Space/Ranged, Chaoz Battle of the Wizards, Lazersquad (squad game), WesCraft (building MP game)
Hiebe

Post by Hiebe »

refering to miy last post

with the symetrical maps you have similar spawn and bonuses with say for example a big annd small bonus near by where you can choose either one to expand in
wtf_is_this

Post by wtf_is_this »

My big exerience in conquest 'tels' me that a symetrical map is realy a bad idea.Its too easy geting boring,it dont gives many diferent posibilities and Ai is realy more important.Conclusion:simetrical map is realy not the map which should be used in any tournament or game if u want balance and pleasure :).
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

Hiebe meant a symmetrical map + symmetrical AI.

Guys, if more balanced games are so important for you, then I can change the capitol AI spawn so that it is balanced.
But you must help and transform all Conq Minus maps to the Scenario file format version 2 :P
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
wtf_is_this

Post by wtf_is_this »

If ai is one and same and map too,we ned and the spawn to be symethrick.This will be so boring.The symethrical ai isnt a good idea and if u want ai to be not a problem just play one standart game :).Something like 3v3 standart-this is a clasick.And let us have fun with capitol :).Nobody said capitol is fully balanced,but wesnoth and conquest are having and a luck component,which makes them bete rthen some other games :).Please slow if u make big changes o nconquest minus,there wont be a normal conquest anymore and i should play with towers adn hiden units in houses and forest (rofl) (rofl)
Hiebe

Post by Hiebe »

oh well we should still have our little conquest turny go on
SlowThinker

Conquest awalafar

Post by SlowThinker »

Ashe wrote:hey someone find the bugs in awalafar??
i corrected some bugs but it still dont work
here is the half fixed one:
(it still dont work)
I took the map here and the cfg file here

I fixed two problems:
- the .cfg file was in the rtf format in place of the pure text format.
- wrong spelling of the map file

The attached scenario opens with Conquest Minus now.
But it requires a lot work before it becomes a good map.
Attachments
awalafar.zip
for Conquest Minus 3.0 and above
(4.92 KiB) Downloaded 478 times
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
wtf_is_this

Post by wtf_is_this »

Hmmm... i asked before for the map that slowthinker made-Lotr 1v1 version.In the packs of wesnoth i founded only conquest arcadia(the big lotr map) and it was with gwledig's units.Is there any chance the normal 1v1 lotr to be i nthe conq minus or it i shall download it from the forum again???
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

It will be never in Conquest Minus with the original names.
It may be added in near future, but with changed names.

BTW to Conquest Minus thread I added a list of alternate maps available for a download.
wtf_is_this

Post by wtf_is_this »

Yeah isaw the map-links u posted,Slow.ANd about lotr map i know it wont be aded with same names,i just liked the map not that its called lord of the rings :).However there many other nice maps to play + the teleport ones that are a new thing that i like
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

Conquest- Surdmark is 32th among most popular MP scenarios ...
WSRSW - #50 most played MP scenarios
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

Mabuse renamed "standard mode " to "all village mode". I think this was a good idea and I want to apply this change to Conquest- too ...
But is this the correct spelling? My english is really basic only, but this spelling seems a bit suspicious to me, I would expect rather "all villages mode"(?)
wtf_is_this

Post by wtf_is_this »

Yeah i think u are right slow.We talked for the tourney and i think i can organise such event.I just want all players that want to play in it,to write it here i nthis forum thread.And please ask all your conq-players to come and sign for it,cos i m not sure if we will have at least 8 or 16 players,as i want for the tourney.It will be 1v1 but if more of the players want it i dont mind team one too.