Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

seb

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 4.1

Post by seb »

Not sure if it's been made entirely clear, but both the upgrade from AE Phantom Statue to AE Phantom Stone and from AE Phantom Stone to AE Phantom Armor are currently broken (Both are missing an "AE" in the "upgrade to" line).
mnewton1 wrote:Thanks.

I am back and will begin working on all of these right away.
Great! Here's me desperately awaiting the new release with all the bugfixes. :wink:
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Yay, that was made clear. I usually check the entire factions if there is an error with one. Thanks seb.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
IPS

Post by IPS »

Tarantula (unit of level 2) of Free Saurians haves the same hp than the Spider (lv1)

That is indeed, a failure in the faction :roll:

Eventide in Ageless Heros CANT recruit anything, that is very sadly :(

Ukian Subcommander is overpowered, it haves 76 of hp (that is much for a leadership unit). It haves so 9-4 blade mele and 6-3 ranged, indeed, it failure is only the hp. OK, it haves 6 MP, so It should have 59 hp (like a General).

Ukian Signalman
is indeed ... OVERPOWERED, 12-3 blade mele and 16-2 torch for only 25 coins... with 50 hp... It should do 8-3 blade mele and 11-2 Fire mele and increase their price by 1 gold coin (because its very useful with the fire atack)

Ukian Veteran
is overpowered too, 10-3 first strike pierce and ranged 6-4 blade (ok, if that unit haves 10-3 first strike mele atack, it should do like 6-3 blade mele at ranged) and costs 25. Decrease it ranged strikes by 1 only.

Ukian Officer is a bit overpowered, Change it hp of 46 to 40 because it haves 6 MP (like the lieutenant) and because it haves more offensive than the lieutenant, increase it price to 35.

Dogs Berserk atack should do 4-3 blade mele, skirmisher + berserk sucks a lot, so if you want to dog continues costing 17, decrease it berserk mele atack and it hp to 34. 7-3 is more than a calvary man + a berserk atack + Skirmisher needs limitations.

Ukian Seeress is a bit overpowered, 6-3 slowing ranged is indeed a good slowing atack and healing +4 in that unit like really useful, I think it should cost 27 because it have a good mele atack and a good hp.

MidNight despair dont have any immage after to be recruited, so that is nasty. When you move her, the game kicks you. And she is overpowered, 7-3 blade mele and 10-3 cold (magical) for only 25 of gold is low, she should cost 49 because she does more mele dammage than a red mage and haves 2 less ranged dammage than the red mage, and she haves 4 more hp .... And 20% res to blade, impact and pierce, 10% to cold and -20% to arcane AND 50% DEF IN PLAINS!! AND 6 MP!!!

White Lady is overpowered too, 10-3 pierce magical and 8-2 mele arcane, same res than the MidNight and 50% def in plain and 6 MP, she should cost 47 because it have a less powerful mele atack than the MidNight.

Widow is overpowered too, 26 hp, 5-2 mele arcane, 6-3 pierce magical and 20% res to blade, impact and pierce, 10% to cold and -20% to arcane AND 6 MP AND 50% def in plains. She should cost 24 or 25 because it adventages than the mage (Better mele, better resistances and 50% in plains)

That 50% def in plains does the Despair Overpowered, please Increase the price of each unit by 2 because that awesome bonus.

In the next post, I will talk about the unbalance in the Kthons and of the South Sea Hunters and The Primaverals...

Indeed, any facion of Archaric era is balanced :O
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
suvorov

Post by suvorov »

About Vector- yes I agree it is very much overpowered... did you change it so that it can only effect level 1 and level 0 units? That would make it more fair. Because I recently played in a game where they took control of my level two hero standing on a mountain with full health and then they quickly won the game which I otherwise would have won.

Another idea for vector is to make the attack itself cause a lot more damage... that way it either destroys the unit... or when they take possession of the unit it is much more weakened and vulnerable to a counter attack. As it is, 6 damage is not very much. I'd like to see 20 damage at least, or possibly it automatically decimates half of the units hp. Otherwise you can take control of a troll with nearly full health and if it's standing on a mountain... then game over.

