Allow people to do actions while some animations still going

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Fosprey

Allow people to do actions while some animations still going

Post by Fosprey »

I always fear to post in this forum because you get so attacked if the idea was already proposed.
I like to have animations, but i don´t like to wait for animations to finish before i issue any order.
My main complain is with the recruiting animation, i hate having to wait the recruiting animation before recruiting my next unit.
Also moving your other units, while your first unit is still attacking, could be cool. But i would be happy enough for the game to allow me to recruit while the animation is going on, OR AT LEAST open up the recruit window.
DEATH_is_undead

Re: Allow people to do actions while some animations still going

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

Fosprey wrote:I always fear to post in this forum because you get so attacked if the idea was already proposed.
I like to have animations, but i don´t like to wait for animations to finish before i issue any order.
My main complain is with the recruiting animation, i hate having to wait the recruiting animation before recruiting my next unit.
Also moving your other units, while your first unit is still attacking, could be cool. But i would be happy enough for the game to allow me to recruit while the animation is going on, OR AT LEAST open up the recruit window.
Preferences->Accelerated Speed. Move that up a little, solves the problem of waiting. But I think this is necessary, what about when the screen fades, you get a message, ect?
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.