Invasion from the Unknown (1.14.4) for Wesnoth 1.6 ONLY

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SouthernOracle

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.12.0) for Wesnoth 1.6

Post by SouthernOracle »

Here's the next two. These will be a pain because of all the little events that trigger.. Just know that I'm not dancing through the text with a marker changing what I enjoy. Each thread has a legitimate change whether it be capitalization or sentence correction.
Attachments
'Memories ft Depths' revisions.txt
(4.63 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
'Over the Sands' revisions.txt
(8.95 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Kelben

Post by Kelben »

When does this campaign will make it as a mainline one?

I just saw 1.7.0 going out and still, it is not Invasion from the Unknown which has been added. I mean, it overwhelms any other campaign download with twice as many. Okay it has new units (some taken back from Under the Burning Sun) and then? Is it such a big issue... Its polishing is exemplary, everyone agree to say the best about it!

Okay I keep quiet na... :arrow:
-WAR- Wesnoth Allied Rebels
bofto

Post by bofto »

Downloaded the add-on, but it seems to kill the computer when I first open it. If I abort, close Wesnoth, and try again, it tells me that it can't find scenario #1. Help.

Running XP on a 6 year old Toshiba laptop. Wesnoth runs fine.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

I just downloaded the add-on from the 1.6 server and had no issues getting it to start. You have the most recent release from the add-on server on 1.6.2 and no luck?
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
bofto

Post by bofto »

Is this just the default Wesnoth Add-on Server, or should I enter something else?
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Should be the normal Wesnoth add-on server you get when you click it in game, I was just checking to make sure it did not come from anywhere else.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

bofto wrote:Downloaded the add-on, but it seems to kill the computer when I first open it. If I abort, close Wesnoth, and try again, it tells me that it can't find scenario #1. Help.
Did you try redownloading it? I was talking with some guy the other day (also using Windows XP, coincidentally) and that solved it.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Darkaros

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.12.0) for Wesnoth 1.6 ONLY

Post by Darkaros »

Is there any actual use for the Glamour ability that Elynia gets halfway through the second part? All the transformations, even the drone, looked pretty useless compared to her base form.

That is, until I found out that the Falcon has 100% defence on unwalkable tiles... Right after I killed everything in the scenario. On the same scenario, (Innuendo), when I got to the end, my troll whelp and hurricane drake didn't get recalled in the next scenario.

I'm using 1.6 with IftU's latest version, did you release a new version on 1.6.2 or something?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

The latest release that is available on the 1.6 server should work with Wesnoth 1.6a, 1.6.1 and 1.6.2, and possibly the non-publicized 1.6 release prior to 1.6a. In fact, it may work even with 1.5.13 and later, but that's not guaranteed.
Darkaros wrote:Is there any actual use for the Glamour ability that Elynia gets halfway through the second part? All the transformations, even the drone, looked pretty useless compared to her base form.
It doesn't have any actual use; it's more of a WML experiment of mine, but I may end up migrating it to the sequel adding actual usefulness.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

im playing episode 1, The Gauntlet, and i get all the way to the bottom and i get to the keep right infront of the gates. and nothing happens. am i going to the wrong place or something?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
zaboug

Post by zaboug »

I have wesnoth 1.6, and I play Invasion from the Unknown (1.12.0) part II.

I don't understand scenario 23C_Broken_Heart : there no issue! We have to go to surface, but we can't break "portal" (I'm french and I'm not sure of "portail" or "grille" translation :oops: )

I went everywhere in map, but nothing happen, I'm trapped.
Is there a bug?
Kelben

Post by Kelben »

I am French too and the translation should be "gate".
-WAR- Wesnoth Allied Rebels
zaboug

Post by zaboug »

Kelben wrote:I am French too and the translation should be "gate".
Stedevil

Post by Stedevil »

Sorry, don't have time to read through this thread right this minute, but I thought some feedback and bugs might be appreciated in any case. :)

Sofar I've played 1.12.0 episode 1 (and just starting episode 2) on Wesnoth 1.6 on hard difficulty.

Bugs:
The graphics for the day night cycle is completely screwed up. I can have daylight and +25 for lawful together with "pitch black" graphics. And any other imaginable combination happens too. Makes the 2 sun cycle extra confusing :D

By and Behold - End of mission it all turns black, not the normal tranclucent grey after finished mission.

The Escape - "Defeat lagounus, the rear guard captain" remains as mission objective even after killing him.

Other reflection:
Don't remember the name of the mission, but the first one with dwarfs. Althurin (dwarf leader) is stupidly aggressive. I even had him run behind enemy lines to attack a lvl 3 troll that he could attack where he stood, from the same defensive % area. If he would have stayed put he would have been protected from all other sides. Naturally he got himself surrounded by trolls and killed before the start of next turn (since Trolls move before my next turn). It would be really helpful if he could just stay at his keep if nothing else.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Phew.
Pentarctagon wrote:im playing episode 1, The Gauntlet, and i get all the way to the bottom and i get to the keep right infront of the gates. and nothing happens. am i going to the wrong place or something?
No, you are at the correct place, I believe. Lurk around, kill all side 2 (blue) units in the chamber, end your turn. She should appear afterwards. Not nice, I know. Will change it later.
zaboug wrote:I don't understand scenario 23C_Broken_Heart : there no issue! We have to go to surface, but we can't break "portal" (I'm french and I'm not sure of "portail" or "grille" translation :oops: )

I went everywhere in map, but nothing happen, I'm trapped.
Is there a bug?
I believe so. I got a report of a similar issue via instant messaging a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I haven't had time to look at it and fix it. I promise I'll have it solved before July 1st.
Stedevil wrote:Bugs:
The graphics for the day night cycle is completely screwed up. I can have daylight and +25 for lawful together with "pitch black" graphics. And any other imaginable combination happens too. Makes the 2 sun cycle extra confusing :D
Could you attach a saved game reproducing the issue? That sounds really weird. :/
By and Behold - End of mission it all turns black, not the normal tranclucent grey after finished mission.
Not a bug. It's a feature!
The Escape - "Defeat lagounus, the rear guard captain" remains as mission objective even after killing him.
I believe I solved this already in SVN. I'll publish a new version with the fix soon.
Don't remember the name of the mission, but the first one with dwarfs. (...)
Ugh, this campaign's balance is totally screwed up in difficulties other than Normal. Thanks for the report!