Basically Vector is so tremendously overpowered that it make ageless less fun... if someone plays the kthon they can easily win. I'd like to see it nerfed a LOT more before the kthon is included. Otherwise I can't imagine a single faction within Ageless era that can stand up to kthon.

Think about it, there is not even an attack (that I know about) that automatically kills a unit. Vector not only takes a unit away from you, it then gives that same unit on the same hex to your enemy. So you lose one unit, enemy gains one unit. Also, if you were depending on that unit to hold a mountain or a bridge... well its all over now. With vector, there can be no point defense.

To summarize, I think vector should be completely gotten rid of. Failing that I'd like to see that it only works on level 1 and level 0, and that it severely damages them... maybe leaving them with only 1 hp left. Secondly I don't think its fair that the creatures that have vector, have a strong melee attack, with vector as a ranged attack. Basically the only way to safely kill a vector creature is by melee attack, because if you range, you might lose your unit.

Furthermore, its not just one type of Kthon unit that has vector, there are several different units with the same SUPER-overpowered attack.

There are a hundred arguments to make against vector and I'm sure I'm not the only one whose made them. But until Vector attacks are seriously nerfed, it makes Ageless era much less fun to play.
It is good that war is terrible, lest we grow too fond.

-Robert E. Lee
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Having played the campaign, I think vector is a good part of the Kthons' RP flavour, so it might be sad to remove it. I guess it could be nerfed, though.

Ideas for vector:

- It could damage (or maybe even outright kill) the unit using it, so it would be more of a trade/quite risky;
- Could be available only on offense (can't defend using that attack);
- Be available only to a certain type a leveled unit (so rarer) or only to a weak unit (easier to get rid of);
- Could consume some gold perhaps? Or give gold back to the side losing a unit?;
- It could work like petrify: when the Kthon having taken control of a unit dies, all the units are released. Each Kthon with vector could also have a maximum of controlled unit (say, two), so if it controlled a third one, the first would be released.
- It could work only for a certain time-period, like a single turn, or a few turns...

Of course, if you put all these ideas together, it might be WAY too much (not counting some ideas wouldn't work together, say killing the Kthon and releasing it's target upon said Kthon's death). Still choosing one or two could help keeping the Kthons' overpower at bay a bit more.
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
IPS

Post by IPS »

Newton1 had said before he will change vector to only works in inferior lv units.

Increase the price of every Primemalist unit by 2 because the regen, I will tell you the changes what should be corrected with a change of price more higher or with stats changing:

Primevalist Celebrant is so overpowered, 8-2 impact mele and 9-3 ranged cold magical, it haves +4 heal and have a hp of 45, It should cost 41 not 35.

Cutter is so overpowered, 5-4 blade ranged is better than 7-2 from trolls, and for having the same def than a unit it should cost 16.

Driver, haves the same atack than a Pikeman but with impact and agresion and it haves regen, it should cost 31 and change their atack of 10-3 to 9-3. (trolls does 14-2 and cost 28)

Primeralist Fanatic should do with their sword 9-3 and have a hp of 47 to keep their price of 25

WTF?! Primevalist Follower COSTS 12 TO DO 8-3 COLD RANGED?!! that unit need several changes!!. Them should cost 19... well, I know them dont have magical, but them should do 7-3 cold and not 8-3 and having a staff of 5-2 that is indeed an awesome mele atack and it haves 34 hp (almost the same than a spearman). Decrease their hp of 34 to 25.

Primeralist Brightshield (The most overpowered unit) It haves 62 hp, 7-3 blade and cost 25, like weak... But see it resistances and see, ITS OVERPOWERED! 50% res to blade and blade, 40% res to cold, pierce and fire. And 10% to impact. It haves better resistances than a Sentinel AND it haves awesome resistances atacking and defending, Decreases his physical resistances to 20%, Cold and fire res should be in 20% too and the arcane res should be in 30%. With that changes this unit should cost 27. And decrease it hp of 62 to 53.

Scort 6-2 blade ranged and 8-3 first strike pierce, with 49 hp and regen. This unit should cost ... 36 and no 32.

