Bad Moon Rising Help thread?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kewltist

Bad Moon Rising Help thread?

Post by Kewltist »

Hello there, dis is my first post ^_^
As there are only feedback threads related to these awesome campaigns i thought maybe i'll create a topic dedicated to solving strategy problems? (not code/bug stuff)

So here's my problem:

Basically i finally got stuck in BMR vol.2 on chapter "Ruin Turn" (the one after chasing and killing hero of first vol.)
What I got there is around 350 gold, a good number of leveled Ukians and stuff and I don't see how am I supposed to get these civilians to the signpost?
I tried getting them east then south ASAP. Although they evade most of combat that took place nearby - It didn't work, they would be to late by a turn and later ran into a group of brown orcs...
Any ideas how to get past this? I'm burned out from trying different solutions :cry:
Thanks in advance!
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Bad Moon Rising Help thread?

Post by doofus-01 »

It has been awhile since I went through that scenario, so I don't have a replay, but if memory serves:

It does help to draw the southern orcs out into the snow, above the escape path. Avoiding the path completely takes too long, but sticking completely with the path will probably get the civilians killed. If you can get one of your stronger units to clog up one of the orc's camp hexes, that will lessen the number of enemies you have to fight. And if you have commandos, that will also help you use backstab on the orc leader.

Hope that helps. There may be other methods. If all else fails, there's always ":debug", though that is cheating. If you do use debug, avoid using the ":n" or ":cl" commands because that will often cause future scenarios to malfunction.
a bit off-topic:
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Kewltist

Post by Kewltist »

After trying to assasinate the leaders and failing miserably xD i noticed that the spectres that appear on battlefield make up quite good distraction for orcs when you just rush south via road. Eventually managed to make it, thanks for reminding about snow! T's certainly the greatest weapon against most beings...

Also, what does "zealous" unit perk mean? I cudnt find it anywhere in Help section and it appears on sum of dem primeval kewltists
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Kewltist wrote:Also, what does "zealous" unit perk mean? I cudnt find it anywhere in Help section and it appears on sum of dem primeval kewltists
It's mixture of strong, stupid, and loyal (not 100% sure about the loyal). I don't know why it doesn't show up in help screen, I'll look into that.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects