Invasion from the Unknown (1.14.4) for Wesnoth 1.6 ONLY

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Deusite
Translator

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.12.0) for Wesnoth 1.6 ONLY

Post by Deusite »

I've got a messed up day and night cycle as well, so have a nice shiny save file. I can post a screenshot screenshot if that doesn't help.

Also, why isn't this campaign on Wescamp, or at least why cant I see it? It seems odd since there are posts about someone doing a translation. :hmm:

EDIT: "The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 50 KB." :roll: whatever

Have a screenshot then.
Spoiler:
AKA Marz
Two profiles are better than one
Latin Translator
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

I have no idea why it's no longer in WesCamp-i18n.

I cannot reproduce your bug with the ToD graphics either. I just let the AI play alone for the first six turns in scenario 2 using Wesnoth 1.6.3+svn (r36388) and I got the correct image:
Attachments
no_tod_glitch.png
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Deusite
Translator

Post by Deusite »

Hmmm. The schedule macro for this starts at 'Dawn 1' but 'A Real Confrontation starts at 'Dusk 2'. The scenario starts with Dawn 1 graphics but Dusk 2 modifiers. I'm guessing that's not a coincidence.

UtBS also sets a default scheme as a macro but yours doesn't:

Code: Select all

#define TWO_SUNS_DEFAULT_SCHEDULE
    {DAWN1}
    {MORNING1}
    {MIDDAY1}
    {AFTERNOON1}
    {DUSK1}
    {SHORTDARK}
    {DAWN2}
    {MORNING2}
    {MIDDAY2}
    {AFTERNOON2}
    {DUSK2}
    {LONGDARK1}
    {LONGDARK2}
    {LONGDARK3}
    {LONGDARK4}
#enddef
I suppose adding something like that for that scenario only would help.
AKA Marz
Latin Translator
lostnumber

Post by lostnumber »

Hey I have to say, I like the campaign, but the dialogue is just sooooo painfully bad...

It doesnt look like english is your first language. It also looks like someone worked on fixing a lot of it up and then stopped about halfway through the first half of the campaign. The dialogue for the first several interludes is quite good, but as you progress further and further it keeps getting worse and worse to the point where its hard to bear. Especially since this is such a dialogue-heavy campaign (it has its own entire mythology that it needs to explain).

Having someone fix the speech in this will go a long way towards making it an excellent campaign.
SouthernOracle

Post by SouthernOracle »

I'm still working on it if Shadow Master's ready for it..
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Shadow_Master wrote:No, you are at the correct place, I believe. Lurk around, kill all side 2 (blue) units in the chamber, end your turn. She should appear afterwards. Not nice, I know. Will change it later.
maybe change the objective to say that you need to kill all the blue units in that room. it's not that hard to kill all the units, it's just that it didn't say that you needed to do that in the objectives.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Shadow_Master wrote:Not nice, I know. Will change it later.
Regarding the ToD glitch, can anyone do me a favor and attach a saved game? (Compressed, btw; the above sounds like someone tried to attach an uncompressed saved game.)
Deusite wrote:I suppose adding something like that for that scenario only would help.
No. If there's a bug, it must be fixed the proper way, not worked around. It sounds like it could be a bug in the game engine rather than my campaign, since I cannot reproduce it.

Also, I deliberately decided to not use a default schedule sequence for some scenarios.

By the way, what Wesnoth version and platform are the affected people using?
lostnumber wrote:It doesnt look like english is your first language.
Given my location, it's pretty unlikely that it is. ;)
SouthernOracle wrote:I'm still working on it if Shadow Master's ready for it..
And I'm still waiting.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
SouthernOracle

Post by SouthernOracle »

I was unaware you used the others. If you prefer more than two at a time, let me know.
Attachments
'Crossfire' revisions.txt
(5.35 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
'Cursed Plateau' revisions.txt
(3.49 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
Deusite
Translator

Post by Deusite »

Shadow_Master wrote: By the way, what Wesnoth version and platform are the affected people using?
1.6.1 and 1.6.3 on Mac OSX 10.5.6. The workaround didn't work anyway when I tried it.
AKA Marz
Latin Translator
Stedevil

Post by Stedevil »

Wesnoth 1.6 on Linux (Ubuntu 8.10)

I may have the setting for the sun to move in the opposing direction (Im 1500km from my computer at present so can't check). Could potentially have something to do with it.

Though that never caused problems in UTBS, but then again hav't played UTBS in quite a while.

PS How is it a feature that the end of the game in 1 single mission is black instead of translucent grey??
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Stedevil wrote:I may have the setting for the sun to move in the opposing direction (Im 1500km from my computer at present so can't check). Could potentially have something to do with it.
No, it doesn't have anything to do with it. (Though I wonder what's the usefulness of that option?)
PS How is it a feature that the end of the game in 1 single mission is black instead of translucent grey??
The ending dialogue involves shrouding the whole map so that we don't know where the guys who are talking are. That's a feature, because I deliberately made it so using WML.
Stedevil

Post by Stedevil »

Shadow_Master wrote:Though I wonder what's the usefulness of that option?)
For me at least it's intuitively feels much more correct with inverting the graphics. I guess more than me felt that way prompting the addition of the feature long long ago.
The ending dialogue involves shrouding the whole map so that we don't know where the guys who are talking are.
My memory is a bit fuzzy, but it didnt feel logical at the time. But I probably should give it a 2nd look, maybe the G/F was distracting me at the time or something. :D
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

For those who know how to use SVN, etc. etc., you can check-out a temporary tag for the 1.12.1 release into your add-ons directory:

Code: Select all

$ cd ~/.wesnoth-1.6/data/campaigns
$ svn co http://wesnoth-umc-dev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wesnoth-umc-dev/tags/1.6/Invasion_from_the_Unknown/1.12.1 Invasion_from_the_Unknown
This tagged release unfortunately doesn't include all of the changes from SouthernOracle, nor all of my sprite or WML updates. For this reason, I'll do an actual release (1.12.1.1) to the add-ons server and SF.net later this week.
Last edited by Iris on July 1st, 2009, 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: https -> http
SouthernOracle

Post by SouthernOracle »

To help speed things along a bit...

For the story parts I'm going to use the ellipses (...) as they should be used. After seeing them in-game I doubt it will make much difference, plus it looks better. Such as [That wasn't you . . . was it?] or [Don't feed a gremlin after midnight or. . . .] At the end of a sentence is the period plus ellipsis. I'll keep the dialogue the same as I have been posting unless you think it should be changed.

Edit: removed file for tense errors. To be reposted..
Last edited by SouthernOracle on July 6th, 2009, 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

I suggest you stop waiting for me and just continue posting these in any amounts you prefer. For this and only this month (July) I plan to do as much revisions to IftU as possible and get AtS back to life.