Rebellion During the Dark Age

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ICE-MAN

Re: Rebellion During the Dark Age

Post by ICE-MAN »

No that is not the problem with Don Tonk(the Don Tonk is a problem with the list..)
I have this problem by every savegame...

I can not play your campaign!!!
Huston

Post by Huston »

are you using the latest version of the campaign and if you updated the campain from a previous version please pm me a zip of your savegame. this way i can see about fixing it for you. i'm sorry that you are having problems. you are the first person that says the campaign is totally broken. i have never run into this previously.
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Hamurapi

Post by Hamurapi »

Hi,

I've got the same Problem after Starting "Dan Tonk". I always get the following errormessage: The Game could not be loaded attempt to create a unite on the recall list for side 2, which does not have a recall list.
xbriannova

Post by xbriannova »

Hello Huston, I've played this campaign of yours and I'm afraid I'm going to have to be very honest with you. If you're allergic and easily horrified by extremely negative opinions, don't, I repeat, don't open the 'spoilers' section of this post.
Spoiler:
But then again, there were some good things that I'd like to point out.

The interlude scenario between the first scenario and the second is well done. It's a great use of interludes and a nice way to tell a story. Other than this though, there isn't many good things about this campaign and if I missed anything from the 3rd scenario onward then tough luck, I was really put off by the front pages of this story. What you guys should do is to take it down, renovate it thoroughly before publishing it. It won't impress anyone in its current state, least of all me.

EDIT: Oh right, I was playing the latest version, 1.3.7 on 1.6.2 BfW.
Current Projects:

UMC Campaign Guardian Order.
Main Campaign Thread: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26895
Art Thread: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 28&start=0
Huston

Post by Huston »

well. thanks for being honest. i'm sorry to hear that you did not like it. as for the female fighters randomly turning into male fighters, something wierd happened when i combined the 2 halves into one .cfg file.

This campaign is only like 4 months old though so it does have issues left with it.

as for the dialog being compared to that of The Fall of Wesnoth, I did not have anyone to help me with it. I hadn't even met The Grest Rings when i published this. He is a much better author than me. english is my worst subject after all.

anyway thanks for playing. and i hope it helped you better understand the backstory to part 1 of The Fall of Wesnoth(which Part 1 is meant to just wrap up loose ends for this campaigns among others)
xbriannova

Post by xbriannova »

Well, I'm sorry if I sound like some antagonist or classical villain but lying to you won't help you so I had to tell you all that.

To tell you the truth, it didn't help me at all in understanding the story because I didn't really play it at all. Sorry... :(

In the meantime, you should get The great ring to improve this entire campaign. Thanks for listening to me :)
Current Projects:

UMC Campaign Guardian Order.
Main Campaign Thread: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26895
Art Thread: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 28&start=0
datakid

Post by datakid »

Hola, I'm getting the "Error: load_game_failed: Attempt to create a unit on the recall list for side 2, which does not have a recall list." error.

on 1.4.7 RDtDA and BfW 1.6 on Ubuntu Jaunty fully up to date.

FYI.

Love the game, thanks.
Huston

Post by Huston »

known issue sorry but i haven't nailed it yet. been trying since i added the scenario to fix it. i will get it eventually.
thanks for the feedback.
Bircoph

Post by Bircoph »

Hello,

I tried Rebellion During the Dark Age version 1.4.7. And I hit a bug with Wesnoth-1.7.3+ svn revision 37998: in the first scenario units are not transformed after user's chose, they stay as is, unchanged farmers.

With Wesnoth-1.7.2 in works fine.

BTW: I like those female fighters ))
Per aspera ad astra!
Huston

Post by Huston »

ok. i'll look inmto that thanks for reporting it.
Istarian

Post by Istarian »

1) Well, I'm not done yet, but that will be remedied eventually. ;) So far it's been pretty fun, and the story line flows pretty well (ie no silly story lines) and I haven't encountered any untoward surprises such as are mentioned in the campaign design howto (That's a good sign.). --I'm currently on 'Seizure of Weldyn' and I started a day or two ago.--

2) Well... all the scenarios have been pretty good, so I can't presently name a favorite.

3) The Ford of Abez one was pretty hard (see time it took to finish in #4) and 'Seizure of Weldyn' looks to be pretty difficult (haven't gotten very far, will mention why below).

4) Ah yes, that one... It took about thirty-eight out of the forty turns (cutting it close, but definitely possible to beat). I think it might be just a little too hard. The narrow entrance to the main ford and the surprise creature attack on the very narrow second ford do complicate matters. You may wish to test the option of having the main ford be two squares wide at the upper shore. I know that would endanger the player's side a little more, but it would also make the scenario faster and less frustratingly slow as it would make the attackable/movable area a little larger.
P.S. I almost always play things on Normal (Yes, that means that I played this on normal too.)

5) I don't know that any were "too easy", but the transition from the first two or three (relatively easy and uncomplicated) to the later ones was a little abrupt in terms of change in difficulty. The scenario right before the elven council meeting seemed a little easy once I got to the battle (woods take a while to walk through.) though.

6) As above, the ford of abez was considerably difficult, mostly because of the inability to gain headway before the first half of the time is over. (Normal Difficulty)

7) Yes. I think that fighter should level a little less fast. I ended up with a lot of commanders, a fighter has almost too high of a chance of making to the next level. I also noticed that the female fighters have some differences from the male in terrain defense percentages. Male/Shallow Water: 20% vs. Female/Shallow Water: 40%. It was helpful, but making them both 30% might make it seem less odd. The female ones also move faster in water and swamps, which is odd.

8) Wesnoth 1.6

9) Campaign Version 1.47 -- There is a bug on 'Seizure of Weldyn' (scenario 10?), not sure what it is. It manifests itself as this error: "Error: load_game_failed: Attempt to create a unit on the recall list for side 2, which does not have a recall list." as mentioned here: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/search.php ... mit=Search It causes loading of both manual saves and autosaves to crash and not load. Starting over works fine, so it whatever causes it must happen after the initial setup of the scenario.

9a) Allora doesn't have an image, period. Is there a reason this occurs? It kind of ruins the point of her showing up.
Huston

Post by Huston »

thanks for the feedback. the problem with the saves not loading i am aware of. and allora not having an image is still a problem i will fix it today.
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
JezterMan

Post by JezterMan »

Hey,
I'm having a problem with this one.
I get to the "Search For Allies" map ... the one where i'm supposed to free the captured elves...
and the game crashes every time. Usually on turn 2 or 3.

Running 1.6.4 on Vista

( I read something about saves not loading... This map i did load from the game-created save file, but not sure if thats the prob? )
Huston

Post by Huston »

hmm. this sholdn't be happening. i'll look into it as soon as possible.
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
koveras

Post by koveras »

Ive had that problem as well, but not just in this campaign. It's a musical problem from what I can tell. I disabled music and user interface sounds and i was able to play normally through the scenario.