Invasion from the Unknown (1.14.4) for Wesnoth 1.6 ONLY

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.12.0) for Wesnoth 1.6 ONLY

Post by Iris »

Merged! (Backport to 1.6 missing, will do later...)

EDIT: done too.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
SouthernOracle

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.12.0) for Wesnoth 1.6 ONLY

Post by SouthernOracle »

Since I'm still throwing ideas around, here is the final story revision. Regarding the glyph data logs: those preceded by *** are non-existent messages I converted from your loose text. They should be in the correct format, but I'm no coder. Seems like there was something else to bring to your attention, but it's lost to me. :hmm:
Attachments
'Welcome Lair' revisions.txt
(3.21 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.14.0) for Wesnoth 1.6 ONLY

Post by Iris »

And with that, version 1.14.0 has been released and is available at the official 1.6 add-ons server, SF.net and my website. Links or instructions in the first post of this thread, as usual.

Significant changes since 1.12.0:
  • SouthernOracle revised all scenarios' text.
  • Some terrain transition glitches were fixed.
  • Some unit sprites were updated; most notably, the L1 Demon and L2 Demon Zephyr, and Anlindë.
  • SouthernOracle revised all scenarios' text.
  • Fixed a bug with scenario 12 (The Escape) that caused the objectives to not be resetted after defeating one of the enemy leaders.
  • Fixed a syntax problem in scenario 23C (Broken Heart) that made an essential event not trigger until the end of the scenario.
  • Have I mentioned that SouthernOracle revised all scenarios' text?
The text for all scenarios has been revised by SouthernOracle, except for an easter egg in one of the last scenarios and the Library messages - which I forgot to remove/replace prior to releasing. (So, yes, it's a known bug, and I'm sorry for that.) The changes were important enough to justify bumping the version number from 1.12.0 to 1.14.0. There was an interim release numbered 1.12.1, but it wasn't uploaded anywhere; it's just a tag in the SVN repository. If you hear of a 1.13.0 release, it's a lie; there's no official release from us that has been numbered like that. 1.13.0 does not exist. Period.

With SouthernOracle and Espreon's help, I fixed some huge plotholes along the way.
Spoiler:
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Emzir

Post by Emzir »

In the "Crossfire" scenario, it seems that there's an order to kill ennemis. I first killed loyalists, then fugitives, and I finished by the Liche. The scenario didn't end, there was no other unit on the battle field... and nothing to do to win :roll: I had to get back of few turns to kill the Liche before fugitive to end the scenario. Is it wanted?
English not being my first language, if you don' understand what I say, tell me.... or try harder ^^
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Emzir wrote:Is it wanted?
Of course not.

Could you post with an attached saved game before killing the last enemy, following the procedure that made the scenario unwinnable? Also, what version of IftU were you using? Game version? The *exact* method? (Remember you are given two choices when defeating the Fugitive leader.)

I couldn't reproduce using Wesnoth 1.6.4+svn r37378 and IftU 1.14.
dustman

Post by dustman »

Lo,

First I'd like to say that this campaign is very interesting story wise but one thing really bother me.
Why all custom biomechanical and demon units are so unbalanced?

They are supposed to be powerful, but c'mon, lvl 1 unit with insane resistances, defense and movement rate are bit of the line for Wesnothian units. Add to that powerful mix of different range and melee attacks and one is really limited in options on how to counter them.
I almost switched to ghosts/DA units at some point since they are the only one beside crowned chars that can handle those challenges adequately. Well, ghosts got miserable hitpoints comparing to most of their adversaries..

Contrary, I love easy maps thrown into plot, since they allow to see custom units advance paths.

All in all, this campaign is really worth playing. Kudos :)
SouthernOracle

Post by SouthernOracle »

Dropping a line to say I'm still around and haven't forgot about my assignment. Haven't had much time for Wesnoth this month, I'm afraid, so sorry to leave you hanging. I will post something for you next week sometime so you can tell me if it's on track or not.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.14.1) for Wesnoth 1.6 ONLY

Post by Iris »

Version 1.14.1 has been released.

