Recall Questions

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lhhgbh

Recall Questions

Post by lhhgbh »

I just started playing and was wondering how recalling on multiplayer works.. So far I have I have done about 4 of the campaigns and leveled up a few guys, but I see that they are not available in a multiplayer scenario. I also played a multiplayer game and had an elf level there, but he was not available for recall on the next game. Am I doing something wrong or missing a setting? Thanks, great game!
Last edited by lhhgbh on September 28th, 2009, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The1exile

Re: Recall Q done about 4 of the campaignsuestion

Post by The1exile »

You are almost certainly playing standalone maps in multiplayer, not a campaign. You can only recall units from previous scenarios in a campaign.
Rubies for passion, rubies for revenge.
lhhgbh

Re: Recall Questions

Post by lhhgbh »

Well when I play the campaigns I can recall guys fine. My question is, how do you recall guys in multiplayer games? I see the option but it says I do not have any veterans to recall.
Max

Post by Max »

what multiplayer games are you talking about?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

lhhgbh wrote:Well when I play the campaigns I can recall guys fine. My question is, how do you recall guys in multiplayer games? I see the option but it says I do not have any veterans to recall.
Then there was no previous scenario to have gotten any veterans from. You can't recall in multiplayer unless it's a multiplayer campaign, and only a couple of multiplayer campaigns exist.
lhhgbh

Post by lhhgbh »

ok that was my question.. so you cannot recall any soldiers or use any soldiers you have leveled in a networked multiplayer game with friends? so if I set up a local game with a few buddies we can only use the default characters, no recalling?
gorgolok

Post by gorgolok »

If you want to play with higher-level units, try using Age of Heroes, it gives you the default factions with the option to recruit level 2 units. There are also some other multiplayer eras you can get from the add-on server. You can change eras for a scenario at the bottom left, when configuring the scenario.
Bellerophon

Post by Bellerophon »

If it isn't a campaign, you can't recall anything as the game you played prior to your current game bears no connection, whereas in a campaign you have scenarios that are connected. Simple as that.
Zarel

Post by Zarel »

Hmm, should we just remove the "recall" option entirely from the first levels of campaigns/mp?
Proud creator of the :whistle: smiley | I prefer the CC-0 license.
lhhgbh

Post by lhhgbh »

Thanks, I had a feeling that was how it all worked, but wanted to be sure.. And yes the fact that there is an option to recall on the earlier levels is what through me off..
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

Zarel wrote:Hmm, should we just remove the "recall" option entirely from the first levels of campaigns/mp?
No, because recalls are allowed in some multiplayer campaigns. But it would make sense to remove it from default multiplayer, I think.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

It could be removed when there is nothing to recall but the message you get makes that pretty clear I thought. Otherwise there is no limitation to not have recalls in the first scenario.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Zarel

Post by Zarel »

Caphriel wrote:No, because recalls are allowed in some multiplayer campaigns. But it would make sense to remove it from default multiplayer, I think.
I said the first level. I can't think of any MP campaign where you can recall units on its first level.
Proud creator of the :whistle: smiley | I prefer the CC-0 license.
lhhgbh

Post by lhhgbh »

Well I wasnt doing a multiplayer campaign, I was just trying to set up a quick match between me and a friend. I had done a test game between myself and the pc earlier (also in the multiplayer single game) and the veterans from that game were not available for the game with my friend.. I will keep messing with it and check out some of the add ons to better understand it.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

lhhgbh wrote:Well I wasnt doing a multiplayer campaign, I was just trying to set up a quick match between me and a friend. I had done a test game between myself and the pc earlier (also in the multiplayer single game) and the veterans from that game were not available for the game with my friend.. I will keep messing with it and check out some of the add ons to better understand it.
While you're free to keep messing with it, I don't think that'll teach you anything new. It's really quite simple:
You can recall units only in campaigns. If you are not playing a campaign, you will have no units to recall.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry