Conquest 2.0 - on 1.8 server

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lich_Lord

Re: Bugs

Post by Lich_Lord »

SlowThinker wrote:
My Wesnoth crashes when I try to recruit a Khalifa unit.
I think the problem is not that people require the conquest add-on to play, but that they need the Ageless Era, since the Kalifa are from Ageless.
Zbyll

Re: Conquest 2.0 - on 1.8 server

Post by Zbyll »

After several matches (only Capital) i made many changes to balance map more.
Download:
PolandConq104.zip
Conquest Poland ver.1.04.
(5.18 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
SlowThinker

Re: Bugs

Post by SlowThinker »

Lich_Lord wrote:
SlowThinker wrote: My Wesnoth crashes when I try to recruit a Khalifa unit.
I think the problem is not that people require the conquest add-on to play, but that they need the Ageless Era, since the Kalifa are from Ageless.
It looks you are right: I installed Ageless and it works.
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
wtf_is_this

Post by wtf_is_this »

I stil didnt understood where comes OOS and its not only on wesnoth map.Ithink it apeared on far east twice.Btw i couldnt understand what LICH_LORD means by'someone can like u wtf_is_this':P:P:P
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

wtf_is_this, can you send your save, so that the OOS is documented?
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

Lich_Lord wrote:Fixed a slight bug that caused people to not receive a bonus from Fangmar, in the Samrock map.
You confused me... I see the bug is in the 24th upload, and corrected in the 25th... But the version of both is same: 2.7.2a
I think you should renumber any new upload.
SlowThinker

Poland map

Post by SlowThinker »

This is a 1 vs 1 / capitol version of the Poland map (created by Zbyll).

I made only basic changes to make the map more balanced:

Bonuses were changed, central areas have lesser bonuses now.

Terrain changes:
Nowy Sacz (Podkarpaty) is an elven village
2 forest hexes at Lodz (Lodzkie) changed to flat
2 cities in Slask got an adjacent terrain with a better defense (hill, mountain)
the southern mountains are impassable
Attachments
Poland_1vs1_105.zip
(5.3 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
Last edited by SlowThinker on October 27th, 2010, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jinnaraka

Post by Jinnaraka »

hi guys, I am making a best conquest map. it is in the add-on server 1.8. the name of the add-on is "The best conquest" the version so far is "1.0.0.7" now. I am constantly fixing it, adding more ideas, and all. Hope more players can give me more good comment, so I can make it even better.

The attached file is just the map and the scenarios file.
Attachments
The Best Conquest v.1.0.0.7.zip
(8.17 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
Legendary Thief (single player (Intermediated level, 20 scenarios) campaign; author)
Various Multiplayer scenarios modifier
wtf_is_this

Post by wtf_is_this »

Best conquest map?WTF?This map sux(how can 4 houses to be 7 gold bonus and 5 to be 8 bonus)and so much increased bonus.+U r a total noob after our last game(i was geting 100+income in 1 turn ugot 70 i got and more army but u said i lose this if i leave).Only good of the map is the Changed colours of evry region but EVRYTHING else sux.The map left 10 or more free vilages to u and only 1 to me in our game and i still won(see what unbalance is this),If u donttrust me ask Bersekerjaguar to confirm this(he observed a part of the game).

Btw ty for the map slowthinker,i m starting playing it now.
SlowThinker

The best conquest

Post by SlowThinker »

Jinnaraka wrote:hi guys, I am making a best conquest map.
I think the map is interesting, at least it is different with those more distant villages.

I suggest:
  • to change the name (I agree with wtf_is_this in this point)
  • to remove objects from the ground, they rather disturb a player's concentration (especially the bonfires in a fog)
  • a map balance is always a hard problem to solve
Gwledig

8 player conquest etc.

Post by Gwledig »

Hi folks, I think I tired adding a post here but think it got removed as there was a similar message in multiplayer development....

You may have seen my conquest maps in the addon server, (wales, faeire, desert realms and drakes - the last one is a bit daft and needs replacing..)

There are 2 new features I'm playing with, super bonuses (in the desert map) and 8 player, obviously some maps will be less suited for 8, so right now I'm just testing to see how it works out.

I have updated the utils.cfg to support 8 players (obviously the bonus calculator in the scenario cfg also needed a few extra lines), see the attached utils.cfg (see later posts for latest version). I think I based this on the one Slowthinker and Litch Lord were discussing with 90 vilas (even though it's called 60 vilas..) I have 8 players working, but found that 7 or 8 player had 0 starting gold, I guessed the village distribution section was allocating gold and was based on 6 players, but I didn't really understand how it worked beyond some kind of pattern. As a fix I've reduced the VARIABLE_OP GOLD -X reduction for 8 and 7 player games (it is normally -25) eg:

{VARIABLE_OP GOLD_8_1 add -15}
{VARIABLE_OP GOLD_8_2 add -15}
{VARIABLE_OP GOLD_8_3 add -14}

This results in a 8 or 7 player game allocating the normal 10 gold then +1 for later players.

So I was just looking for comments really, and if the coding is viable or if it needs properly fixing like working on

#define VILLAGES_DISTRIBUTION NUMBER_VILS
and
VILLAGES_DISTRIBUTIONSS $players_ingame

..or if anyone has any suggestion how I need to update it better.

So just sharing what I was doing on the thread, and thanks to everyone for developing Conquest

best

Gwledig
Last edited by Gwledig on October 29th, 2010, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maintainer of Conquest (Original Gameplay), Conquest+, Conquest+ Space/Ranged, Chaoz Battle of the Wizards, Lazersquad (squad game), WesCraft (building MP game)
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

There are many places where Conquest files expect 6 players. For example

in mapname.cfg
{CALCULATE_INCOME_BONUS_mapname 6}

in utils.cfg
#define GAME_OVER SIDE_NUM

I think you should search files for "6" as "whole word" and edit all occurrences.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

hi Slowthinker
yes if u look at the cfg file I attached you'll see I did that
I was just wondering if the...
#define VILLAGES_DISTRIBUTION NUMBER_VILS
and
VILLAGES_DISTRIBUTIONSS $players_ingame

I have no idea how these work

needed changing, wondering if it affects some players getting vilas... does seem to affect starting gold..
Maintainer of Conquest (Original Gameplay), Conquest+, Conquest+ Space/Ranged, Chaoz Battle of the Wizards, Lazersquad (squad game), WesCraft (building MP game)
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

VILLAGES_DISTRIBUTIONSS defines starting gold for capitol mode
VILLAGES_DISTRIBUTIONS defines starting gold for standard mode
GOLD_6_3 is gold for player 3 in a 6-player game.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

I tried adding in the GOLD_8_1 etc. exactly as it is already but caused game to fail with random errors (saying message closing tag was unclosed.. which was perfectly fine)

but any ideas how this works

{VILLAGES_DISTRIBUTIONSS $players_ingame 10 10 11 11 12 12 10 11 11 12 12 10 11 12 12 10 11 12 11 13 $lands}

currently using {VARIABLE_OP GOLD_8_1 add -15} hack to allocate gold to side 7, 8...

thx
Gwledig