Wesnoth Music Player (Old)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nelson

Re: Pent's ports and add-ons

Post by nelson »

In the latest version that I just downloaded from the add-on server, now 4th player cannot shop. Try again :)
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I saw the error and then edited the wrong line :annoyed: . just uploaded a fixed version, which I double checked to make sure the shop option showed for everyone.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
itota

Post by itota »

i dont know if it is appropriate to ask u update the Nosmos' survival pack in the link because no function is added and only internal codes and comments are edited.
please upload or not as u like :)

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=30618

i think this will be the final mod of Nosmos' add-on from me.
thank you for your cooperations.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

since the functionality hasn't changed, it won't be updated for the new code. however if it updates for a bugfix or something similar, then the new files will be included.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

updates for DotG:
1. weapons have been separated from their weapon specials, which now have a separate shop option to add them to their weapon (adding the special costs as much as buying the weapon). ex: originally, the spear of justice was a 7-3 firststrike attack for 22 gold. now it costs 22 gold to buy the spear of justice, and 22 gold to add the weapon special to it. This does NOT mean that you can mix and match specials, each special will only be applied to the weapon it was originally part of.
2. weapons will only show up if you have not bought them already. weapon specials will only show up if you have not bought them already and you have bought the weapon that they can be given to.
3. terrain changes now only last 4 turns (including the turn you bought it on), so if side 3 bought grassland on turn 1 the map will return to normal on turn 5 at the start of side 3's turn.
4. One team changing the terrain will not increase the cost of doing so for the other team.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Since I am currently unable to upload the add-ons that I am maintaining/created, I am posting them here until then. As always, any comments/ideas/feedback are more than welcome.

Disclaimer: I have not done any 'in-depth' testing other than to make sure that they can all load and start without making any errors in the stderr.txt and after having looked through the complete changelog I don't believe there is any reason they should not work.
Attachments
Nosmos_SurvivalPack.zip
(12.33 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
DotGCC.zip
(220.05 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
Debug_Era.zip
(18.58 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
Colosseum.zip
(10.53 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
cave_mps.zip
(658.85 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
Last edited by Pentarctagon on August 31st, 2010, 6:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
itota

Post by itota »

hi, i havent understood ur update well yet... but if possible please merge ur update and the attached file below.

what have been changed in the attached file are...
change) color of the labels on the ground.
remove) (for new players) from initial question.
add) japanese translation.
change) "Turn 27 : some villages will be removed" is changed to "Turn 27 : removes some villages" because whole sentece couldnt be shown. it was too long.
remove) one of two starting messages. players had to read starting message 2 times at the game start. now 1 time.
and some parts of code are optimized
thanks in advance.
Attachments
Nosmos_SurvivalPack.tar.bz2
(7.69 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

ok, updated with your changes/fixes :)

edit - thanks for the fix, I wouldn't have had a clue what to do with translation bugs :augh:
Last edited by Pentarctagon on August 31st, 2010, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itota

Post by itota »

hi, this is a bug fixed version based on the file u posted above.

i have fixed the error that prevented translated description from being shown correctly to players who were not the host.

please upload this instead.
thanks in advance.

(EDIT - 2010.9.1)
please use newer one.
Attachments
(NEW)please use this one.
(7.66 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
(OLD)please use newer one
(7.65 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

you can delete files from posts, not just upload them you know :P
itota

Post by itota »

Pentarctagon wrote:you can delete files from posts, not just upload them you know :P
thank you.
it is kind of u to let me know it and kind of me to let people know easily if the file has been updated or not. :wink:

by the way, i have a question and request about credit of Nosmos' Survival Pack.
1. who made the map renewal version?
there were not 3 enemy leaders but 1 leader in old version. it was a big change.
maybe the updater was grrr(or Nosmos and grrr? i am not sure ><)? if so, shouldn't grrr be given credit for map renewal rather than (or as well as) maintaining? i dont remember exactly, but i think i saw him testing it in MP server. this may be not what i should care about though.
2. "other contributions" doesnt seem to be suitalbe for credit.
could u write it concretely if possible, please? i added only 1 function there.

we know that Nosmos is the creator and u r the maintainer who ported it to 1.8(thank you!). so no objection here! :)

thanks in advance.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

itota wrote:1. who made the map renewal version?
there were not 3 enemy leaders but 1 leader in old version. it was a big change.
maybe the updater was grrr(or Nosmos and grrr? i am not sure ><)? if so, shouldn't grrr be given credit for map renewal rather than (or as well as) maintaining? i dont remember exactly, but i think i saw him testing it in MP server. this may be not what i should care about though.
I am actually not sure what you are referring to, the only thing I did was update it so that it does the same thing in 1.8/1.9 that it did in 1.6/1.7. Also, grrr hasn't contacted me at all, so I don't really know about that either :oops:
itota wrote:2. "other contributions" doesnt seem to be suitalbe for credit.
could u write it concretely if possible, please? i added only 1 function there.
of course :)
itota

Post by itota »

Pentarctagon wrote:
itota wrote:1. who made the map renewal version?
I am actually not sure what you are referring to, the only thing I did was update it so that it does the same thing in 1.8/1.9 that it did in 1.6/1.7. Also, grrr hasn't contacted me at all, so I don't really know about that either :oops:
i think u should try to know it because u r the maintainer. please ask to someone who knows well. i want grrr to be credited in proper way too so that someone who doesnt know the past will not remove his name from the credit in the future.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

itota wrote:i think u should try to know it because u r the maintainer. please ask to someone who knows well. i want grrr to be credited in proper way too so that someone who doesnt know the past will not remove his name from the credit in the future.
I am maintaining what was already on the add-on server, if it was changed before it was probably for a reason, and so honestly I really don't feel any need to know about previous versions of an add-on since they are not what I chose to maintain in the first place.

As for proper credits: grrr can be a Previous Maintainer, and you can be a Code Contributor. Besides, I plan on being here for a while longer (I created 2 add-ons and am maintaining 3 others for 1.8 as well as UMC Music for 1.9+), so someone else changing something it in the future isn't really a concern.
itota

Post by itota »

imo, below is what it should be.
Created By Nosmos
Map renewal By grrr
Enemy labels By itota
Maintainer : Pentarctagon

what do u think? isnt it easy?