Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
eyerouge

WTactics: Original-art-give-back

Post by eyerouge »

What
  1. Original art from the Wesnoth CCG WTactics.org will be posted in here as it's created and if there's an interest in it. (Btw, anyone interested in helping out with WTactics in any way is very welcome...)
  2. This is intended to whoever in the Wesnoth community that finds it useful however. If you happen to use it you are not required to tell me about it, but, I would be happy if you did so and in what way/project since it would make me happy.
  3. Keep in mind it wasn't primarily created for BfW since needs are, partially, different in WTactics. Thus sour comments about BfW style breakage, realism, what's depicted and what not et.c. aren't really relevant, even if the games happen to be in the same universe. I'm already aware about several things but have no problems with them when it comes to the art here being implemented into WTactics, and won't have until somebody corrects them or offers me better alternatives. This is all just a matter of lacking the resources and people lacking interest in WTactics and the result is as it is until people decide to help out in whatever way they can. If you'd be interested please contact me for details and/or visit our site.
  4. New images will be announced in this edited post, newest at the top, oldest at the bottom.
  5. Questions? Post in here or contact me.
  6. Discussions? Sure, but not with me or in here. I have a bad experience from forum usage on the net and usually consider discussions to be a waste of life when they're had with strangers/kids/in this form, and I respectfully decline any and all participation in them. I do however value them highly when they're a reflection of dialectics and welcome anyone on Skype/Mail/PM as long as they're in sane enough English or Swedish ;)
  7. Artists may differ and will be presented within time on WT-site depending on their will.
  8. Material posted in here won't be edited/improved by us regardless of what constructive (or otherwise) criticism comes in. Reasons for this are explained in §3 above. If you do however want to improve something in here you are very welcome to do so yourself and also take your liberty to post the result in here - your work would be credited at the WTactics site if you did and it was used by us. Please feel free to contact me beforehand in such cases, as you might want better resolutions to work with and it would be good with a discussion before you begin.
  9. All is GPL2 or later, as well as GPL3 unless anything else is explicitly written in the post announcing the artwork.
  10. Images of playing cards from WT using the artworks are all subject for change. The playing cards are not finalized and should be considered as very early work copies only. Please refrain from commenting mechanics, spelling errors, wording et.c. as we're not yet at a stage where it matters. If you're interested helping out with that kind of work please contact me and you'll be assigned some tasks once we have more final material.
  11. All images are included in the spoiler below, for your viewing convenience.
Spoiler:
Last edited by eyerouge on September 30th, 2010, 7:21 pm, edited 22 times in total.
dipseydoodle

Re: WTactics: Original-art-give-back

Post by dipseydoodle »

This really belongs in the Game forum or in the Off-Topics.

EDIT: This forum really is only for UMCs and stuff.
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

dipseydoodle wrote:This really belongs in the Game forum or in the Off-Topics.

EDIT: This forum really is only for UMCs and stuff.
Art Workshop

Make art for user-made campaigns and factions here!
It's my interepretation that what I posted is a) art and b) could very well be used in user made content for Wesnoth, especially given it's set in the same universe and in relations to what's already out there. As promised I won't discuss and in any case a mod should move it over if it's deemed as off-category. :)
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Dude.

Who's doing this custom art? Get'em over here so that they can do stuff for mainline Wesnoth. All this stuff looks like it'd fit in great with the kitty-style portraiture of Wesnoth! I'm sure lotsa people will have use for this.
dipseydoodle

Post by dipseydoodle »

Ok. NP. I'm not a mod anyway. If you want to post some of this in the user art thread that would be cool too. I think these are really good quality portraits.... And I'm sure a UMC could use some of it.
francophone

Post by francophone »

Magnificent.
But I think the WT_protection can be improved.
The wrist refined and more pronounced. The curve of the lower back more flexible and hollow above.
And add a shadow for the round of shoulder
Attachments
WT_protection.png
WT_protection.png (189.65 KiB) Viewed 9368 times
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

The last one's arms are too short, and too thin.
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
eyerouge

Update: Placid

Post by eyerouge »

placid.png
Issyl

Post by Issyl »

These are excellent, if lacking in background.

I will say that I think their bodies are slightly too small for the hands/heads, it gives them a slightly childlike appearance.

(Yes, I understand nobody is actively working on these).
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

wt_card_donations.png
wt_card_donations.png (188.95 KiB) Viewed 9078 times
wt_site.png
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

wt_books_card.png
wt_books_card.png (190.12 KiB) Viewed 8984 times
wt_books.png
wt_books.png (285.16 KiB) Viewed 8984 times
Last edited by eyerouge on April 24th, 2010, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

eyerouge wrote:from now on it will not be gathered in the top post as well, due to forum restrictions.
If you think the images might get buried in the thread, you could link them with [img] tags in the first post.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

doofus-01 wrote:If you think the images might get buried in the thread, you could link them with [img] tags in the first post.
Ah. *hides for not thinking of that*

Thanks for the tip doofus. :)
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

would also put the images in the first post in a spoiler tag so your page does not become endlessly long

My Awesome Spoiler:
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

mnewton1 wrote:would also put the images in the first post in a spoiler tag so your page does not become endlessly long

My Awesome Spoiler:
Done. :)