Onslaught - Version 1.7.0.

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jdp

Re: Onslaught - Version 1.5.0.

Post by jdp »

Wesnoth completely crashes after the 8th turn of Evasive Maneuvers. I think there must be a bug. I haven't had this problem with any other campaigns.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Your version of wesnoth could be helpful... :)
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

jdp wrote:Wesnoth completely crashes after the 8th turn of Evasive Maneuvers. I think there must be a bug. I haven't had this problem with any other campaigns.
That's weird. :? I've played through the entire campaign...And I just played through that level.
Captain_Wrathbow wrote:Your version of wesnoth could be helpful... :)
Thanks, Wrathbow. :)

If you want to, after everything else has been done, send me the campaign (since it's fairly small) as a .zip file via PM, or post it here on the forum, and I'll take a look at it. Or, you can try downloading the Onslaught currently on the add-ons server, as it is slightly different than some of the earlier ones I uploaded (though not different in any area that would really affect EM, I don't think... :? ).

Thanks for the post.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster
jdp

Post by jdp »

The version of Wesnoth I have is 1.8.3, and the version of Onslaught is the one currently on the add-on server. I'm not sure how to send the campaign to you.
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

jdp wrote:The version of Wesnoth I have is 1.8.3, and the version of Onslaught is the one currently on the add-on server. I'm not sure how to send the campaign to you.
Hmm, that's the version (1.8.3.) I have. :hmm: Don't know why it'd be crashing...

OK, I'll download it myself and give it a look-over, since it's the one currently on the add-ons server. Thanks.
EDIT: Well, I downloaded it, and looked at EM's file. Didn't see anything wrong, though. :? Honestly, I don't know what to tell you. The only thing I can think of is that the id and name of one of my units (Robber) is different (id is 'Robber', name is 'Robbers') due to a typo. But I don't think that's it, since that unit was present in scenario two.

I'll probably try uploading version 1.6.0., a slight update, soon, once I work on the campaign some more.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
Crushmaster

Re: Onslaught - Version 1.6.0.

Post by Crushmaster »

Update: Onslaught, version 1.6.0., is now up on the add-ons server! :) Thank You, Lord. Go check it out!
In Christ,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
jdp

Post by jdp »

Thank you for uploading the new version. I tried Evasive Maneuvers again and it worked fine. I'm not sure if this is because I took a different route. Before, I was taking the route over the bridge towards the leader in the north. This time I went past the mountains.

Just a note on The Rescue. I finished this scenario 73 turns early. I'm not sure what I was doing that I wasn't supposed to do. I didn't need to go into the castle at all.
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

jdp wrote:Thank you for uploading the new version. I tried Evasive Maneuvers again and it worked fine. I'm not sure if this is because I took a different route. Before, I was taking the route over the bridge towards the leader in the north. This time I went past the mountains.
No, that shouldn't have anything to do with it. :) Glad it worked.
jdp wrote: Just a note on The Rescue. I finished this scenario 73 turns early. I'm not sure what I was doing that I wasn't supposed to do. I didn't need to go into the castle at all.
Hmm...Did you go and kill the leader in the bottom left? If so, that would explain it. :oops: Looks like my campaign's not as finished as I thought...

You didn't do anything wrong; I did...

Thanks for the comments. This was a big help.

Fixing to post version 1.6.5. up on the server, once I finish making the necessary changes.
EDIT: 1.6.5. is now up on the server.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
jdp

Re: Onslaught - Version 1.6.5.

Post by jdp »

Yes, I killed the leader at the bottom left. He came to attack me and was quite easy to kill.
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

jdp wrote:Yes, I killed the leader at the bottom left. He came to attack me and was quite easy to kill.
OK, thanks. Thought so. I added some deep water to the map, so now you can't get there from your starting point without following the trail.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
Limabean

Post by Limabean »

Decent gameplay in the first scenario, but I quickly found myself annoyed by the dialogue (especially that whole opening story, c'mon... :roll: ). I know I know, if I don't like it I shouldn't play it, and i won't. However, if you're going to make a christian campaign, please make it obvious in the description, or even the title itself. When I read the description on the add-on server and downloaded, i was expecting a regular campaign that wasn't going to try to force a religion on me.

Good luck, I hope you finish the campaign and are succesful with any other projects you might start, but I do not intend to play any of them.
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

Limabean wrote: Decent gameplay in the first scenario, but I quickly found myself annoyed by the dialogue (especially that whole opening story, c'mon... :roll: ). I know I know, if I don't like it I shouldn't play it, and i won't. However, if you're going to make a christian campaign, please make it obvious in the description, or even the title itself. When I read the description on the add-on server and downloaded, i was expecting a regular campaign that wasn't going to try to force a religion on me.

Good luck, I hope you finish the campaign and are succesful with any other projects you might start, but I do not intend to play any of them.
I can't force someone to be saved; I am simply trying to spread the Gospel of Christ. If someone is offended by Christian elements, they will be shown that this campaign contains such content within seconds of starting it, just by the opening story section speaking of the kingdom's origins.

Thank you for your comment and for the good wishes.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
jdp

Post by jdp »

I just want to clarify that I killed the leader at the bottom left of the map by going through the marsh. I may be wrong, but it seems you have added deep water to the moat to prevent the leader from being killed, but this was not the route I took.
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

jdp wrote:I just want to clarify that I killed the leader at the bottom left of the map by going through the marsh. I may be wrong, but it seems you have added deep water to the moat to prevent the leader from being killed, but this was not the route I took.
No, you're right; I added deep water around the moat. Great, I goofed again. :oops:

Thanks so much for your comments; they've been a huge help.

Fixing to upload Onslaught 1.7.0. now.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Limabean wrote:Decent gameplay in the first scenario, but I quickly found myself annoyed by the dialogue (especially that whole opening story, c'mon... :roll: ). I know I know, if I don't like it I shouldn't play it, and i won't. However, if you're going to make a christian campaign, please make it obvious in the description, or even the title itself. When I read the description on the add-on server and downloaded, i was expecting a regular campaign that wasn't going to try to force a religion on me.

Crushmaster wrote:I can't force someone to be saved; I am simply trying to spread the Gospel of Christ
I agree with Limabean. For someone like me, it feels like you try to convince us to become Christian, which can offend an atheistic player. This reaction is a bit rude, but I got the point. The whole campaign is a bit exaggerated, and it should be mentioned as a christian campaign, but for someone like me, it makes the campaign less fun.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.