Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Re: Aragwaith art thread

Post by wayfarer »

Could you give some more details? Which parts exactly, head or body? The body one should be just hanging down an the sides (and under) of the unit and is fittet by some straps over the whole body.
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

wayfarer wrote:Could you give some more details? Which parts exactly, head or body? The body one should be just hanging down an the sides (and under) of the unit and is fittet by some straps over the whole body.
The head.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Christmas package incoming. Master fixed and animated.
Last progress for this year. :mrgreen:

Have a nice time
Attachments
Master.zip
(95.46 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

The finished longswordsman has a slight TC glitch. (with reference to the 'wesnoth-rcx' tool).
By the way, The master and rider graphics are looking awesome.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Thx but yeah totally messed up the TC. Not fixed yet.

So temporary the Lancer.

To be honest I prefer horses in my sausages. I don't like to draw them and I am fairly happy that this one is off my list. Of course I will rework them until the new horses are ready, but for now all lvl 1s and 2s. :mrgreen:
Small celebration please.

As a small break from just reworking new sprites and to relax something more new.

A small Work in progress. An Aragwaith hero, for campaign uses only and as a small goodie for the UMC developers out there. He shall never be used for actual faction balance but perhabs he might find some place in a campaign. last touch ups and a Lvl 3 might be coming soon (TM).
Attachments
lancer.zip
(42.98 KiB) Downloaded 271 times

-Ghost Fields
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

wayfarer wrote:Thx but yeah totally messed up the TC. Not fixed yet.

So temporary the Lancer.

To be honest I prefer horses in my sausages. I don't like to draw them and I am fairly happy that this one is off my list. Of course I will rework them until the new horses are ready, but for now all lvl 1s and 2s. :mrgreen:
Small celebration please.

As a small break from just reworking new sprites and to relax something more new.

A small Work in progress. An Aragwaith hero, for campaign uses only and as a small goodie for the UMC developers out there. He shall never be used for actual faction balance but perhabs he might find some place in a campaign. last touch ups and a Lvl 3 might be coming soon (TM).
I don't see the lancer's face, is it intentional?
And thank you for the hero!!! Could you post the backgroundless version please?
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Well when he is done. He still needs some smaller touch ups and yes the lancer is intentional. I don't like him much myself but since the whole horse stuff will change sooner or later I'm not so thrilled anyways to put too much time into it.

-Ghost Fields
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

There are female versions for the scouts lines? I was coding away at the male ones.
The hero looks great but he does look old with the white-grey hair.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:There are female versions for the scouts lines? I was coding away at the male ones.
The hero looks great but he does look old with the white-grey hair.
Read the thread.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Slow down guys I need various attempts to hit the mark.
I wasn't entirely happy with the firs draft anyways.

On a side note you are now allowed to quess which kind of movies I watched lately.
(Shading might still need some touch ups but I think I got the mark here)

-Ghost Fields
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

Japanese chinese movies (kung-fu movies?) :p

They are nice stress relieves (at least for me), also I'm always falling for those nice straw hats (conical?) I even own a pair.

Even tought I know the unit isn't completed as you said (first draft?) I should advise for a wider waist? (at the moment it gives an impression of wasp waist).

I like the garment of choosing (even tought I'm not sure I phrased it correctly). :)
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
em3

Post by em3 »

Wuxia, definetly. Or some cheesy anime ;).

I truly love this sprite.
ride on shooting star
SouthernOracle

Post by SouthernOracle »

My guess is "Big Trouble in Little China".. Either way, that guy looks dangerous :shock:
Tet

Post by Tet »

Hi please continue this rice hat. I was asking for help on rice hats last year but did not get anything helpfull.
My Temple Project: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29800
This is "must-play" campaign! Don´t read the thread, unless you need help. http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31895
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Yeah it was an eastern actual if I recall right it was called Dororo. Quite entertaining with a minimum of kitsch all the newer ones tend to have.

ImageImage

Finally found time to fix some stuff, actual I didn't do much here.
So still room for improvement.

@Tet if no one complains the rice hat will stay.

-Ghost Fields