Wose Faction

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

boru

Re: Wose Faction

Post by boru »

Check Sojournings of Grog for a cactus wose .. actually a "cactose."
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
Phyreprooph

Post by Phyreprooph »

I'm not using the walking corpse variation of the wose because if I use it then there won't be an undead variation. =\ Also I already got permission from the creators of The Sojournings of Grog campain for the cactose. I may be adding levels to it though.
Everything is edible, some things just aren't good for you.

Current Project: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30104
Leid

Post by Leid »

Wose era seems fantastic :O
The creator of "City Defense", a 2P survival on the add-ons list.

Visite my Art Gallery!
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30931
IPS

Post by IPS »

Wose Faction is starting to be interesting.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
PainfulAC

Post by PainfulAC »

I read through the whole topic and I liked the seasonal woses, but I couldn't figure out how they would work out.
But then I cam up with a (in my opinion :wink: ) better idea. Different region woses.

Example: A pine tree wose with snow on its top. It would be a cold magic attacker who cold slow people. And then a palm tree wose could be a fire caster. This would fit in with the cactus idea as well.
joshudson

Post by joshudson »

There is a L0 Wose (Wose Sapling) waiting in TRoW for you to pick up.
CHKDSK has repaired bad sectors in CHKDSK.EXE
Phyreprooph

Post by Phyreprooph »

I already looked at the sapling but there would be no point having a sapling if you have a wose. Why on earth would you want to make a sapling rather than a wose. Just save up a little more money and ka-blamo you have a wose. =]

Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Hey, I just saw yesterday that there were two carnivorous plant sprites in the "guerilla de la selva" faction, in Ageless. They look kinda nice, you could either use them, or use them as a base you'd costumize. Thought it might interest you ;)
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
joshudson

Post by joshudson »

Because L0 units have no upkeep.
CHKDSK has repaired bad sectors in CHKDSK.EXE
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

The Wood Warriors are from BEEM.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Phyreprooph

Post by Phyreprooph »

Yeh i've got the bush wose for a L0 instead that can level up into something interesting rather than something you can just buy. =] Also after being busy for a while i've managed to put together an "elder cactose" or whatever. Don't really have a name yet, suggestions would be nice. "Elder" is sort of used up.
cactose.png
cactose.png (2.18 KiB) Viewed 4075 times
elder-cactose-wose.png
elder-cactose-wose.png (1.93 KiB) Viewed 4075 times

Monroid

Post by Monroid »

The cactose is really cool, but I'm not sure about the roots

Maybe the lv 1 Cactose could look like that first cactus over there? With no arms and all... it would still attack, with a bashing-like movement... or maybe it should be a lv 0 Cactose... :hmm:
Phyreprooph

Post by Phyreprooph »

I didn't make the cactose and personally i'm not inclined to change it and I quite like the way it looks though I did make a few changes to the elder. Bit taller, stretched upwards more and less rounded.
elder-cactose-wose.png
elder-cactose-wose.png (1.96 KiB) Viewed 4064 times

Maramros

Post by Maramros »

Woses have always been one of my favorite units. Just a question, is this still only in the planning stage or is there a beta available somewhere?

Now, my cents, however many they may turn out to be:
1. I like the idea of seasonal woses, still. They seem like they would add a nice flavor to the wose faction. Perhaps Spring is slightly faster, Summer slightly stronger, Autumn has poison or something, Winter is good on snow and has better resists?
2. I really, really don't like the idea of a burning wose. Can't really say, why, it just seems wrong to me, somehow. Also, I don't think fire is really a necessary attack. They already have impact to beat the crap out of the undead, cactose (and possibly Winter Wose?) to deal with drakes, and the rest of the factions don't really have special resistances.
3. Since Wose are fey, perhaps an arcane unit?
4. Some thoughts on units:
Wose -> Elder Wose -> Ancient Wose (normal path)
-> Sentinel Wose (steadfast) -> Guardian Wose (or rename this line Oak, Ancient Oak)
-> Raging Wose (neutral, charge) (the thought is a wose that has gone mad from the destruction it has seen happen to its forests, or something like that)

Temperamental Wose -> Autumnal Wose (neutral) -> Rotting Wose (chaotic, no regen, poison)
-> Hearty Wose (faster, slightly less damage) -> Growing Wose (even faster) (spring woses)
-> Summer Wose (slightly higher fire resist) -> Sun Wose (no fire weakness)
Pine Sapling -> Pine -> Evergreen (Winter class, high cold resist, pierce melee and cold ranged?)
Kelp (water-based, slow on land) -> Seaweed
Tumbleweed (Scout) -> Large Tumbleweed -> Enormous Tumbleweed (maybe fast, weak attacks, compared to other woses?)
Cactose -> Barrel Cactose -> Saguaro Cactose (desert rather than forest, pierce attacks)

...apparently I had quite a few ideas. Feel free to take or leave what you want. I'd love to see this actually happen. I can't code or draw, but I'd be willing to help write descriptions if you want.
Please remember, my opinion is my opinion. Please listen, but my opinion is only, and will never be more than, my opinion. It is not yours. You do not have to act on it. I'm not telling you what to do.
1000hp

Post by 1000hp »

joshudson wrote:Because L0 units have no upkeep.
Ditto.

By the way I love the idea. Are you what era are you planning on trying to get this faction into?
Multiplayer Username: JV