Slowfot is a bit overpowered, If you decrease it movement to 4 it should cost 17 ;)

Due time, I do not have any time to post any other faction, I need to leave for a wile.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
suvorov

Post by suvorov »

Yes vector now only works with level 0 and level 1 but is still really overpowered... also vectoring level 1 units with lots of xp is still about the same as vectoring a level 2 unit.

As far as I can tell, the Khthon have a bunch of units with basic melee attack and they all have vector, or at least 90%. I've trade playing a few more games with them to see if they REALLY were as overpowered as I said they were. And yes they still are really overpowered. If you take away vector, you dont really have much a faction. They're kind of a one trick pony as it stands. If it were up to me I'd say they should be taken out of Ageless until they are developed a bit more.

I like almost all of the suggestions that the person above me made.

However, it's not just one unit of the Khthon, it's almost their entire lineup that has vector. If you effectively nerf vector, you are also nerfing the entire faction. I havent seen/played the campaign they are a part of... but it seems to me that they should be removed from ageless era until they undergo a major overhaul.

Play Oracia, (or any survival for that matter) on the hardest level and then give yourself half the start default gold as khthon and you will have a very easy victory.

-Robert E. Lee
Dream_Merchant

Post by Dream_Merchant »

About vector: here is another idea.

Make it work like plague or curse, so that the vector attack must deal the killing blow.

The advantage to plague or curse is that you get the killed unit on your side (a very important advantage mind you)

The disadvantage is that it only works if the killer is higher level than the killed and vector attacks have a low chance to hit and deal very little damage.

Removing factions from Ageless Era should be the 'solution' of last resort.
Dream_Merchant

Post by Dream_Merchant »

Issaelf Seal should be level 0. It is currently level 1.
suvorov

Post by suvorov »

The problem with khthon is one of diversity. If you nerf the vector then they are too weak. If not, they are too strong. I can beat anyone other faction in the game with them because I spam 10 horses for 10 gold each in the first two turns. Then I swarm whatever units my enemy has. It wouldn't matter if I was facing a galactic empires era... because I could simply use all their units against them.

So yes Vector needs to be heavily nerfed. But the faction as a whole needs to be diversified. Every single animal is pretty much the same... two melee attacks with a ranged vector. Once you nerf vector... you hardly have a feasible faction. If you don't nerf vector... they are the BORG and resistance is futile.

-Robert E. Lee
seb

Post by seb »

Most creatures of the EOM-Elemental faction have missing animations caused by missing quotation marks and/or incomplete path names:

Code: Select all

image=xyz.png
should be

image="/units/elementals/xyz.png"
Jachi

Post by Jachi »

I seem to have found a little misspelling, the succubus line does not have screech, they have screach, nothing gamebreaking, but maybe you could change it when you have the time?
Blame me and get flamed!
(Not really...)
IPS

Post by IPS »

Pillager leader of Marauders is unbalanced.

10-4 blade and 12-2 torch is very powerful offensively. You can do to a ouwtlaw unit 16-4 at night. It should do 9-4 blade mele. He needs only that correction ;)

Jarl is so overpowered too.

12-3 blade mele, 49 hp, 6 MP and Leadership... It should do 10-3 blade mele and have an hp of 38 if it want to have an movement of 6. And erase it weakness.

And other thing, Marauder faction is not balanced at all, Im tired to choice what will be the changes, so this time I will grateful if other person choices them.

Other thing, Marauders level up so quickly, 17 xp if is inteligent, that is very faster in mod of xp at 70%

I dont know why, but all the marauders units have a 20% of cold resistances, this is nasty for some factions...
fog_of_gold

Post by fog_of_gold »

I just noticed a bug, too:
_weapon-specials.cfg wrote:

[...]
#define WEAPON_SPECIAL_RAGE_2
    [berserk]
        id=rage2
        name= _ "rage (2)"
        description= _ "Rage:
	When used offensively, this attack presses the engagement for twice the usual length of combat."
        value=3
    [/berserk]
#enddef
[...]
Of course value have to be 2.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Sorry that I haven't gotten back. I've been extremely busy with school and won't be able to get any work done in the next few days.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!