To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: To Lands Unknown

Post by IPS »

I have an error when I try to download this add on in 1.9.1. The download starts but never advances (always keep in 0%) and I can't do nothing in the wesnoth and then I must use the "work administrator of windows" to kick wesnoth 1.9.1 and it says "wesnoth 1.9.1 no responde" (in english this mean "wesnoth 1.9.1 no esponds"

So I will wait the next version =(
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

I'm playing this in 1.8.4, all I can say is that it is completely awesome. The multi-hex art is completely unique and incredible, and I love the units (have never played era of magic before this)!

I could have died laughing when the saurian got clubbed across the screen :wink:

No errors so far, which I think is great for a campaign just recently posted on the add-on server.

EDIT: Major error - playing third scenario with orcs/cyclops vs lizards with me thrown in.

Game crashed during saurian/lizard/wyvern turn... just shut off unexplainably.

Stderr.txt says:
20101003 17:49:43 error config: Invalid alignment found for I8 fake_wave1: ''
could not make neutral surface...
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Feufochmar wrote:r46890 is a version build from the svn repository. This version (date : Sun Oct 3 11:19:22 2010) is more up to date than the 1.9.1.
Thanks, I don't use svn repository :P
IPS wrote:I have an error when I try to download this add on in 1.9.1. The download starts but never advances (always keep in 0%) and I can't do nothing in the wesnoth and then I must use the "work administrator of windows" to kick wesnoth 1.9.1 and it says "wesnoth 1.9.1 no responde" (in english this mean "wesnoth 1.9.1 no esponds"

So I will wait the next version
You don't have to. You can download this campaign via add-ons web interface here:
http://addons.wesnoth.org/1.9/
bigkahuna wrote:Major error - playing third scenario with orcs/cyclops vs lizards with me thrown in.

Something like this can happen in many different moments. Restart the scenario and tell me, if it works.

And thanks for all positive comments. They give me motivation for work. :)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

inferno8 wrote:Something like this can happen in many different moments.
Not to dishearten you or anything, but if the game crashes every now and then, there's a major problem with your code. :hmm:
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

I understand. I played my campaign 5 times on 1.8.1 and the game sometimes crushed after playing some scenarios. In my opinion it was caused by memory limitations of my pc (huge terrain images consume RAM) and the game itself (I'm not a developer, these are only my thoughts). There is nothing in my campaign's code, that would be able to cause this kind of error. When it happens, I restart my game, load autosave and everything gets back to normal.
Creator of Era of Magic

sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

At last, after multiple friggin' 'remote host disconnected' errors, I've succeded downloading the campaign!
So far, it's great, but:
  • It seems that my proof-reading wasn't completely implemented in scenario 1.
  • Sceanrio 2 (the one where you run from the DBA) is bugged: the second wave didn't appear (I debug'd past it).
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

sur.nhm wrote:Sceanrio 2 (the one where you run from the DBA) is bugged: the second wave didn't appear (I debug'd past it).
1.9 or 1.8?
Creator of Era of Magic

bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

I am (still) playing Wesnoth 1.8 on this (I downloaded from main link at top of the first page).
Spoiler:
This is impossible to avoid unless you know beforehand the outcome.

Besides that, this campaign is incredibly amazing. Just finished that third scenario :) Loved how you got so much gold that it was foolproof to win after you finished the first part of the scenario.

You really need to teach us all your terrain secret :wink:
It looks absolutely stunning (compared to normal wesnoth, of course. Can't expect you to compete with more advanced graphics systems :) )

EDIT: After the fire valley scenario, it says, "...the leader of Tar-Tabar, had been reported missing. The issue was wArrying" Turn that "a" into an "o" :)

EDIT2: At beginning of "Gates to the Past" : "I remeber how they teached us" - really bad grammar. Should be: "I remember how they taught us" and then, "For 500 years they lived here and discovered Abyss" should be "the Abyss" --- "catacumbs" should be "catacombs" (two instances). "400 have passed..." should be "400 years have passed".

"noone" should be "no-one" or "nobody"... picky thing there

"Pepole say that, ancient vaults are full of forgotten articacts" - Remove the comma, "pepole" should be "people", "articacts" should be "artifacts"

"it's time to check, if the rumours are true or not" - remove comma

"We should better watch our's steps" - should be "We had better watch our steps" or "We should watch our steps better" or the like.

In the cave- another "noone" should be "no-one" or "nobody"
"Nevertheless we should make a throughout search" should be "thorough"
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
Blastroix

Post by Blastroix »

Hey, i have a query. Which era do you need for this campaign. I downloaded this campaign and all its dependancies, but then when i tried to run it, it couldn't find SummonerIII or something like that. I have ageless era, and path of summoners era, but it still doesn't work. From all the talk in this thread it seems like this will be an awesome campaign, but i just can't play it. Thanks for the help
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Blastroix wrote:Which era do you need for this campaign.
You need the latest version of Era of Magic to play the campaign.
bigkahuna wrote:This is impossible to avoid unless you know beforehand the outcome.
This is a battle. It is hard to predict units' behavior. Nevertheless I will try to move archers somewhere else. This should help.
bigkahuna wrote:It looks absolutely stunning (compared to normal wesnoth, of course. Can't expect you to compete with more advanced graphics systems :) )
I wanted to show the full potential of this beautiful game. Creators of Battle for Wesnoth have made a great work. I just proved how great it is.

As for grammar mistakes and typos: I am going to release new version as soon as all of them are reported.
Creator of Era of Magic

sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

inferno8 wrote:
sur.nhm wrote:Sceanrio 2 (the one where you run from the DBA) is bugged: the second wave didn't appear (I debug'd past it).
1.9 or 1.8?
1.9.1 on Xubuntu. Wesnoth said something about Lua errors, I think.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

The campaign wasn't designed for 1.9. I am working on this.
Creator of Era of Magic

Max

Post by Max »

this campaign is really unique. well done...
if you need a replay for scenario 2 on 1.9 just let me know.
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

inferno8 wrote:The campaign wasn't designed for 1.9. I am working on this.
Scenario 3 (Southern Lands) had the same problem (Lua errors) that prevented the victory event from firing (I :debug :n'd it), but if you're working on it, I'll say no more.
IPS

Post by IPS »

bigkahuna wrote: EDIT: Major error - playing third scenario with orcs/cyclops vs lizards with me thrown in.

Stderr.txt says:
I havent see this error using the wesnoth 1.8.3.

Im playing in the hardest level and it sometimes likes to easy ... (3rd mision was hard in the first try, but in the 2nd when I reached the saurian of that chest I got 1000 of gold and was easy to win :whistle: )

I have not knew the trees are holy for the Blood Aliance :o
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide