Ladder Question.

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Requna

Ladder Question.

Post by Requna »

Good afternoon fellow BFW Contestants. I have the urge to play a lot of what you might call "Normal" games. I want, in short, to be a part of the competitive environment, alas I cannot. There's not really a lot of those so called "normal" games whenever I log on, and when there are, they're usually with players that either leave mid-game or plain dull.
Now, this bring me to my question: I've heard of this ELO-based ladder for BFW, but I cannot find it anywhere. Searches on Google and your fora all proved futile for me. Sure, I found a lot of discussions about bugs and ideas, but nothing on how I could be a part of this. I suppose it works a bit like ICCUP did for SC BW, but then again, I really have no idea.
So I ask of you, could you please guide me in the direction of how this should be possible for me. Any add-on I have to download? Is it implemented in the game already, but I'm too narrow minded to actually see it?
About the topic, I had no idea where I should put it. Therefore, moderators, please feel free to move it to any appropriate forum.
Also, I am sorry if this has been mentioned many times before, but as stated earlier, I havn''t been able to find anything on the matter.

Thanks for taking your time and for any upcoming ideas there may be, they shall be greatly appreciated as I'm quite a big fan of this game.

Cheers:
-Req
Not the beard!
Requna

Re: Ladder Question.

Post by Requna »

Alright, irony does seem to have a fair deal of humour.. Seems like I found the place to go as I was reading some random topic about replays.
Is this: http://ladder.subversiva.org/join.php where I have to go? It seems very authentic.
Not the beard!
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

The first result for "wesnoth ladder" in google is the correct page: http://ladder.subversiva.org/
I think everything you need you'll find in that page's FAQs: http://ladder.subversiva.org/faq.php
Of course anyone can tell you everything what's said there, but I think it should be enough information there ;)

Please be aware that the ladder isn't official part of Wesnoth.

Crend

EDIT:
You've been too fast :P
Yes, it is
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Requna

Post by Requna »

thank you. Yes, the "Subversiva" part confused me greatly :P.. Alright, I shall bother you no longer. :)
Good day everyone
-Req

(ps: feel free to remove this topic if you feel like it)
Not the beard!
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

I hope you enjoy laddering :)
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
Requna

Post by Requna »

Hello, oh yes I do indeed. This game is amazing. Btw, I saw some of your videos about BFW Huumy :) you sound very soothing :D..
-Req
Not the beard!
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Happy laddering! And I do hope you'll keep dropping by the forums whenever you need more info or want to chat Wesnoth.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry