[mainline] great mages....

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
CoolDude

[mainline] great mages....

Post by CoolDude »

its just a generic idea,but i thinking about great mages use thunder instead of fireballs.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: great mages....

Post by Iris »

It’d not add anything to the game unless you significantly changed the attack strength, which isn’t really going to happen in mainline.

Besides, it’s cool as a character trait.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
CoolDude

Post by CoolDude »

shadowmaster wrote:It’d not add anything to the game unless you significantly changed the attack strength, which isn’t really going to happen in mainline.

i dont mean change the attack strengt.just make the visual cooler.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

CoolDude wrote:
shadowmaster wrote:It’d not add anything to the game unless you significantly changed the attack strength, which isn’t really going to happen in mainline.

i dont mean change the attack strengt.just make the visual cooler.
Right. But, as Shadowmaster points out, "cool lightning" is one of the Delfador's defining character traits. If you gave the same feature to all great mages, he would no longer stand out.

Of course, you're welcome to create a new campaign with a mage who uses magic, or even edit your game files to make all great mages use Delfador's lightning effects. The latter wouldn't be too hard with basic WML skills, though I'd recommend keeping a copy of the unit files, because you'd be risking out-of-sync issues in multiplayer.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Re: [mainline] great mages....

Post by thespaceinvader »

You shouldn't get OOS if you only edit the images and animation WML. Only if you change the attack name or details.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.