auto fight utility

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

norbert

auto fight utility

Post by norbert »

I created a little scenario (more of a utility) that automatically starts fights between preselected units on preselected terrains. I put it here because it's somewhat/vaguely related to unit balancing. It's attached to this message (I won't upload it to the addon server). By default, 204 units fight each other and themselves on 13 terrain types, but this can obviously be changed. I use this utility from the console (./WhoWins.sh 0) to check the outcomes (WML messages) of fights between certain units. It's a pretty useless package, but who knows, maybe someone thinks it's usable in some way.
Attachments
WhoWins.tar.gz
Who Wins?
(11.56 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
norbert

Re: auto fight utility

Post by norbert »

To give you better understanding of what information this scenario/utility can provide, see the attached image about Rebels fighting the Knalgan Alliance on Forest ground.

I (removed the 50 turn limit and) ran the script 10 times, which provides 20 results for each unit vs unit combination (10 where the elf starts attacking, 10 where the dwarf starts attacking):
Spoiler:
Next, I can grep on the resulting results.txt (187K) for, for example, "Elvish Scout" and "Dwarvish Fighter" to see how they fought each other. Before running the bash script, I changed the array files.
Spoiler:
Attachments
Rebels vs. Knalgan Alliance on Forest ground
Rebels vs. Knalgan Alliance on Forest ground
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

Ulfserker wins against shaman only 13 of 20? I suppose this are ten where the ulf started and 3 where the shaman started. This shows shamans on forest terrain are not to be underrated, if they have a chance to slow their opponent. :-) (OK, and ulfserker's 30% also help.)
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

Probably strong shamans vs. not-strong ulfs, especially strong/res shamans vs quick/int ulfs?
Golbeeze

Post by Golbeeze »

I find this quite amusing and I think it would be fun to see other comparisons.
My_Own_Minion: get rid of the scientist, i can take the blind guy

Talkative: You're like the Wizard of Oz, but evil.

Add-ons in 1.8: Golbeeze's Maps, Golbeeze's RPGs, Evolving Era
Contributor to and Maintainer of Mercenaries