Changelog for you. Nobody reads these posts nowadays so I'll not waste my time with cheesy announcements.

Code: Select all

Version 1.14.1:
- Graphics:
    - New or updated unit graphics: Demon, Demon Grunt, Demon Zephyr, Demon
      Warrior, Skeleton Rider

- Scenarios:
    - 9 (The Library):
        - New backstoryffic information.
    - 15 (Shadows of Time):
        - Fix potential crashes/lock-ups during the initial dialogue
          with Wesnoth versions < 1.6.1.

- Units:
    - Fix animation filter issues with Chaos Longbowmen.
I had to borrow a server from Europe since the route between South America and SF.net seems to be broken at the moment. Thanks to Espreon, this version is now available at SF.net and the add-ons server; see the first post for details.
Onizuka

Post by Onizuka »

It was kind of an act to defeat the chaos lord since he always gets back his full HP, when he recieves damage, that is not from "the union". I had to reload many times to win this battle. Is there any trick or is it just that way, that you have to very patient to defeat this enemy ^^?

Very very very nice campaign though!!!
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Onizuka wrote:Is there any trick or is it just that way, that you have to very patient to defeat this enemy ^^?
It is that way. I'll fix it with the first 1.7-compatible release (coming soon or something like that).
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.14.2) for Wesnoth 1.6 ONLY

Post by Iris »

shadowmaster wrote:I'll fix it with the first 1.7-compatible release (coming soon or something like that).
I forgot this. Damn. Regardless...

Version 1.14.2 for Wesnoth 1.6 is out now, along with version 1.70.0 for Wesnoth 1.7.x/1.8.x, but that's in a different thread.

Changes in version 1.14.2:

- Fixed a possible infinite loop/crash with Wesnoth 1.6a due to an invalid music file path. Note that engine versions 1.6.1 and later were always unaffected by this bug.
- Fixed the long delays when loading saved games of scenario 6 with music enabled.
- Some graphic updates, some typos fixed.
Iris
Site Administrator

Invasion from the Unknown (1.14.3) for Wesnoth 1.6 ONLY

Post by Iris »

Version 1.14.3 is out!

This version mainly deals with fixing a lot of enemy units which were never intended to be plagueable yet were, due to a major oversight of my own.

Additionally, there are some possibly saner initial gold defaults for scenarios 10 and 11 in case you ran out of gold before reaching them.

Hopefully this is the last 1.6-compatible release that gets published.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.14.4) for Wesnoth 1.6 ONLY

Post by Iris »

Version 1.14.4 is released, and the only changes in it include some rather forgotten translations from WesCamp-i18n. Oops.
RattleHead

Post by RattleHead »

felicitaciones por la campaña, esta buenisima compatriota xd.

te queria proponer la idea de organizar un foro o algo pa dar a conocer el juego en chile, yo e intentado tirar el proyecto en foros de gamers ( lagzero, terra gaming, lan-z (cuando exisita), etc)

pero 0 respuesta y como q no llama mucho la atención, yo lo juego arto con amigos pero me gustaria dar a conocer el juego pa organizar torneos o cosas parecidas a nivel nacional, bueno solo una idea, saludos y denuevo felicitaciones por la campaña
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

I'm currently playing IftU (IfTU 1.14.4, Pt 1, Easy difficulty, Wesnoth 1.6.5, Windows Vista Home Premium SP2) for the first time, and I really like it! (Although I initially didn't like the first scenario...)

Concerning "Crossfire":
- At the end I didn't receive an early finish bonus?

While not being a programmer, I guess I could just debug the amount of gold; but looking for that bug on the web, I noticed that I did not find a Ring of Regeneration? (Also I didn't know about an alternative scenario or any potions...)

Thanks for the campaign!
I have a cunning plan.