War of Legends [MP Era for Wesnoth 1.16/1.18]

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: Great Legend Era

Post by IPS »

That should be awesome ;)
The Bladesman is indeed an awesome unit, 8-3 blade mele is a great atack. But a calvary rush can beat them easly. I think it balance a bit the loyalist and does more useful the Calvary in the loyalist balancing ;)

I was testing the Cleric and I think its overpowered.

In day time + inspire, an Stronger Bladesman did 16-3... Reading the description of Inspire I had noted its much better than leadership because the lv1 units gets a 50% upgarade in their atack, the lv2 units gets +25% atack and the lv0 units gets +75%.

Its much better than the leadership. I think you should change it to leadership and the Cleric healing should be of only +4 if it have leadership. And decrease it hp, it haves much more hp than a white mage to heal +8 and to have inspire. I think, with that choice, Anybody will want to pick white mages... "Why I should pick a white mage if Cleric is much better, it Inspire haves hability and heals +8 too and haves more hp, Meh, the white mage is a poor comprared this"

And "Why I will pick of a leader to a lieutenant if the Cleric is much better leading units and it haves heals +8 and it haves more hp and ranged magical arcane"
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

White Mage has the "cures" ability but the Cleric doesn't. So the Cleric cannot cure poison but only slow it down.

I increased the max_experience to Cleric from 100 to 300 to reduce its overpowerment. :twisted:

And about the hitpoints thing: The Adept of Light should have a high hp advancement such as mage advances to the Redmage.

And the leadership thing concerns gender.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:The era is now on the 1.8 add-on server with no more errors, I hope.
So, where do I get this era? I see no Great Legend Era on the add-on server, only "Age of Legends Era".
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

shadowblack wrote:So, where do I get this era? I see no Great Legend Era on the add-on server, only "Age of Legends Era".
Sorry about that. :oops:
The era is currently being maintained and unit files are being revised by me for balancing.
I hope that I will be ready to upload it before the first campaign using it is on the add-on server.

And if you have "OOS" errors using this era:
Sorry because the era was mainly designed as a campaign unit database.
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

Ah, I see. Guess I'll have to postpone trying out "The Invincible Wall" until the era is available again.
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
IPS

Post by IPS »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:White Mage has the "cures" ability but the Cleric doesn't. So the Cleric cannot cure poison but only slow it down.

I increased the max_experience to Cleric from 100 to 300 to reduce its overpowerment. :twisted:

And about the hitpoints thing: The Adept of Light should have a high hp advancement such as mage advances to the Redmage.

And the leadership thing concerns gender.
wtf that is not a solution! lol

But really, could you decrease his hability of "Inspires" to leadership? and decrease his hp? decrease his power of healing to +4?
Inspires = lv3 Leadership....

And decrease it xp requirement to level up. Maybe 150 that should be sufficent (Like a unit trying to take AMLA)
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

@IPS - Here are minor adjustments in Great Legend Era version 1.4.0
Cleric- Lightbeam decreased from 7-4 to 6-4
experience increased from 100 to 160
advances only to Prophetess of Light
(Mistress of Light is made "use in campaign only")
I kept the "inspires" ability to cut down her uselessness in not able to cure poison.

Prophetess of Light- Lightbeam decreased from 10-4 to 8-4
hitpoints increased from 46 to 50

Desert star- hitpoints increased from 46 to 50

Hope your're happy with this.

Btw, there are three inspires abilities:
1. Level 1 = leadership Lvl 2
2. Level 2 = leadership Lvl 3
3. Level 3 = leadership Lvl 4
IPS

Post by IPS »

Hmmm... Cleric haves lv1 or lv2 inspires?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Cleric has:
{ABILITY_INSPIRES_LEVEL_2}
IPS

Post by IPS »

[censored], Inspires is very superior than Leadership.

So, if I play with loyalist in your era, I will play ALWAYS with the Cleric, because it haves magical arcane ranged, more hp, heals +8 and haves the same power of leadership than a General.

And, Adept of light needs more experience to level up because their upgarade is awesome.

I think, is posible to mix leadership + Inspires. So, you have a Cleric of leader, recruit a sargeant to upgarade it to a Leitenant (only 22 xp to get the lv2 in 70% xp modificator) and after, I mix Inspires + Leadership with my bladesmen to do at day 20-3?? LOL

Lets see... At day, a strong bladesmen with inspires + Leadership should do:

9(+25% by daytime, +50% because Inspires, +25% because leadership)x3 = 18-3 (more dammage than a Dwarvish Lord LOL!)

So, honestly, I think you should change their inspires (in your era) to leadership??? You also use 2 bladesmen with these 3 bonus to do 18-3 and/or 16-3 with the 2 bladesmen, and that strategy should be unstopable.

If the thing what I did calculated is true, I will send you a replay in the next post ;)
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Why do the humans lack a swimmer or flyer?
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

@Drakefriend - The faction lacks a swimmer because the faction features only human lawful units.
@IPS - I will think about increasing the adept of light's experience. How does 70xp sound?
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

I noticed that, in the folder of your era, you attached a Credits.rtf file. Here you wrote:[quote=""Lord-Knightmare, in his Credits.cfg"]Unknown contents (I forgot where I got these from)

Chevalier
Paladin Lord
(graphics)

Troll Warmonger
Troll Warlord
Troll Boulderlobber
(graphics)[/quote]Maybe I can help you with these credits: Chevalier and Paladin Lord graphics are from the campaign Love to Death, and so the author should be Geos. Troll Warmonger/Warlord are from the original authors (Eros and Mars) of The Sojournings of Grog. Troll Boulderlobber is from the era BEEM, and is used as well in TSoG. :)
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
IPS

Post by IPS »

In 70% xp modifier Adept of light should need like 50 xp to increase their level (more than a mage because Inspires is not balanced... It haves the leadership of a lv3 unit, but with other name)
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Maybe a sailor or something like that, or a soldier trained for swimming and water fights?
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.