New Campaign: Elves and Wose: The Son of Kalenz

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

RedLTeut

Post by RedLTeut »

Deliverator wrote:Hi, I just downloaded the current version of this game for Wesnoth 1.1.10, and... the Wose Shamans have "long" and "short" attack types instead of missile and melee. Ugh. Any chance of fixing that?

Thanks.

Matt
Same for the Aragwaithians in "North bay".
There is no image for the wose sapling and the sapling is a little underpowered or too costly/needing too much xp to level.

btw.: It seems "Eleves and Woses" is not listed on the server for translations. I might feel like translating stuff ..

I used the Context Text editor to replace range=short/long with range=melee/ranged about 100 times. I tested that combat works now in one scenario. Maybe someone would like to try it.
Attachments
userdata-data-campaigns-Elves_and_Wose-units.zip
units directory
(36.92 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
RedLTeut

Post by RedLTeut »

I get an error, unknown unit-type "Elder Mage" in "visiting crelanu".

Attached was a fixed "visiting crelanu" though I have no idea whether it is fixed like intended by the author of the campaign.

Update: Crelanu appears in the following scenarios as well, so the fix was bad.
I suggest you create your own Elder_Mage.cfg file in the units directory of the campaign instead
RedLTeut

fixed images in Kalenz' ambushed

Post by RedLTeut »

I fixed the invisible elf image since they were no longer transparent therefore looking buggy. For the record, I created the imagers with Gimp: setting to RGB, adding transparency, applying Gaussian softening filter of 1px, and cutting the black parts.

The wose sapling had no image. I took the freedom of upgrading it a little as well.

As said before, the Elder wasn't there at all.

While I am at it, I gave Crelanu more money esp. on easy and normal since I see no other way for him to survive the ambush. This is optional.

Feedback is welcome, esp. from the maintainer.
Attachments
Eleves_and_Wose-images-invisible.zip
partial update to image directory
(127.85 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Wose_Sapling.cfg
place in units directory
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Elder_Mage.cfg
place in units directory
(2.24 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
Kalenz_Ambushed.cfg
place in scenarios directory
(12.34 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: New Campaign: Elves and Wose: The Son of Kalenz

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I played the campaign on easy difficulty
And I have some issues regarding this campaign:
1. The Wose Shaman should have 4 movement points.
2. The story line is good but some parts of it are weird and confusing such as Saleh's brothers going to Quenoth (which doesn't exist in the campaign timeline or present wesnoth timeline yet)
3. If the author wanted aragwaith units, he or she could use the original units and not loyalist ones.
4. The loyalists-aragwaith Fencer is too overpowered (80% defense in most terrain, you have got to be kidding me)
5. If Saleh was Kalenz's childhood friend; shouldn't he be extremely old? As Kalenz has an expanded lifespan thanks to Crelanu's potion
6. Kalenz and Cleodil should have their own portraits.
7. If "Elves and Woses" took place after "Heir to The Throne" the shouldn't Cleodil be dead?

Sorry for being such a critic, but these issues should be fixed.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
jdp

Post by jdp »

In 'Kalenz Ambushed' and 'Return to Glyn's Castle' I get a message saying there are no units to recruit. Is this intentional? I managed to get through 'Kalenz Ambushed', but 'Return to Glyn's Castle' seems impossible without being able to recruit units.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:I played the campaign on easy difficulty
And I have some issues regarding this campaign:
1. The Wose Shaman should have 4 movement points.
2. The story line is good but some parts of it are weird and confusing such as Saleh's brothers going to Quenoth (which doesn't exist in the campaign timeline or present wesnoth timeline yet)
3. If the author wanted aragwaith units, he or she could use the original units and not loyalist ones.
4. The loyalists-aragwaith Fencer is too overpowered (80% defense in most terrain, you have got to be kidding me)
5. If Saleh was Kalenz's childhood friend; shouldn't he be extremely old? As Kalenz has an expanded lifespan thanks to Crelanu's potion
6. Kalenz and Cleodil should have their own portraits.
7. If "Elves and Woses" took place after "Heir to The Throne" the shouldn't Cleodil be dead?

Sorry for being such a critic, but these issues should be fixed.
Wose Shamans have 3 MP also in Delfador's Memoirs. About all the story issues, this campaign was made back in the 1.0 times, when most of the current mainline was still add-on, or just didn't existed yet. :)
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
tommyrobust

Post by tommyrobust »

Please help! give me a strategy on how to defeat the orcs and the trolls in kalenz ambushed scenario...i have 300+ gold but not enough to defeat them even though the horsemen help me.
gilette

Post by gilette »

At the start of fifth turn in scenario "Return to Glyn's Castle" I receive an error "unknown unit type: Swordman" and then game quits. Looks like misspeling in a word "Swordsman" to me but I never developed campaign myself :)
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Yeah, the correct spelling is "Swordsman". In any case, I suspect this campaign is not maintained since ages for any Wesnoth version, so bugfixes are unlikely to come this way.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

shadowmaster wrote:Yeah, the correct spelling is "Swordsman". In any case, I suspect this campaign is not maintained since ages for any Wesnoth version, so bugfixes are unlikely to come this way.
I still don't know who updated it...
Whoever did it, this campaign still has a long way to go.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

shadowmaster wrote:In any case, I suspect this campaign is not maintained since ages for any Wesnoth version, so bugfixes are unlikely to come this way.
That campaign was latest updated on Jul 26 2010 on the 1.8 server...
LightFighter wrote:I still don't know who updated it...
... and its new maintainer is trewe (that, checking the memberlist, apparently doesn't even have a forum account).
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

gilette wrote:At the start of fifth turn in scenario "Return to Glyn's Castle" I receive an error "unknown unit type: Swordman" and then game quits. Looks like misspeling in a word "Swordsman" to me but I never developed campaign myself :)
This is your start in developing a campaign yourself. Open the cfg file with the scenario's name in a text editor and replace all words "Swordman" by "Swordsman", that should do the trick. Restart the scenario afterwards.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

If it's the first scenario, restart it. However, unless I'm very mistaken, if you change the WML in a scenario then you must finish the previous scenario to see the changes.
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

How do you get past the scenario "Kalenz ambushed"?I'm posting my start of scenario autosave.Can anyone please post a successful replay?
Attachments
EW-Kalenz_Ambushed-Auto-Save1.gz
(43.54 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
jyrierik

Post by jyrierik »

I'm having a problem with the Troll Road scenario. When I try to load it I get the message "The game map can not be loaded. Illegal character in mao : (Ha^Vcha) 'Ha^Vcha' The map can not be loaded.". Anyone have a fix for this?

Jyri