After the Storm (0.2.1) for Wesnoth 1.7.8+ ONLY

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Theron

Re: After the Storm (0.1.99.0a) for Wesnoth 1.7.8+ ONLY

Post by Theron »

The bug is in the macro IS_VILLAGE_CONTROL_DUMMY.
# This unit allows side 5 to keep control of villages without having a
# visible leader around, for decoration purposes only. The hidden unit
# is placed in an unreachable area so nobody can unhide it without debug

BTW, what happened to the boy who formerly appeared at the end of scenario 2?
Is this a bug or a plot change?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Theron wrote:BTW, what happened to the boy who formerly appeared at the end of scenario 2?
Plot change.

Released version 0.1.99.1 with a fix for the Invisible Dummy problem. Scenario 3 should work now.

It's already available on the add-ons server; it'll be in SF.net soon.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
13arrage

Post by 13arrage »

shadowmaster wrote:
Theron wrote:BTW, what happened to the boy who formerly appeared at the end of scenario 2?
Plot change.

Released version 0.1.99.1 with a fix for the Invisible Dummy problem. Scenario 3 should work now.

It's already available on the add-ons server; it'll be in SF.net soon.

Didn't for me.=/ I went in and removed the dummy and the whole thing worked just fine.

By the way, I /loved/ scenerio three. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be (first five turns consisted of OHMAIGAWD LOOK AT ALL THE LEVEL THREE ELVES) But after a broke the first wave of 2's and 3's they only recruited level ones...Which, against my force of level 2 and scattered 3 undead (not to mention the heroes) was quite simple. Maybe add additional leveled elves after a while? Game crawled after turn 14, when blue had nothing but a few shamans left to throw at me and green only a few more fighters/shamans.

Still, great level, and a nice switch from the incredibly easy first two. I plan to try out the next one soon, and I hope the Bay and Quennoth levels are as epic as they look to be. :D
tillea

Re: After the Storm (0.1.99.1) for Wesnoth 1.7.8+ ONLY

Post by tillea »

Hi,

after finishing scenario 3 of 0.1.99.1 I get:

Code: Select all

error config: File not found '~add-ons/The_Haunted_Woods/utils/theme_thw.cfg'
I have installed "The Haunted Woods" but this file is really missing. My guess is that it
was renamed / changed when the development of AtS has paused.

Kind regards and thanks for the campaign

Andreas.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

That file isn't included anywhere from AtS. Did you install other add-ons after starting scenario 3 and before finishing with it?
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
tillea

Post by tillea »

Hi,

sorry for the noise - I deinstalled "The Haunted Woods" and the problem disapeared.

Thanks

Andreas.
cheetah1011

Post by cheetah1011 »

Hello,

I am getting the Invisible Dummy missing unit bug still. I am using Wesnoth version 1.7.10 and AtS version 0.1.99.1.

Assuming that a fixed version doesn't get uploaded, what can I do to fix the error?
Iris
Site Administrator

After the Storm (0.2.0) for Wesnoth 1.7.8+ ONLY

Post by Iris »

Version 0.2.0 was released some minutes ago, and you should try this one. It doesn't suffer from the bug AFAICT, but I actually don't know how 0.1.99.1 was still affected. Maybe I messed up the uploads...

This release also makes scenario 4 much easier to play. It wasn't intended to be too hard to begin with...

Scenario 5 is a work-in-progress still but it's almost ready.
Last edited by Iris on December 26th, 2009, 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Posting after midnight can mess my English up.
Iris
Site Administrator

After the Storm (0.2.1) for Wesnoth 1.7.8+ ONLY

Post by Iris »

Version 0.2.1 is out now, and adds a new (5th) playable scenario.

Don't forget that your feedback helps me balance the campaign's difficulty!
13arrage

Re: After the Storm (0.2.1) for Wesnoth 1.7.8+ ONLY

Post by 13arrage »

Mmm, okay, I just finished scenerios four and five.

Scenario 4 was: Eh, I dunno. Simple battle, more chaos forces, yada yada yada. I dunno, it just seemed kind of...Filler. No main plot pionts, no interesting tactics, no new enemies, allies, or things to recruit..Just...Generic enemies, large messy brawl.

Scenario 5 I liked for the most part. Of course, having orcs as allies always gives me the giggles since they're the Generic Stock Enemy to every other campaign like the chaos army is to this and Invasion. Problem is...The term 'allies' is applied pretty loosely. They're there, they look nice...And that's about it. The sovereign's recruit castle is SO VERY FAR AWAY from your keep, green's keep, or purple's keep that by the time the few orcs he can actually recruit get there you're just about finished mopping up purple. I mean, I didn't expect him to be that useful. I didn't expect him to win the fight for me. But it would have been nice if he were THERE. All the Guardian units stuck randomly across the northern half of the map mocking me didn't help either. The wolves/goblins made nice punching bags for green, though. Maybe add a few more of those further up so they're still alive to fight purple if you don't want to move blue's recruit space.

You might want to take away the village in the hill/mountain clump between you and green. Green's leader takes it during the first turn and you can pop him with Keshar and/or Elynia and/or Vuruk on the second turn, and green's suddenly leaderless with more than half his gold left. Maybe the blue thing wouldn't be such a problem if green actually held me up longer.

Were all the sea monsters supposed to go after blue? I supposed that would have made him more useful. Well, not useful, but it would have made him entertaining. Ai versus ai fights are always good for laughs. As it was, the two cuttlefish went for blue and the serpent conveniently placed itself on the shoreline next to Keshar and a Necromancer.

Also...Is this intended to be a all-undead campaign? I mean, I like undead as much as the next guy (well, no, I hate them and everything about them, but for all intents and purposes...) but one of the things I liked about invasion (Or Heir to the Throne and similar campaigns, for that matter) Is the shear /variety/ of units you could recruit. No matter your playing style you could build your army around how you liked. In invasion I'll admit I went elf heavy. I love elves and at this point I might even say I'm good at them. But if I didn't want to go all elves I could always pack in some undead. In part two I could even add some human units. (Which I really didn't use much because adding new level ones when you already have about 20 level threes is useless except as a novelty.). But in this campaign you have...Undead. And sprites. You don't even get the elvish spirit units from the last campaign. Do you intend to add more variety in further levels? I realize I'm not even a fourth of the way through the campaign, but that's just my thoughts.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

13arrage wrote:Also...Is this intended to be a all-undead campaign? [...] Do you intend to add more variety in further levels? I realize I'm not even a fourth of the way through the campaign, but that's just my thoughts.
Episode II is (probably) going to use Aragwaith again, along with undead. Episode I will keep using undead because of storyline reasons.
13arrage

Post by 13arrage »

shadowmaster wrote:
13arrage wrote:Also...Is this intended to be a all-undead campaign? [...] Do you intend to add more variety in further levels? I realize I'm not even a fourth of the way through the campaign, but that's just my thoughts.
Episode II is (probably) going to use Aragwaith again, along with undead. Episode I will keep using undead because of storyline reasons.

Ah, well, that's good to know. I'd like to be able to use Aragwaith units again. Certainly more than having an army composed of nothing more than Draugs, Liches, Banebows, and Necromancers for another fifteen scenerios. :augh:
cheetah1011

Post by cheetah1011 »

I've been unable to figure out how to shift Elynia like her glamor ability says she can. How do you do this?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Aw. That's not implemented yet. :/ I had completely forgotten about that little detail - it's not intended to be used in normal scenarios, either. It'll get removed in the next release.
WYRMY

Post by WYRMY »

Is Mal Keshar supposed to be neutral?