which is the best lvl 0 unit in you opnion

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

CoolDude

which is the best lvl 0 unit in you opnion

Post by CoolDude »

im just asking this....because they very good but very underrated.

some lvl 0 units:

peasent
woodman
goblin
mudcrawler
walking corpse.
Crushmaster

Re: which is the best lvl 0 unit in you opnion

Post by Crushmaster »

Well, being I'm a loyalist only guy, I would naturally say peasant/woodsman. And, actually, that may be somewhat true, but they're not available for recruiting in MP. Those are my two favorites, I guess; specifically, peasant.

In terms of game-power: Turuk and TSI did (in the past - like over a year ago) a goblin versus walking corpse MP match, and the walking corpses won.

Happy New Year! :)
In Christ,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Objectively, WCs are likely to win over virtually any other level 0 unit, because they're self-replicating - you have not only to kill them but to prevent them from raising your own units again. But in the long term, Peasants, probably, they simply have the most levelling options.

I also have a place for mudcrawlers, mainly because they're a unit I drew and animated =D
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
hhyloc
Translator

Post by hhyloc »

Walking Corpse obviously 8) . But I also like the Ruffian with their low cost and XP requirement, they can also level into Footpad which is my second most favorite unit (even with their nerfed attack since 1.9).
R.I.P
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

Not considering their advancement and fielding against opponents tougher than lv 0 I'd say:
goblin or woodsman

Goblins i've found to be typically dangerous, having relatively high attack, almost like a spearman. Though not a real threat they are capable of causing some nasty damage before a regular strike team comes
Woodsmen in turn have some nice defences, and only a little weaker ranged attack than the goblins melee

it was a really tough surprise on that survival match to see how many holes my units ended up with after disposing of a few goblins blocking the way to the main problem
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Goblins.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Mudcrawlers would win by far in any matchup of level 0's. Thus, they're my favorite.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Yes definitely mudcrawlers when their new art gets done.
What? I can pick my favorite unit based solely based on art.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Walking Corpses all the way. And I say this because Cookie killed my orcs in Freelands using mostly DAs and WCs creating a rather odd Zombie Apocalypse scenario with them.

(It's also fun to build armies of customized WCs.)
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
tyler

Post by tyler »

Meh, I think the question is similar to: "Which is the best unit?"

It depends on what you're using the level zero units for really. Goblins can really put the hurt on drakes and horses at night, which is something WCs simply can't do on their own.

In a stand alone 'level zero fight,' I would have to say that WCs would win because of reasons already stated. (self-replicating)
cookie

Post by cookie »

I would have to say WC's (zombies).
Their so cute too and they reproduce themselves which is a win :)
Bye says the cookie.
UK1

Post by UK1 »

I am shocked, shocked! to discover that there is gambling here! Okay, I'm just shocked to discover that nobody's mentioned bats. I mean perhaps in a level zero vs level zero brawl the WC dominates, but tactically the bats are, I think, the best level zero unit. Or... at least... they were... in 1.8 and before... That is to say until the ahem hurrmm ahem HMM ahum hurm hm *cough* HEM made into a Feral Flying Fail.
"Hey you, bats should be nerfed."
"Why?"
"Because I lost a game to bat swarm and I'm bitterUhm... clarity... and... consistency? Yeah yeah that sounds good. Clarity and consistency."
Do not. Nerf. The bat.
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

ZOMG you're right! we totally forgot those pesky little blighters and their 'always 60% def that rng reads as 90%'!
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

UK1 wrote:tactically the bats are, I think, the best level zero unit. Or... at least... they were... in 1.8 and before... That is to say until the ahem hurrmm ahem HMM ahum hurm hm *cough* HEM made into a Feral Flying Fail.
Uh.
What?

They had 40% in villages before Feral, it's just that you didn't notice until then. :eng:
In fact, as far back as 1.6, they had 40% in villages.

Me? I think that good ol' Ruffians are the best. Why?
They level into the awesome Thug and the awesome Footpad after just...5 kills! :lol2:
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

I haven't played campaign much, so level 0 units I know of are goblin, walking corpse and vampire bat.

It's hard to say which is best, they all have different purpose when mixed in army.

Bats one of the best scouts in the game.
Walking corpse: making more zombies is always nice :)
Goblins: Great against loyalist, sometimes good vs the undead and drakes.
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.