"cheating" at wesnoth

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hedges333

"cheating" at wesnoth

Post by hedges333 »

Using this script is especially ironic on "Descent into Darkness." You can become truly immortal! Wow. How exciting. :annoyed:

Requires perl, which should work on any Mac or Linux system. Use uncompressed saves advanced option.

Mark
Attachments
wescheat_rename_extension_to_pl.txt
(2.63 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: "cheating" at wesnoth

Post by Iris »

Why not just use :debug, :gold and :unit?

(CommandMode)
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
norbert

Post by norbert »

hedges333 wrote:Using this script is especially ironic on "Descent into Darkness."
You forgot to describe what your script does, that it changes a save file to give more gold and such. There's an even quicker way to spoil your game, hedges333. You can use the debugging commands when running in Debug Mode. For example :gold 10000 will add 10,000 gold. Don't cheat when things get rough, because your victory will be a paradox, and it's all about the "journey from being not very good to being good". It's unclear to me why you added the 'annoyed icon'. If you really are annoyed, you may want to read this thread: it is your responsibility to determine how you play the single player game.

[Edit: Okay, shadowmaster beat me to it. :wink:]
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

:|
What is this? :?
There's already tons of ways to cheat at wesnoth, I mean it's open source. You haven't discovered anything new. Anyone can edit savefiles, use debug mode, or even handicap the AI by editing scenario files.
But that takes all the fun out of it. I don't know why anyone would want to do that. :(
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Captain_Wrathbow wrote::|
What is this? :?
There's already tons of ways to cheat at wesnoth, I mean it's open source. You haven't discovered anything new. Anyone can edit savefiles, use debug mode, or even handicap the AI by editing scenario files.
But that takes all the fun out of it. I don't know why anyone would want to do that. :(
I second Wrathbow - what's the point of cheating? It usually takes all of the fun from the game...
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

norbert wrote:"journey from being not very good to being good"
Although Descent into Darkness is more about the journey from being not very good to being very, very bad
Don't go to Glowing Fish for advice, he will say both yes and no.
Captain_Wrathbow

I think that was a reference to improving at skill in the actual game, not to DiD's storyline.
TheBladeRoden

Post by TheBladeRoden »

Captain_Wrathbow wrote:I think that was a reference to improving at skill in the actual game, not to DiD's storyline.
that's the joke
Founding Father of Columbia
Captain_Wrathbow

:lol2: Lol, I didn't notice it was a joke. Meh. :P