Textdomain and WML

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
aaronfeld

Textdomain and WML

Post by aaronfeld »

First just wanted to make sure, WML is based off of HTML right? Or am I just coming up with something random. And I am making my first scenario/campain and I keep seeing Textdomain. I see this in more places then just WML and I have been wondering what it is. One last thing, can I change the font in my campain? That was sort of random off the top of my head but I like playing around with things like that.

Thanks
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Textdomain and WML

Post by zookeeper »

aaronfeld wrote:First just wanted to make sure, WML is based off of HTML right? Or am I just coming up with something random.
Uh, no, it's not based off of anything actually. It's an entirely custom language even though it of course has similarities with XML and the like.
aaronfeld wrote:And I am making my first scenario/campain and I keep seeing Textdomain. I see this in more places then just WML and I have been wondering what it is.
It has to do with translations. You don't need to add any of that stuff to your own add-on unless someone actually wants to translate it to another language, which is very, very unlikely unless your add-on ends up being very, very good.
aaronfeld

Post by aaronfeld »

Okay XML I remember seeing something much like WML before but could not remember what.

Thanks!
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

zookeeper wrote:It has to do with translations. You don't need to add any of that stuff to your own add-on unless someone actually wants to translate it to another language, which is very, very unlikely unless your add-on ends up being very, very good.
... or you want to do some translations yourself. (Not all campaign creators are monolingual, I heard.)

But the point remains, this is not necessary to start, you can still add it later when needed.