Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dream_Merchant

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 4.1

Post by Dream_Merchant »

I also think vector is a bit too broken. As an idea its cool, but the execution is overpowered. Maybe you can look into this. If I may make one suggestion: vector to work only on lower level units. I think it plays well with the flavor of it as well.

On a general note, I have noticed that many of the descriptions are appalling. I understand that there may be many great faction designers out there whose primary language is not English. Well, it is not mine either, but I think I can polish the descriptions to be somewhat more evocative. Game terms it might not mean anything, but it helps make the game look and feel better.

If you could be kind enough to send me the descriptions of ALL the units (apart from the default era ones), I will get down to work on them as soon as possible. If you want I can PM you my email.
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

This Era causes Out-Of-Sync errors due to the Orcish Fireline unit. There was an error in that particular unit that allowed Orcish Grunts to advance to Orcish Fireline even if you use Default Era. This error is fixed in the latest Archaic Era release (which is the era Fireline comes from), but it doesn't seem to be fixed in the Ageless Era, so I had to remove that add-on.

I see that this has been reported before and supposedly fixed. Yet just prior to my post the problem still existed.
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

shadowblack wrote:This Era causes Out-Of-Sync errors due to the Orcish Fireline unit. There was an error in that particular unit that allowed Orcish Grunts to advance to Orcish Fireline even if you use Default Era. This error is fixed in the latest Archaic Era release (which is the era Fireline comes from), but it doesn't seem to be fixed in the Ageless Era, so I had to remove that add-on.
As far as I know, it was never a problem with Archaic Era and I've done nothing to address it. Let me know if I'm wrong (I can't test on-line).
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

You're right, it wasn't a problem with Archaic Era - I just misunderstood a couple of posts in the Archaic Era thread. It was - and still is - a problem with Ageless Era. My apologies for the confusion.
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
ahyangyi

Post by ahyangyi »

Dream_Merchant wrote:I also think vector is a bit too broken. As an idea its cool, but the execution is overpowered. Maybe you can look into this. If I may make one suggestion: vector to work only on lower level units. I think it plays well with the flavor of it as well.
I'm not aware of what vector is. However, I see the love potion attack (ability name: "charm") from another unit somewhere else in Ageless era implemented with the idea of working only on lower level units. I think it's generally a good idea to cap such drastic effect with a level limitation. Perhaps someone who wants to change the implementation could also have this as a reference.
ahyangyi

Post by ahyangyi »

Another problem: Ageless RPG era doesn't contain undead units. Yes, it doesn't contain either the original undead, or the extended undead.
seb

Post by seb »

I found 4 more instances of missing images due to capitalisation:
"/AE_factions/heros/archic-heros.cfg":
line 10: "units/Khthon/..." ->"kthon"
line 51: "units/Primeval/..." ->"primeval"
line 115: "units/Ukians/..." ->"ukians"

"/units/_EOM_units/vampires/":
line 6: "units/vampires/Marlgoyle.png" -> "marlgoyle"

I hope that's all.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Dream_Merchant wrote:I also think vector is a bit too broken. As an idea its cool, but the execution is overpowered. Maybe you can look into this. If I may make one suggestion: vector to work only on lower level units. I think it plays well with the flavor of it as well.

On a general note, I have noticed that many of the descriptions are appalling. I understand that there may be many great faction designers out there whose primary language is not English. Well, it is not mine either, but I think I can polish the descriptions to be somewhat more evocative. Game terms it might not mean anything, but it helps make the game look and feel better.

If you could be kind enough to send me the descriptions of ALL the units (apart from the default era ones), I will get down to work on them as soon as possible. If you want I can PM you my email.
I have changed the Vector attacks so they now only effect lower level units.

Sending you all of the descriptions might overwhelm you a bit. I will send you a few at a time, unless you ask for more. Thanks a lot for the help :mrgreen:

ahyangyi: Fixed, thanks for the bug report.

seb: Thanks.

shadowblack: I have already discovered this bug and it will be in the next update. It is NOT doofus-01 fault.

I think thats everything. Expect an update in the next few hours.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

lev 1 Desperado causes a crash when advancing to lev 2 MadCap.
South seas Lore Caster causes a crash when advancing to lev 2.
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
ahyangyi

Post by ahyangyi »

South Sea in Ageless Heroes doesn't seem to contain all its lvl1 units...
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

MattDakka wrote:lev 1 Desperado causes a crash when advancing to lev 2 MadCap.
South seas Lore Caster causes a crash when advancing to lev 2.
Thanks, I already knew about the Eventide bug. I have checked ad fixed all the '

ahyangyi: Thanks and fixed.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

Damned's curse trait doesn't work (i.e. the Damned is not able to create a lev 0 Cursed when killing an unit).
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

The Kharos' Revenger lev 2 leader has no "revenge" trait.
fog_of_gold

Post by fog_of_gold »

MattDakka wrote:Damned's curse trait doesn't work (i.e. the Damned is not able to create a lev 0 Cursed when killing an unit).
It's said a while ago being fixed so maybe you haven't got the latest version. Do you already have BfW 1.8?
MattDakka wrote:The Kharos' Revenger lev 2 leader has no "revenge" trait.
I'm a little bit unsure what you are talking about but if you are talking about the bug makes the revenge ability invisible, that's already a bug in EOMa so be patient until fixed in EOMa.
ahyangyi

Post by ahyangyi »

(not a bug report) some units still have "energy" resistance... Especially I met some units whose only vulnerability is energy which doesn't exist anywhere... I think it's time to remove these energy resistances and rebalance the resistances a little...