Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wesfreak

Re: Era of Magic v0.9.2

Post by wesfreak »

Do you intend circle of exile to work only on enemy units or on ally magical units too?
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

It will work only on enemy units.
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
fog_of_gold

Post by fog_of_gold »

I just want to mention: The runemasters are still called 'ancient dwarish' in your first post.
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Nitpickiness
Circle of Exile doesn't sound good. "Circle of Banishment" sounds better.
The reason is that "exile" relates to being thrown out\running away from one's home country. Banishment, in comparison, is compulsory and not necessarily from one's home country. Because the Banisher is an anti-abyssals (Magicals, whatever) unit and the abyssals are summoned to this world (ie it isn't their home) Banishment sounds better.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Why does the Mystical Jinn's Dimensional Vortex show the units and the terrain nextd to the aim although they are not affected by it? And in fact, I think the objects near to the outer parts of a vortex would be affected stronger then objects in its center (compare a tornado) so it would rather make sense to make the vortex graphic smaller so it only contains the victim.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

fog_of_gold wrote:The runemasters are still called 'ancient dwarish' in your first post.
Fixed
sur.nhm wrote:Circle of Exile doesn't sound good. "Circle of Banishment" sounds better.
Thank you very much :)
Drakefriend wrote:Why does the Mystical Jinn's Dimensional Vortex show the units and the terrain nextd to the aim although they are not affected by it? And in fact, I think the objects near to the outer parts of a vortex would be affected stronger then objects in its center (compare a tornado) so it would rather make sense to make the vortex graphic smaller so it only contains the victim.
I'll fix it in the next version. Thanks for mentioning ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

Araja

Post by Araja »

Ugh, I should really make an announcement instead of just dropping the project without saying anything...

But yes, just in case anyone hadn't noticed I've given up on the descriptions. Sorry all, but I've lost the spark and find myself doing other things instead. I managed about a dozen units so I at least gave something back to this fun era, and it's been nice working with you. :)
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Araja wrote:But yes, just in case anyone hadn't noticed I've given up on the descriptions.
No problem, I understand. Thank you for your contribution to this project. If you decide to come back, I'll be waiting ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

AzuSkyLigh

Post by AzuSkyLigh »

As will I, of course. :)

I hope you guys continue to make progress. Sorry for my tardiness(end of classes) in the other thread, but I'll go include your final edit for the Air Elemental.
Sandermatt

Post by Sandermatt »

Do we know anything where the development of the campaign is standing now? Will there be a release of the first few levels, when they are done, or is the aim to release it when everything is complete?
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

I suggest you release everything all at once. The wait is a bit longer, but I find nothing more annoying than a campaign that's only half-done, since you need to wait more for the rest and it's tedious to restart from the beginning.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

I will release the campaign, when it is done. 10 scenarios are completed (50%).
Creator of Era of Magic

sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

inferno8 wrote:I will release the campaign, when it is done. 10 scenarios are completed (50%).
I suggest than you shorten it. 20 scenarios is incrediblly long. Besides, are those completed scenarios balanced? If not who'll balance them?
Aside from that, I offer to correct whatever grammar mistakes that happen to be in the campaign. Can't wait to play it!
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
fog_of_gold

Post by fog_of_gold »

sur.nhm wrote:
inferno8 wrote:I will release the campaign, when it is done. 10 scenarios are completed (50%).
I suggest than you shorten it. 20 scenarios is incrediblly long.
IMO, the more scenarios, the better. It isn't a good idea to to have a sudden end because we wanted to have a shorter campaign anyway.
Besides, are those completed scenarios balanced? If not who'll balance them?[...]
That's a very easy question: No, they aren't balanced and we'll do.
Inferno8 wrote:Can't wait to play it!
I can't, too.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

sur.nhm wrote:I suggest than you shorten it. 20 scenarios is incrediblly long.
I forgot to tell, that only 15 are playable (5 are dialogue only).
sur.nhm wrote:are those completed scenarios balanced? If not who'll balance them?
They are probably unbalanced, so you'll have to do the job ;)
sur.nhm wrote:I offer to correct whatever grammar mistakes that happen to be in the campaign.
I've sent you a PM.
sur.nhm wrote:Can't wait to play it!
I need one month and half to finish it, assuming that I'll work 12 hours a day. I can't tell you details, but after creating these 10 scenarios I am sure it will be the most unusual campaign of all.
Creator of Era of Magic