Looking for 3 player teams

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kelben

Looking for 3 player teams

Post by Kelben »

Hi guys, I am used to play with a couple of friends on the official server. We have quite some fun at some stages but then we really suffer leavers and "not-up-to-the-challenge" players.

Thus I am posting here to find reliable 3 player teams who would like to have a match once in a while. We usually play around 12:00/13:00 GMT.

Do not mistake me, we lose a match once in a while but in overall, we win a lot to a point it becomes boring and we do so not because we are good individual players but just because of our team work, coordination and spirit. The 3 of us are therefore looking for teams who would like to have interesting and nice games on any 3 players map.

I could read about a ladder somewhere and the 3 of us would indeed be very interested to join... How does it work? Is the ranking automatic? Please if someone has any information about it, they will all be welcome. :)
-WAR- Wesnoth Allied Rebels
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Looking for 3 player teams

Post by Pentarctagon »

the ladder's site is here, and its basically a ranking system for players who want to play competitive 1v1 matches.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Kelben

Post by Kelben »

Okay thank you very much. 1v1 only, okay... It has a limited interest then but still, that's nice.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

I am really happy of hear about nice players looking for serious team games. Please, ask me for join your games at any moment you need fill a slot, but I am really against have teams (I mean play always with the same guys). I think that any player that understand that a game is a compromise of have enougth time to play it and have a heavy interest in play each game better than previous one, deserves be in my team. Unlucky for us, developers are against add any kind of rating or charma on lobby, so when an unkown one (like me now) says "I am a decent player", your only choice if a big act of faith.
Last edited by tekelili on June 17th, 2010, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Limabean

Post by Limabean »

sure, message me if you see me and want to play a 3v3. It's my favorite kind of game, but it's so hard to get 6 people who are really serious about finishing it.
Kelben

Post by Kelben »

Okay, which means you don't have team mates? In all case, if I see you around i'll message u yes.
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

That's a nice idea.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Kelben

Post by Kelben »

So we gathered 3 potential players and that is good.
I understand your argument tekelili and we play together because we are real life friends, that adds to the fun to actually play with people you know personally. Let us try to schedule a match sometimes this week-end or early next week :)
Icarusvogel

Post by Icarusvogel »

12-13 GMT is fine with me. Actually, I would probably enter at about 12:40. I'll see if anyone is around next time I'm in MP.
You are a Necromancer - Intelligent and powerful, yet reclusive and misunderstood, you dabble in dark arts that everyone else can only dream of.
Kelben

Post by Kelben »

Okay I'll contact my friends then. Monday sounds like an okay schedule. I will keep in touch.
Icarusvogel

Post by Icarusvogel »

Hm, if we do say Monday, I will often have to miss out, then. Monday's a long school day for me, and I'm only home at 4 o'clock GMT. Anyway, summer hols soon, so I still will be able to come quite a few times in the next few weeks.
You are a Necromancer - Intelligent and powerful, yet reclusive and misunderstood, you dabble in dark arts that everyone else can only dream of.
Kelben

Post by Kelben »

It is okay no worry, when we are in a wesnoth frenzy, we play every 2 days :wink:
Icarusvogel

Post by Icarusvogel »

Every 2? What? You sleep between games? :P

Right, I'll look out for all of you.