IPS's Art Gallery (working in a new stuff)

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
IPS

IPS's Art Gallery (working in a new stuff)

Post by IPS »

In this thread I will put the unit's familly tree of each unit..

I have done this tree, at the momment I have other separated units.

Enchanted dagger's tree

Last edited by IPS on February 17th, 2011, 1:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
SFault

Re: IPS's future era (Era of Fantasy)

Post by SFault »

Is enchanted dagger lvl1 and the rest of them on higher level? If so, then they really need some work to make it clearer that they are on higher level. Enchanted dagger seems to be on same or even higher level than the Possessed dagger man.
segmentation fault
EBfW, GtR, Art, Old art
IPS

Re: IPS's future era (Era of Fantasy)

Post by IPS »

Maybe, I will see if with other head I can do to it more like a lv1 unit.

I did made before the units of this familly tree, but I did have posted that first.

Doncel's Familly tree

I like to do this misstake in lv1 units, but fixing the doncel is not that hard, only I need to put him a shorter sword :)
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Leid

Re: IPS's Art Gallery

Post by Leid »

I think that the Doncel, the Knight and the Golden Knight should have the shield closer to their body. :wink:
The creator of "City Defense", a 2P survival on the add-ons list.

Visite my Art Gallery!
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30931
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

nice.

I agree on the sields though, if you want to keep them high put some kind of arm in, not just a shield which could be floating, if you want them lower you will probalby still need an arm. The Champion you can easilly get away with, but the others would benifit by some attention being paid to the shield and shield arm.

Otherwise, you are doing great, keep it up.
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
IPS

Post by IPS »

I ended this archer. Is one of my favorite sprites.

IPS

Post by IPS »

Image Image

Look my fusiliers, I did much work to convert the thunderstick from the thunderer to the rifle of the fusilier. Like Angles change of the rifle, lengthen the ressult and minor color pixels changes. I think it was just a nice job :)

Note: Because the copie and paste of the immage them like more "fuzzy". In my archives I dont have that fuzzy immage from the upgaraded version of the fusilier.
IPS

Post by IPS »

I post finally the first Faction familly tree! Please comment for sprite dessigning and for some feedback! :)

Note: I mixed sprites of different months :whistle:. So some sprites like crappy and others like awesome :P

Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

On the whole, I'm impressed.

Your "Bombs Thrower" guys could do with some revision perhaps. That torch looks good on a wolf -raider, because it's moving fast, unless that guy is walking into a strong wind it kind doesn't look too good on him.

Also, your "Doncel" - that pose looks ok on guys with huge shields, on him, the way he stands looks like he doesn't have an arm and there is a shield on his shoulder. That shield seems too small to cover his whole arm and I don't see anything or the arm showing, also, that's not how I'd hold a small shield (but then I'm not a hardcore warrior, so don't take me seriously).

I like your work, you have managed to make frankies which don't really look like frankies (mostly), it's origial and interesting.
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
JackBarber

Post by JackBarber »

Not exactly sure if you were looking for suggestions but...
For the names of the Torcher line perhaps you could name the level two Flame Thrower.
"Do YOU know the muffin man?"
."Don't wake me if I'm dreaming."
.."Even words can drive a man to madness."
IPS

Post by IPS »

Midnight_Carnival wrote:On the whole, I'm impressed.

Your "Bombs Thrower" guys could do with some revision perhaps. That torch looks good on a wolf -raider, because it's moving fast, unless that guy is walking into a strong wind it kind doesn't look too good on him.

Also, your "Doncel" - that pose looks ok on guys with huge shields, on him, the way he stands looks like he doesn't have an arm and there is a shield on his shoulder. That shield seems too small to cover his whole arm and I don't see anything or the arm showing, also, that's not how I'd hold a small shield (but then I'm not a hardcore warrior, so don't take me seriously).

I like your work, you have managed to make frankies which don't really look like frankies (mostly), it's origial and interesting.
I will fix the Doncel's arm thing and I will see how I change the torch of the Boombs Shooter and from the Bombs Artillerymen too. Other minus modifications will happen in the Elite Heavy Crossbowman with also a better gold colors.

But I will do not edit any mounted unit at the moments because it's so very hard. To made that mounted units costs me a lot.
JackBarber wrote:Not exactly sure if you were looking for suggestions but...
For the names of the Torcher line perhaps you could name the level two Flame Thrower.
That sounds interesting too, I have named it "Quests Man" because I haven't think a better name for it :|.

I will put the new version of the faction family tree in an spoiler. I didn't do that the first time to more people see it :wink:

I have made an alternative Knight (but this makes me pensive because I don't know how I will do with the Doncel and with the Champion/Golden Knights)

This is the alternative Knight
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

apologies to your artistic pride but the new knight looks as if he was wearing a turban not a helmet and i'd rather recommend looking at the mounted fellows instead of the footknight - his line only looks like someone wanted to tear their legs apart, while all mounties except the scout look like they're gonna fall off their horses to the right in a second
also keeping their feet in such an angle to the horse is rather cruel for the animal..overally i wouldn't recommend using the near-frontal facing elements for horsemen - do notice their facing is way further to the right
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
IPS

Post by IPS »

StDrake wrote:apologies to your artistic pride but the new knight looks as if he was wearing a turban not a helmet and i'd rather recommend looking at the mounted fellows instead of the footknight - his line only looks like someone wanted to tear their legs apart, while all mounties except the scout look like they're gonna fall off their horses to the right in a second
also keeping their feet in such an angle to the horse is rather cruel for the animal..overally i wouldn't recommend using the near-frontal facing elements for horsemen - do notice their facing is way further to the right
I know, I need to change the armours and the helments of the mounted units then. I will try to use the armour of the scout in the Explorer and maybe a horseman helment.

I edited the sprite for the Doncel (fixed shield and arm things) What do you think of it?

I edited too the torch from the Booms Shooter/ Artillerymen. I made it simple, but I want to heard your opinion :)

I think the torch needs more work =/

I will do some changes in the Golden Knight too because the shield blocks much him, the shield is to near of the body too :whistle:
Fog

Post by Fog »

Do not save sprites as JPEG! This distorts the colors, and it doesn't support transparency. All of your TC will not work.
Ecce, in caelo! Est avem! Minime, est vehiculum aerem! Minime, est virum Latinum!
SFault

Post by SFault »

Every mounted unit look quite uncomfortable. Their toes are sticking to the side, when they should point forward. Also some of them are sitting on the neck area of the horse, not on the back. Finally, they have weapons in both hands. That would make it hard to control the mount.
segmentation fault
EBfW, GtR, Art, Old art