League of Legends - Season 1

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Daravel

Re: League of Legends - Season 1

Post by Daravel »

I hate teemo anyway :) As long as he doesn't become overpowered, because his mushrooms are so annoying.

Taric is easy mode, he needs a nerf.

I'm liking Kat, fiddlesticks and karthus buffs, although karthus needs more. AP Ez buffs and all my champs will be considered just about right and I can melt face with them in peace.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

well given that the cd time for shrooms at lvl 6 went from 20 seconds to 50 seconds :augh:, it will probably become much less annoying.

as for taric, i don't have a problem with the reduced healing, more how they nerfed it. -20 from 240 isn't that big a deal, but -20 from 80 just chopped off 25% of his healing early game.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
cretin

Post by cretin »

i think they are allowing it so teemo can 'store' up to 3 mushrooms at a time.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

true, and the cd time does decrease as the skill levels up, its just that the only thing its really good for now is giving map awareness to your lane/the map (and those random kills everyone hates you for :whistle: ) and a 50 second cd time really seems like it would gimp that during the laning phase.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Trust us on the Teemo rework. In the original iteration he was OP as sin.
Joram

Post by Joram »

So I had a game as Amumu today. 3v3, with an allied Pantheon and Malphite, enemy Rammus, Master Yi, and Twitch.

We were stomping them pretty badly (I think it was something like 9 to 3 by the 10-15 minute mark). I had a soul shroud I know, boots of swiftness, and I think I was building a Frozen Heart. So mostly cdr and health. No AP at all.

I was pushing along bottom, not very concerned (since we were obviously playing against newbies), when Yi shows up. I ease up a trifle, when he alpha strikes in and starts hitting me. My initial elation at quite possibly getting another kill dies down as Twitch suddenly starts hitting me.

Being slowed, and with help a ways away, I just decided to stick it out and do what damage I could.

I got them both.

It's not really all that impressive given the game circumstances, but it was still surprising and immensely gratifying to me to take down two of the hardest hitters in the game. To add to the pleasure, my allies (who were rushing to my aid, too late) killed the enemy Rammus (who was rushing to their aid, too late).

I made two escapes with <50 hp left, and I think I was the primary reason we were accused of cheating. :lol2:

Ended up with the best score on my team by 4 assists over Pantheon.
The Fires of Pride 0.3, a heavily story based campaign.
On hold while I try and finish my book
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

I love Amumu; favorite Champ in the League. He can take such a beating and dish it out too.
cretin

Post by cretin »

amumu's great, but i think galio is really great too. its funny about the whole ele's tier list and people start complaining about him. anyways at one point i got caught out alone and ran the entire map back to my base being chased by nunu and kayle, they just couldnt kill me. i managed to get away and two of my allies ambushed them and killed them. got out barely with a hundred health or so. tanky mages are fun, i wonder if they may make anymore. maybe galio will be unique in that manner.

amumu+galio+nunu+morgana ^^
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

just played a match as teemo with mf, nunu, amumu, and galio as allies. it was fun but kinda sad at the same time. amumu initiated then galio and nunu walk in and ult while me and mf were attacking them the whole time. wasn't a thing they could do about it either lol.
Valinor

Post by Valinor »

Hey all, well I started playing ranked recently, my elo went up to 1300 and hovered their for a while, but now it has tanked I haven't managed to win a game for the past 12 or so. My last 2 games I almost won, but the first one we had our tank disconnect, and the second one they fed garen. We could have done it, they were 4v5 for most of the game and sona and I(as trynd) were dominating their solo gangplank at bot, top was feeding somewhat off of their tf, but they were constantly trading one of them for tf, and garen was tf's lane partner....

Point of this is, with trynd I was dominating them, until our teamwork dissolved and they started ff me. I was wondering if you guys have any tips for what to build with trynd. My usual build includes: boots, IE, phantom dancer, bloodthirster, ghostblade, and I don't usually get to the last item.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

i've never played as tryn (about to buy him though :D ). personally I would probably build the bloodthirster pretty early since it increases damage and lifesteal the more stuff you kill, and then probably a black cleaver in there somewhere. a combo I have liked a lot with ranged dps is getting bloodthirster, starks, and black cleaver. throw some armor pen runes on there and after 5 hits you are ignoring slightly over 100 armor with up to 45% lifesteal :P
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

If you want to get above the 1300's pick any OP/support champ: Taric, Janna, Sona, MF, Kogmaw, Garen etc...

Janna took me for mid 1300's to 1500. Unfortunately, it all went wrong and I'm currently at 1398, but that is the way to do it.

My main champs are: Karthus, Kat, Shen, Ezreal and Janna. But, in a ranked game I will always try and play Janna as it gives me a better chance of winning :)
chaoticwanderer

Post by chaoticwanderer »

Pentarctagon wrote:i've never played as tryn (about to buy him though :D ). personally I would probably build the bloodthirster pretty early since it increases damage and lifesteal the more stuff you kill, and then probably a black cleaver in there somewhere. a combo I have liked a lot with ranged dps is getting bloodthirster, starks, and black cleaver. throw some armor pen runes on there and after 5 hits you are ignoring slightly over 100 armor with up to 45% lifesteal :P

Actually early IE is better than BT for Trynd, since the extra crit and crit damage synergizes so well with his passive. Phantom dancers next are also great; after IE and PD, when you're at 1 hp with undying rage, you have about 100% crit chance. After that I'd prefer Stark's to BT, because of the armor pen and attack speed aura. After that Black Cleaver. But really, with Trynd, if you farm well for like 30 minutes and maybe get a kill or two and have most of you build completed, you can massacre everyone. He's the only champ that can take on up to 3 champs at once and win.

He's not really seen in higher ranked matches though, because by the time he can super-carry, the match is usually over. Although he is getting some small buffs next patch for his bloodlust.
The RNG helps those who help themselves.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

yeah, forgot about his passive :oops:
looks like it's time to try a variant of my old tristana build :whistle:

edit-I like him a lot actually, but he really isn't a strong laner. however, he can regen his own health, so would jungle tryn work well you think?
chaoticwanderer

Post by chaoticwanderer »

Pentarctagon wrote:yeah, forgot about his passive :oops:
looks like it's time to try a variant of my old tristana build :whistle:

edit-I like him a lot actually, but he really isn't a strong laner. however, he can regen his own health, so would jungle tryn work well you think?
With the upcoming patch maybe; His changes include reducing spinning slash's cooldown by 1 second and boosting its range, and increasing the damage per stack of bloodlust (3 to 5) and reducing its cooldown by 2 seconds. With the right skill order and items he might be able to do it. Also he might need crit chance and maybe some crit damage runes too.

It might work because he gets BL stacks per kill (which you'll get plenty of in the jungle) and they can be consumed for health. It'll still be hard though because he doesn't have an easy farming tool like say Olaf's axe. Still, if Yi can jungle Trynd might be able to do it as well. You'll have to experiment though.
The RNG helps those who help themselves.