Survivals by Golbeeze

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Golbeeze

Survivals by Golbeeze

Post by Golbeeze »

Hi all, I revamped some of my old survivals for 1.6. At the moment there are some buggy versions up by my maintainer, but I have asked him to remove them. Ignore them for now and just stick with the "Survivals" add-on to get all of my functional survival maps. I hope you enjoy them and I would appreciate feedback to make them better! :D

Currently in the add-on:
-ArenaSurvival: An intense 4 person survival.
-DuoSurvival: An easier 2 person survival.
-TrioSurvival: A medium-hard 3 person survival.
-SoloSurvival: Five solo survivals utilizing different eras with varying difficulties; default, BEEM, EoMyths, and Mercenaries (x2).

It has been uploaded as 1.0.0 on the add-ons list for now and is available here in .zip form.
Attachments
Survivals.zip
(39.64 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
My_Own_Minion: get rid of the scientist, i can take the blind guy

Talkative: You're like the Wizard of Oz, but evil.

Add-ons in 1.8: Golbeeze's Maps, Golbeeze's RPGs, Evolving Era
Contributor to and Maintainer of Mercenaries
Raliven

Re: Survivals by Golbeeze

Post by Raliven »

I played the SoloSurvival default earlier today and finished it with Loyalists. It's a bit too easy in my opinion. If you get decent to good luck at the beginning it's not that hard to finish. Towards the end I had a general, two white mages, about four royal guards and a level 3 bow.
Golbeeze

Post by Golbeeze »

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into it again. It's been a while since I've dealt with those survivals. They were the last ones I made and unfortunately received the least testing. Any ideas on how to improve it? Specifics would be nice; waves that were easy and/or ones that could be made harder, for example.
My_Own_Minion: get rid of the scientist, i can take the blind guy

Talkative: You're like the Wizard of Oz, but evil.

Add-ons in 1.8: Golbeeze's Maps, Golbeeze's RPGs, Evolving Era
Contributor to and Maintainer of Mercenaries
Raliven

Post by Raliven »

It was really more of a problem of rolling momentum more than anything else. Once you get going, you have more than enough gold and experienced units to deal with the waves. If you stick a healer in the keep, a lot of the waves really don't hurt you too much if you play it right. I think some possibilities for changes might be to take out one or two villages, maybe increase the xp modifier, and/or increase the size and strength of the spawns, particularly after the first couple.