Wesnoth Tower Defense

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Golbeeze

Re: Wesnoth Tower Defense

Post by Golbeeze »

Indeed, there is no victory after the last wave is defeated, and I didn't sell the central tower. You should include an [endlevel] of some kind for victory so the players know they've won.
My_Own_Minion: get rid of the scientist, i can take the blind guy

Talkative: You're like the Wizard of Oz, but evil.

Add-ons in 1.8: Golbeeze's Maps, Golbeeze's RPGs, Evolving Era
Contributor to and Maintainer of Mercenaries
Kelben

Post by Kelben »

I like the concept actually, quite fun. The AI being what it is, it plays on both side... Your superb brand new caster will range shot the unit near him and not use his attack as well. There is really one thing weird though. Most of the time, the AI only moves a few units and some other just stay in place and get 2 life point... or get harm further.
-WAR- Wesnoth Allied Rebels
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I will try to get another version of this out with an actual win statement in it however school has been keeping me busy recently.

I am not at all sure what to do with the jammed movement queue, if anyone who understands how that is resolved better than I do has any suggestions I'll gladdly hear them.

I did origionally plan to have the blaster fire its ranged attack at the end of the turn however there was no suitable event name to cause that.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Kelben

Post by Kelben »

Yeah I was almost sure you would have done it already if there was any way possible... Anyway, the mod is quite interesting and fun to play Velensk. Maybe someone knows about the movement queue and probably further version of Wesnoth can solve the blaster range shooting issue. :wink:
Luke the Flaming

Post by Luke the Flaming »

I haven't tried (yet) this scenario, however... if you wish an event to happen at the end of your turn (let's say that "you" is side 1), just have it happen at the very start of the turn of the NEXT side (use [event] with name=side turn and an [if] checking if $side_number is 2 ...since Wesnoth 1.9 we'll have available name=side 2 turn that will be shorter).
O, Wind, if Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?
dragonicwarior

Post by dragonicwarior »

ummmm... the game is great and everything, brings together 2 great games... but when i was playing online with one other person we noticed all the enemy spawns came from the top left corner...
SpoOkyMagician

Post by SpoOkyMagician »

Heh i just started playing it and I can't seem to beat it yet. I remember my TD i designed and its very similar to this. (except its not a straight line like mine was. It had many problems/issues and that is why i no longer maintain/have the original version anymore.) I tried tower spamming, (decent but failed in the end.) I tried powerful towers at the start, (failed because they got though anyway and I didn't get any gold.) and I am still using the default 250 gold still. (I might try 500 gold next test and see if I can beat it.) As far as the addon goes itself, let me know if you need any assistance with it. :)

~ SpoOkyMagician

(tries 500 gold)

edit: I tried the normal towers (75g) and... nothing happened? (nothing noticeable...)

edit: now i understand... I did well with 500g but, I bet I can do better next time...

edit: I think i just misunderstood the first thing. (I think its working fine.)

edit: It's really fun. I just need to practice a bit more and I should complete this soloing. (4 players takes forever. lol)
"You don't have to understand me, I'm just there!" ~ SpoOkyMagician
Creator of: Unwelcome Guests Series, Modifiable Android Project, SpoOky's Survivals, and many more... (Most of my old stuff is gone.)
(User Page)
Kelben

Post by Kelben »

Once you know the tricks, it is okay with 250 golds. Upgrade your basic towers and start placing some (I like archers personally at first cause they have 3 shots, and 2 of these can kill most of the 2 first waves' creeps. After a good fire mage at a location where you notice most of the waves end in such a position that there a stuck to each other (e.g. not too near, not too far) also can deal a great deal of damage. I sometimes try to buy one upfront.
In the later game, cold towers are really, really great. Using ambush in some strategical places works well do deal max amount of damages with the surrounding towers. Just remember the AI try to take the shortest way to reach the castle, on the late game again, you can buy a load of basic towers to extend some paths to make sure the creeps all go into the way where your firepower is deployed.
hay207
Double Style Tourney #1 Champ

Post by hay207 »

What happened to this addon, why it stopped, i played it a few times, and it was much fun. :cry:

Can you upload the source here, thanks.
Ports: Velensk's tower defense, dov's deep shrine, Scrolling survival, Scrolling survival Co-op, Temples of the nagas.
Addons: Tower defense maps , some ANL scenarios like: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type, and ANL Co-operative map for 2p
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

I also miss this
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

To be honest, I never really finished this and I lost the code I had.

I could hunt it out of the archives but I'd probably just as soon do it over again with lessons learned from it. I don't really have the spare time/effort for that.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
hay207

Post by hay207 »

Well isn't anyone that downloaded it has the source of addon :hmm: , that's why i prefer opensource ,to continue each other's work.
Ports: Velensk's tower defense, dov's deep shrine, Scrolling survival, Scrolling survival Co-op, Temples of the nagas.
Addons: Tower defense maps , some ANL scenarios like: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type, and ANL Co-operative map for 2p
hay207

Post by hay207 »

Well some good news, i launched wesnoth 1.8.6 and found the add-on on the server.

I upload the addon from 1.8.6 and from 1.6

Edit: And Ravana told me they are here too : http://add-ons.wesnoth.org/
Attachments
Wesnoth.tar.gz
The attachment contains the addon from 2 different versions
(102.42 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Xara

Post by Xara »

I ported it to 1.12, with some deprecated codes and its playability not fully tested. If anyone is interested in further developing the add-on, he should ask Velensk for the passphrase.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
hay207

Post by hay207 »

Thanks a lot, i will glad to test it. :D

How you did it, i received SET_LABEL_PERSISTENT, so i deleted them . Then i received unknown unit type"the tower" , i thought the images are not uploaded..