Where did you get your username from?

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Araja

Re: Where did you get your username from?

Post by Araja »

I still don't know why I chose mine. I was playing UT2004 and downloading a bunch of maps from the internet, and one of them was the Araja mountain range. A set of mountains in a tropical valley with waterfalls and ruins...I don't know why, but it stuck in my head and I used it for my Wesnoth username (among other things).
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

Homer obviously is from the ancient greek writer, J is added for Michael Jordan.

Just kidding, of course it's the Simpsons! :lol2:

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Mine comes straight from the Elvish Hunter unit that can be found in Invasion from the Unknown. I liked that unit line and just choosed it. :wink:
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
hhyloc
Translator

Post by hhyloc »

Mine is the most boring in the entire universe: 'hhyloc' stand for 'Huỳnh Yên Lộc'
Not in this forum, but I still have another username: 'lahiastoroh'. 'lahias' is the name of a elvish marksman I play in an UMC campaign (can't recall its name) long time ago when I first play BfW. 'toroh' sound a little Japan-ish, it from 'toroko' in 'Cave Story'
Last edited by hhyloc on July 10th, 2010, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I was sure someone had already taken this awesome name, so I stuck "doofus" in front of it.
Speedbrain wrote:While my username might appear somewhat arrogant, it really isn't
Actually, I thought it was a reference to meth. (I'm not saying you posted anything that would support that notion.)
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Monroid

Post by Monroid »

Monday - steroids

Nah, I saw it on Bowmaster :P
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Because I like Drakes, and my avatar is the one that looks best.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
PsychoticKittens

Post by PsychoticKittens »

back when I was like 12, and I started internet browsing I felt that I was an odd one, thusly psychotic, and being a canusphobe I much prefer felines to other animals. So I became a horde of Crazed Felines. Ahhh good times.
Creator of: Mercenaries Era; Modern Combat
Future Projects: Faunima: Land of Monsters
Temporarily Dropped Projects: Zombie Horde
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Some of you know this already (and others might have guessed it), but I came to the Wesnoth forums wanting to learn how to sprite. Hence my somewhat presumptuous (but hopefully somewhat earned by now :mrgreen: ) username.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
SkeleRanger

Post by SkeleRanger »

I've always liked Lichs and skeletons and whatnot, and I thought the "ranger" part sounded cool. It was either that or "GeekyLich." :|
'We've strayed into a zone with a high magical index... Don't ask me how. Once upon a time a really powerful magic field must have been generated here, and we're feeling the after-effects.'
'Precisely,' said a passing bush.
--Terry Pratchett
Tale of a Mage(finished)
Art for Tale of a Mage
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

I didn't know which nick to choose. Hooray for creativity! :lol2: And still, I have to idea for an avatar. I tried simply googling it, but nothing was good enough to become my avatar. Anyway, in all fps games I use "Night Prowler". It sound pretty cool and evil-ish. First nick I've ever used was iMac (not original, huh?) and then Wet Fart. And yes, I was a child back then.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Limabean

Post by Limabean »

My real name is Liam.

Liam ---> Lima ---> Limabean

I should have just left it at Lima because everyone understandably assumes 'Limabean' is a reference to the food. I do not like beans of any kind :wink:
Kalajel

Post by Kalajel »

Lack of imagination on my part; Kalajel was one of my most successful D&D character I ever played. He's a wizard/psion who hunts undead and like tall women… he likes them so much that in fact, he ended up having an 18 foot tall cloud giant as a girlfriend…
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

Hmm. My first personal name, Paul converted to its Esperanto version Paŭlo, and then converted to ASCII with the X-system (since ŭ is missing on most keyboards to type in, or maybe even the forum did not accept it).
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Mine is fairly unimaginative. When I was 7 a started playing Runescape. I simply took the first letter of my first name and my last name. I combined the two to make 'm newton' which didn't work so I added a 1. Then, over time I just lost the space and ended up with my current one.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!