Metalheads Faction

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

KKSlider

Metalheads Faction

Post by KKSlider »

Disclaimer: I'm opening this thread because it's a project that I'll soon begin to develop, once I'm done with my campaign. Expect sort of a "come back" here once AOA will be completed, meaning that I'll upload more info and thus, updating the thread.

Ok, the concept is pretty simple: I wish to create something different from the "standard" swords & bows faction. Read on for a detailed description.

Attacks
Death growls/screams/shouts - Typical of the Death/Black Metal environment, depending on the unit, it may slow/stun the enemies or even healing the adjacent allies. I'll try to sample some self-made growls and then judging the result.
Guitar solos - Sort of a one-hit-kill weapon, in a similar way reminiscent of the Thunderers. I don't know whenever it's possible to get free samples of solos, and I can't play a guitar... I need the help of some guitar player to perform them. Solos are available to Thrashters, Progsters, Speedsters and Powersters. Deathsters and Blacksters may use their same solos with the adding of death vocals.
Idle animations - In poor words, headbanging. Heavy headbanging. Whiplashes, Up'n'down, everything. I can do and I will do sprites myself, but volunteers are always welcome.

Units
Click to expand the units' tree:
The "Norwegian" thing is yet to decide. I don't know if it's better to put it or just leave it to "True Blackster".
The ones that I listed are the most common types of Metallers, or at least, the most recognizable. Classical Metalhead may need of some musical samples as well, but even this is yet to be decided.
The Extreme Brutal Thing is a joke, and ironically, the most powerful unit as a lv4. Black Crows and Grim Reapers are yet to decide too, and I actually don't know if they compromise the faction's balance.
Expand the spoiler for a detailed unit description
Units' descriptions:
Last edited by KKSlider on July 19th, 2009, 10:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Thanatos

Re: Metalheads Faction

Post by Thanatos »

Yay! I will keep an eye on this thread then.

---

Some comments already:

Don't put the "Grim Reaper" into the level 0 branch, man...
That's the place for the "Poser". :P

There's no such thing as a "Not-Norwegian True Blackster".
So I'd recommend to leave the Norwegian in. ;)
Last edited by Thanatos on July 12th, 2009, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThanatoNoth | Necromanteion | Undead Rights Protection Society
"The gods can demand nothing of me. Even gods answer to me, eventually. [...] I cannot be bidden, I cannot be forced. I will do only that which I know to be right." (Death in Pratchett's "Mort")
KKSlider

Post by KKSlider »

This evening I'll finish to put all units descriptions.
Thanks for the tips already, ahahah, I was thinking of you while writing those things you know? :lol2:

Edit: Whew... all done, for now. :)
"I love humanity, but I just can't stand people"

Current project(s): Campaign - An Ordinary Adventure
Sono Italiano, se servono traduzioni contattatemi (con calma, e in fila indiana XD).
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Alternative to the lvl 1 poser evolution, "Metalcore head" 8)
KKSlider

Post by KKSlider »

Maybe as a second lv1 level-up. :twisted:

I realized tonight that the Industrial Metaller is missing... where can I put him? :hmm:

Sono Italiano, se servono traduzioni contattatemi (con calma, e in fila indiana XD).
Cloud
Art Contributor

Post by Cloud »

Softly/SoftlySplinter on IRC. Will be lurking around more these days
Mainline Animations|The Væringjar
Art for these mead-sodden, bearded mushroom-junkies by Girgistian!
KKSlider

Post by KKSlider »

That's kind of a joke, to me... XD
A very few underground people know this genre, like Black Metal and Funeral Doom, so I maybe don't want to put a lv2 unit in the lv0 branch.
I was thinking about the Metalcore head... that's actually a possible unit, so I might gonna add it.