wesnoth 1.7.7 crash in the multiplayer menu

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
mich
Translator

wesnoth 1.7.7 crash in the multiplayer menu

Post by mich »

If from the main menu I choose multiplayer, and in the the following menu (the one with "join official server", "connect to server", etc...) I put the mouse on an option, then slowly move the mouse up or down over the others options I experience a crash (continue to move the mouse up or down for some time). This both on windows vista and debian.
This is what the terminal reports

Code: Select all

Checking video mode: 1300x722x32...
setting mode to 1300x722x32
20091106 13:15:28 error gui/event: distributor mouse motion [mp_method_selection]: Failed to remove hover timer.
20091106 13:15:28 error gui/event: distributor mouse motion [mp_method_selection]: show hover tooltip bailing out, no hover widget.
Segmentation fault
mich@debian:~$
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Re: wesnoth 1.7.7 crash in the multiplayer menu

Post by SkeletonCrew »

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem, but I already added a fix for the crash.

Also next time please report the bug a bugs.wesnoth.org, where it's more likely to be found.
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

Thanks. Just tryied with svn version, the problem is still present (I have the same message in the terminal) but the game doesn't crash anymore.
Also next time please report the bug a bugs.wesnoth.org, where it's more likely to be found.
Ok, next time I will report bugs there.
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

mich wrote:Thanks. Just tryied with svn version, the problem is still present (I have the same message in the terminal) but the game doesn't crash anymore.
I haven't been able to reproduce the messages, but a code review revealed
the cause of the crash so I could fix that. Could you try to give more info about
how to reproduce the messages?
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

I have similar messages in the new lobby too (wesnoth 1.7.8), and there they are more frequent (so probably more easy to reproduce). the message are

Code: Select all

20091114 17:26:01 error gui/event: distributor mouse motion [lobby_main]: show hover tooltip bailing out, no hover widget.
20091114 17:26:01 error gui/event: distributor mouse motion [lobby_main]: Failed to remove hover timer.
20091114 17:26:01 error gui/event: distributor mouse motion [lobby_main]: show hover tooltip bailing out, no hover widget.
The problem happens when I mouse over the little icons
little_icons.jpg
little_icons.jpg (2.12 KiB) Viewed 2239 times
It seems a problem in displaying the tips at the bottom of the page (but I can see them). To reproduce, mouse over the little icons of different games, and after a while I can see the messages.
I have compiled the game myself on debian testing. If you need more information, tell me what I can do.
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

Thanks for the additional info, I'm able to get the messages with those icons as well.
Still not able to reproduce them reliably, but I think it's good enough to investigate further.
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

I found the cause of the problem it can happen in valid cases, so removed the error messages.