Doc Paterson Jr.?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheChosenOne

Doc Paterson Jr.?

Post by TheChosenOne »

Here's a replay of me and kard_ playing Hornshark Island. I played under the pseudo malin_keshar. Read the first two lines of the chat log, it's about who created this map. He nearly identified me, smart guy.

http://wesnoth.org/replays/1.6/2p_-_Hor ... _(5867).gz
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Re: Doc Paterson Jr.?

Post by Doc Paterson »

:evil:

*Puts Karn on the bounty list*

That was weird in several ways. You really hadn't seen that map before, or were you just joking with him? Also, how he knew it was you (TCO) is kind of baffling.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

I was bored, and I acted like a newbie just to see his reaction.
Afterall, who doesn't know who our master cartographer is?

Run kard_, Doc is after you! :lol2:
---Konrad III

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
Dharokan

Post by Dharokan »

My first post here is on such a subject :?
But I can't and I do not want to keep quite here.

Unfortunately the piece of evidence isn't available anymore.

Imho this story puts not the best light on you too, TCO.
Prepending to be somebody else is a quite unwelcome behaviour in online games. Boredom is no reason. This could also be interpreted as if you targeted to fool kard on purpose. Your post here would emphasise such an interpretation ;)

Kard could have been just kiddin' about the map. He's usually not one who adorns hisself with borrowed plumes.

However I really see no reason for you to continue telling this on and on...
And I see no reason to put such in the forum either.

What happened that important? A player lied. Wow. (So did you.)
And it was not a player you can expect to tell this often, because you know him and you watch many of the games he plays.

Just my five cent,
Dharokan
Error: signature too large
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

Dharokan wrote:My first post here is on such a subject :?
But I can't and I do not want to keep quite here.

Unfortunately the piece of evidence isn't available anymore.
With some common sense and a few clicks, I'm sure you could find this yourself:
http://wesnoth.org/replays/1.6/20090505 ... _(5867).gz
Dharokan wrote: Imho this story puts not the best light on you too, TCO.
Who says I was seeking the limelight?
Dharokan wrote: Prepending to be somebody else is a quite unwelcome behaviour in online games. Boredom is no reason. This could also be interpreted as if you targeted to fool kard on purpose. Your post here would emphasise such an interpretation ;)
I was just giving kard a taste of his own medicine. Not that I'm a fan of using a nick other than this one, just to ruin others' games.
Dharokan wrote: Kard could have been just kiddin' about the map. He's usually not one who adorns hisself with borrowed plumes.
Would you joke with a stranger? Perhaps you should teach him what 'jk' means then.
Dharokan wrote: However I really see no reason for you to continue telling this on and on...
And I see no reason to put such in the forum either.

You still don't understand why all these things happen, do you? (read my last paragraph)

Dharokan wrote: What happened that important? A player lied. Wow. (So did you.)

There's a difference between lying to gain fame for yourself, and lying to expose the lie. This is a player who twists words, lines, sentences just to save his own face. Remember the Colosseum game we played immediately after this, and how he attempted to cunningly twist the words back on me?
Dharokan wrote: And it was not a player you can expect to tell this often, because you know him and you watch many of the games he plays.
And I am not a player you can expect to tell this often, because you know me and you watch many of the games I play, and as you can already tell by now, I don't do this for no reason. Not that anyone would. Read my posts from the last three years, do I do this often to other players?
some developer whose name I do not remember wrote: It is very hard to find and track down quitters and the like. Your best bet would be to avoid them.
Right, so here is a player, a registered member of the forum who does worse things than simply quitting. He uses various pseudos to join my games as player 2, and (knowing that I dc sometimes) uses the host powers transferred to him to kickban me out of my own game afterwards. He knows I don't like it, but he still does it. This is a player whose reason for doing these things was simply "to get myself banned". Ridiculous. What kind of a jerk is that?

You want proof?
Spoiler:
I am sorry, but being a human, I cannot view things objectively. Not when there is some jerk who attempts to ruin my games on Wesnoth whenever he gets the chance to. Do you often see me whining on the forums for things like this?

Quitters are hard to find and eliminate from the servers, I understand. But if one is found and nothing is done? What is the worth of your rules and regulations? If you need to obey those in the forums, where the game is discussed, then how much more should you obey it in the servers, where the game is played?

You know very well kard_ uses his pseudos very often. If we know he has 4 pseudos, then how many more could he be using? I suspect more.

Now I hope you understand.

TCO out.
---Konrad III

JW

Post by JW »

TheChosenOne wrote:JUNK
Put it in a PM. No one wants to read this e-drama.
kard_

Re:

Post by kard_ »

One Big LOL of surprise Imao :) hehe TCO you know what you can rly consider becoming a dramatic author ill be glad to read your novels and to begin with this post - man you are talented go play in the theatre or somewhere :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
leocrotta

Post by leocrotta »

May I introduce: kard_ - Private Investigator. :eng:
Spoiler:
The secret syndicate will always support you here. :wink:

p.s. @ TCO: You asked WHO is TCO. A non-informed person would've asked WHAT is TCO. (nice trap :P )
Dharokan

Post by Dharokan »

TCO, I didn't want to offend you.
All I was trying to tell is that there are always two sides of each story.

Now i watched the replay and.. well... believe me, you are taking all this far too serious and too personal imho.
It's a game: Have fun! :eng:
Error: signature too large
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

By your replies, I gather that using pseudos are not encouraged, but nothing will be done against those who actively use these against others?

Does this mean that we can openly carry out such acts against other users, even with our registered forum names?

[sarcasm=on]
I'm beginning to like your rules. Let's invite more quitters and jerks then.
[/sarcasm]

Don't expect me to believe in any further arguments regarding how hard it is to keep irresponsible users out of Wesnoth.
---Konrad III

JW

Post by JW »

TheChosenOne wrote:By your replies, I gather that using pseudos are not encouraged, but nothing will be done against those who actively use these against others?
I didn't watch the replay, but if someone is harassing you take it to #wesnoth-mp and tell an admin. There's almost always one online there. Harassing someone in return is just going to get you in trouble too.

If you're willing to make that sacrifice though, do what you want.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

What JW says is correct. If you have an issue with someone harassing you, bring it to one of us MP admins.

At the request of the original poster, locked.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time