My Happy Thoughts

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sparta

My Happy Thoughts

Post by Sparta »

This game is fantastic, I love Wesnoth.

I love the theme of Wesnoth.
I love the balanced factions of Wesnoth.
I love the art of the hexes.
I love the way how terrain, time of day, resistences, weaknesses, and afcourse the unit himself/herself/itself is set up.
The outcome of a battle isn't determined by just a single thing, the outcome is determined by SO many factors and
THAT is what makes it so realistic regarding war.
I remember days when I wouldn't go to school just to keep on playing Wesnoth, THAT's how addicted it is for me,
my mother would call school and say that I was sick, and then I would play Wesnoth feeling so happy inside,
how could such a great game even exist? This game is so good, I consider this the Holy Grail of all games
on the internet. You developers have NO idea how much I appreciate and love your work. If there was some
sort of real life meeting of Wesnoth players, I would trully show my appreciation with a box of chocolate or bonbons
or money or a lovely big hug, without you this game wouldn't go so far, I repeat, this game is fantastic and has
entertained me for a LOOOONG time, and still doing so, and I hope it will stay this way untill I get old and eventually
die.

Don't let me start on the community of this great game. At first, I thought the community would be decent,
just a normal community, nothing much actually. But when I lurked around the forums for a while and
played multiplayer, I noticed how mature the community of Wesnoth is, and how old most of the members
actually are, committing themselves to such a great game, I love the maturity, and how jokes can be accepted,
and how fools and evil ones get rejected and be handled with immediatly, this community is seriously, the most
astonishing and beautiful mature community I've EVER seen on ANY game forum ON THE INTERNET,
see this as a huge compliment, this forum is fantastic. No "1337-sp34k1ng" fools or immature behavior
around here, that's a true plus for this game. In short words, the community you started with, Dave, has grown
into the most beautiful community on the internet I've ever seen.

To show my addiction to this truly Holy Grail of a game, I will tell you that I actually deleted and scanned
and cleaned my whole computer from the inside and outside, just to fit Wesnoth and just to run it smoothly.
I deleted most of my other games, and my computer is nearly empty just with Wesnoth lying there on my desktop,
teasing me with her beautiful icon. The map editor is afcourse, a true pluspoint for the game, it's like adding
the cherry to the pie, a good end to a good game.
I wish all the developers, contributors, and all loyal Wesnothian players to lead a great life,
and may you all rest in peace when your time comes, you've done a great thing to my life, and I freaking mean it
when I say so.

I can't believe how everything I wished for to be in a game, is right there infront of me, in a lil' package called:
The Battle for Wesnoth.
Seriously. Open-source, add-ons, are a few more pluspoints of this greatness of a game.

I am truly sorry for the word I'm going to say now, but I can't resist the urge:
This game is f-n' great,

Thanks alot: Dave, All Developers, All Contributors, All forum members, All Wesnoth Players, All Mods/Admins that guard the peace of these great forums.

I love you all.
Last edited by Turuk on March 18th, 2009, 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited profanity
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Final Thoughts

Post by Ken_Oh »

Ooooo he said a bad word. I'm going to tell.
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

Apart from the f-word, how about a sticky praise-the-game-thread?

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
ShikadiQueen

Post by ShikadiQueen »

Sparta wrote:No "1337-sp34k1ng" fools
/me awaits BIG_LIZARD's response
I got better!
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

HomerJ wrote: Apart from the f-word, how about a sticky praise-the-game-thread?
A novel idea, until of all the posts that have to be split or deleted because some other user cannot help but respond to one of those posts with what is wrong with Wesnoth or the areas in which they think the game sucks blah blah blah. It just goes downhill from there.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
JW

Post by JW »

Sparta wrote:My Final Thoughts
So....you don't think anymore? :hmm:

Nowhere did you say you were leaving the community or that you were done playing Wesnoth. In fact, the opposite. Nothing wrong with your post, the title is just extremely confusing.....
TL

Post by TL »

JW wrote:
Sparta wrote:My Final Thoughts
So....you don't think anymore? :hmm:

Nowhere did you say you were leaving the community or that you were done playing Wesnoth. In fact, the opposite. Nothing wrong with your post, the title is just extremely confusing.....
Oh god. I hope this isn't like the weirdest suicide note ever.