1.8 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 1.0.4

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

adm

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.9.8

Post by adm »

How were you able to kill both enemy leaders before they explored the villages ?

Regarding the "Camp" scenario. It's not like you've lost if the thieves reach the bridge. Also playing a few skirmishes before so you have some lvl 2 units available might help.

Thanks doofus, for considering my idea.
hagabaka

Post by hagabaka »

adm wrote:How were you able to kill both enemy leaders before they explored the villages ?
Well I played on easy mode, and it was the second time I played the scenario. The enemy leaders were too eager to kill my units and wandered out of their castles too.
Regarding the "Camp" scenario. It's not like you've lost if the thieves reach the bridge. Also playing a few skirmishes before so you have some lvl 2 units available might help.
I think the dogs lose 1MP when they level up, but I'll try getting a runner leveled up. I know the scenario goes on even if they reach the bridge, but it seems that the loyalists will recruit more if that happens, and maybe even more if more thieves cross the river to the north. I usually hate facing a lot of "spawns", so I'd like to avoid it. :p
My favorite addon campaigns (made by others): Swamplings | Galuldur's First Journey | To Lands Unknown | The Devil's Flute
adm

Post by adm »

General Burton will send some horsemen/knights into battle if the outlaws cross the river. A few archers should be able to handle them.

I've just started the "Crush" scenario and right after the "this doesn't look good" dialog the following error message occurred.

<Invalid WML found> continue is deprecated as result in [endlevel], use the new attributes instead.

The scenario loaded just fine though.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

adm wrote:I've just started the "Crush" scenario and right after the "this doesn't look good" dialog the following error message occurred.

<Invalid WML found> continue is deprecated as result in [endlevel], use the new attributes instead.

The scenario loaded just fine though.
There was some old code in the worldmap scenario, but it should be fixed now, thanks.

-----------------------
0.9.9 went to the server. There are some translations added, a few small bugs were fixed.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Kazimir

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.9.9

Post by Kazimir »

I registered to log a bug report for BMR. Since I upgraded to version 0.9.9, defeating the enemy leader on skirmish maps does not net any gold reward, despite dialogue to the contrary. The expected gold is paid out only in case the player lets the enemy leader escape.

That said, thanks for coding BMR. I've really enjoyed playing through it in its 1.6 and 1.8 versions.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.9.9

Post by doofus-01 »

That is an unfortunate bug.
I just uploaded 0.9.10, it should be fixed now. I forgot to test where it will take effect, it might not show up as fixed until you are starting a world-map scenario. In other words, if you have an auto-save or manual save during the world-map, the next skirmish might still not work correctly. But after that, it should be OK.

Thanks for alerting me.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
adm

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.9.10

Post by adm »

I've noticed that the hitpoints of the orc units in a skirmish are much higher than usual. Is that a bug or intentional?
Last edited by adm on May 9th, 2010, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.9.10

Post by doofus-01 »

I thought there needed to be more scaling of the skirmish enemies, so that the orcs were not repetitive punching bags. How much higher? It's possible something is not being calculated correctly.

------------
0.9.11 just went to the server. It contains a revision to Part 1: the allied ghosts are now different. Parts 2 & 3 are not changed.
adm

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.9.11

Post by adm »

Well, for example the Orcish Slayers have more than 20 additional hitpoints.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.9.11

Post by doofus-01 »

0.9.12 just went to the server. No really exciting changes, but the scenario "Camp" should be less painful to play now. It seems the AI settings were either deprecated or somehow incorrect in a way that had not caused problems earlier. It could sometimes take about 20-40 seconds per AI move, even when the AI only had 7 units to consider. I commented out the settings, and it all seems much faster now.

There was nothing particularly special about that scenario, so I wonder if there are others that are slow as well.
adm wrote:Well, for example the Orcish Slayers have more than 20 additional hitpoints.
That might be reasonable, depending upon how strong your forces were. It also might be confusing though... Maybe changing the unit type name to something like "Northern Orcs" would help, as a hint to the player that something is different.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.9.12

Post by doofus-01 »

0.9.13 just went to the server. There is a new scenario in Part 1 that is very short and not totally functioning, but it isn't a blocker and there were other things that needed fixing, so I uploaded anyway. Those other fixes mostly involved updating the orc portraits from the old mainline ones, which are now defunct and don't display. It had no effect on game-play, but it looked... unprofessional.
Kelben

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.9.13

Post by Kelben »

And unprofessional is not really applicable to your campaigns :)
-WAR- Wesnoth Allied Rebels
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.9.13

Post by doofus-01 »

1.0.0 went to the server. Biggest changes are some fixes to the AI.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 1.0.0

Post by doofus-01 »

1.0.1 went to the server. The last scenario has been updated. The enemies are a bit stronger, but I gave the units the player has at the beginning arcane attacks to make up for it.
Wendek

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 1.0.1

Post by Wendek »

Hi! I got the same bug as someone mentioned : the enemy archers did go through the villages, but Raenna still didn't show up. There's a black-fonted text that appears, I think it's the notification that says I can now recruit archers so nothing to do with it.
So now anyway since I had already finished the part II months ago (on 1.6 I think) I'm just running through it with debug mode, to remind me what happens before I get to part III. But I felt like you might want to know that this bug happened to more than one person.

Excellent campaign btw, eventhough I really prefer part I to part II. The changes to the Ghosts make that moment even darker for the player, good thing. I guess part III will be the best one. :) Looking forward to your next campaign too.
"You see, it's not about what you take with you, it's about what you leave behind." (Turisas, The Bosphorus Freezes Over)
"A man chooses, a slave obeys." (Andrew Ryan, BioShock)